Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chrome was definitely the right way to go. Perhaps if it were darker somehow it would have been better though.

It should of had a light glare paint app but it shouldn't of been mirror reflective.

I prefer the T1 Endo of over the T2.

I am not a fan of light up features but at least you can turn the light on and see it from some distance away. The removable chip would no improve the enjoyment of the figure unless someone literally is playing with the figure like a kid.
a toy for playing with the figure like a kid:

delorean-back-to-the-future-USB-drive.jpg

a $400 model without light up features or removable parts for a serious grown-up:

backtothefuture_toys.jpg

:D sorry couldn't avoid that ))

It should of had a light glare paint app but it shouldn't of been mirror reflective.

I prefer the T1 Endo of over the T2.

Wouldn't have been movie accurate though. Perhaps chrome with some paint weathering to give a battle-damaged appearance would've been ideal? I think that would have pleased most people. The cinemaquette Endo is also chrome, but I like the detail they put into it with the oil leaking etc...makes it look more realistic.

Finally bought this badboy:yess:

I now will have one of my most wanted items in my terminator collection, I am so stoked to get this:blissy

I'm selling my hot toys whiplash figure from ironman 2 to off set the expense, its up in the for sale section now if anyones looking for one:wave

That's what I also wondered the last few days...
I would like to do that on mine because since I know that the pistons are mounted the wrong way I can't really stand the look.
Doesn't look bad, but I know it's wrong. ;)

It appears to be like the fingers which means its a basically a little thumb tack/golf tee looking thing that is made of metal and is glued in. I would think if a person was so inclined, you could twist and snap the glue holding it in and then reglue when its reversed. I know about the fingers because one of mine fell off. It was inserted correctly. I would be worried that in the process of pulling it off, the section that it inserts into would break instead of the glue.

Good luck!

Personally, I like that it's chromed. It's accurate. If it wasn't chromed, it wouldn't be the proper endoskeleton. Sure, at the end of T1, it's not very shiny, but that's only because it's been beaten to hell -- which is not a situation that this particular figure is supposed to represent.

Changing the pistons over only took me a couple of minutes to complete using a pair of micro diagonal pliers. The steel pins aren't glued in. It's a simple matter of carefully levering the base of the pistons upwards until you expose enough of the metal pin to grip and pull out. No need for any great force to be applied during the process. Be careful and take your time.

8798784.jpg

98789347.jpg

89478445.jpg

Sure, at the end of T1, it's not very shiny, but that's only because it's been beaten to hell
???
it is shiny chrome with little soot effect from the fire and from low light.
there are no damages except for one leg piston.

Changing the pistons over only took me a couple of minutes to complete using a pair of micro diagonal pliers. The steel pins aren't glued in. It's a simple matter of carefully levering the base of the pistons upwards until you expose enough of the metal pin to grip and pull out. No need for any great force to be applied during the process. Be careful and take your time.

8798784.jpg

98789347.jpg

89478445.jpg

Thanks for the tips, please post pics once its back on :)

???
it is shiny chrome with little soot effect from the fire and from low light.
there are no damages except for one leg piston.

I agree it SHOULD be chrome, I'm just trying to understand the point of view of those that say it's *too* shiny.

If you recall the very end (terminator 1), where it's blown into pieces and only the upper torso remains. It's quite dusty/dirty, and the shine is not as obvious...it's not a mirror finish in those final scenes.

To reiterate, I like what hot toys did with the finish, I'd be very disappointed if it was not a mirror quality chrome.

Actually if one is doing the collar pistons correction it'd also be an opportunity to correct the hoses that connect to the shoulders - to come out in front of the collar rather than behind it as they are on the stock figure.

I agree it SHOULD be chrome, I'm just trying to understand the point of view of those that say it's *too* shiny.

If you recall the very end (terminator 1), where it's blown into pieces and only the upper torso remains. It's quite dusty/dirty, and the shine is not as obvious...it's not a mirror finish in those final scenes.
i see :)

btw.
how the back should look like.
big, round, and scapula bones are sliding connected to two torso holes, not waving like wings.
it's a movie shot, it's not some stuff from studio that you must search and search for.
but...

Finally bought this badboy:yess:

I now will have one of my most wanted items in my terminator collection, I am so stoked to get this:blissy

I'm selling my hot toys whiplash figure from ironman 2 to off set the expense, its up in the for sale section now if anyones looking for one:wave

Congrats man :clap :panic::panic::panic::panic:

To reiterate, I like what hot toys did with the finish, I'd be very disappointed if it was not a mirror quality chrome.

Other than the Endoskull in the fire scene in the intro to T2, the Endo was never mirror reflective. It only glared light very easily since it had a very polished finish.

Other than the Endoskull in the fire scene in the intro to T2, the Endo was never mirror reflective. It only glared light very easily since it had a very polished finish.

I think that's mainly because it was dark though, and because the endo always looked dirty and had a battle damaged appearance.

Anyway, what I think you're after is something like this:

terminator04-cinemaquette.jpg

i found where hot toys took that wrong collar bone position.

sideshow 1:2.

d75eab3a9d46.jpg

they'd better take those wide & empty chest, wide hips, back shape, feet shape and skull shape from it! instead of horse teeth and wrong collar bones.

e9450f9cb6ac.jpg

300b45663fd3.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

they even finally made the main forearm bone correct: half-cylinder, not full-cylinder.

466fee528d9c.jpg

those guys at least did their homework and didn't just buy an old mcfarlane figure to copy all its fails like HT did back in 200X-something and today.

other photos:

https://showtoys.ru/archives/318

i'm really starting to think that this item was the best toy endoskeleton produced judging by accuracy matters.

Last edited:
Back