Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's going to be crazy cause I am making a double for myself, and 2 singles, one for another friend and one for a local member and still thinking maybe I can get my car winter ready too LOL

Looks really nice guys, I am asking my friend helping me since I am stupid to this kind work, so my friend told me I need the following tool and parts:

Aluminum trim
Black silicone
Wood board
Spray (black color)
Black primer can
Plexi glass(how many I need)

Looks really nice guys, I am asking my friend helping me since I am stupid to this kind work, so my friend told me I need the following tool and parts:

Aluminum trim
Black silicone
Wood board
Spray (black color)
Black primer can
Plexi glass(how many I need)

Hi if you read from pg 15 that should answer most of your Q:wink1:

:007Hi guys busy at work, need to support my habit I have all the parts but the line connectors for the corners, but now that I know that the power adapter was the problem I can carry on. In the down time I think I found a nice solution for the ON/OFF switches for the Tumbler and Batpod at a electronics store, pics to come I have some time this weekend I hope.:clap

- weather strip to close gap between frame top and glass
- small plastic feet as the ones that came with the table usually are no good anymore

Also for my tables:
- I decided to use velcro to attach the acrylic panels so I can take this apart whenever I need to
- Also I decided to do the base in two layers. 1/4" MDF that fit flush to the table edge to edge where the trim will sit on to to hold the panels in. another 1/4" MDF panel that is 1/4" shorter on all sides so it will sandwich the side panels w the trim

It's going to be crazy cause I am making a double for myself, and 2 singles, one for another friend and one for a local member and still thinking maybe I can get my car winter ready too LOL

Want to make one for me too please? :D :lol

:idea "VELCRO" can you buy it in 1/4" strips, that would work better than pushing the tape apart, NICE!!! Did you have something picked out Geil?:clap

I have some that ok picked up a long time ago but it's 1/2" or more in width. And it's white so not the prettiest. I figure for the top edge it be fine as it won't be visible. But for the sides I was going to cut 3/4" black acrylic strips (don't have to be full length) and Velcro that to the table legs while the edge of this will be sandwiching the side panels to the trim. Also this way the Velcro will be at its strongest when the direction of pull is perpendicular to the tape. Hope it be enough to keep the side panels in place even when kicked by mistake.

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

:yess:I see where your going like a Velcro stuck keeper for the plexiglass, I like it. Now if we take that idea one step further and glue or stick a strip of that fridge magnet material to your keeper and mag it to the leg, I don't know if that will work but I think I will give it a try, it would make a really cool finish.:clap

LEDs working
DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Added my own touch to it...
DSC_0020.jpg

nice work... except you don't actually have a picture showing off your finished setup in its entirety ;)
My schedule has been pushed out again :(

Back