Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I snagged a retail Vasquez a week ago, just gathering dust! That was a surprise, she's been scarce for a while, but I know where I can pick up Hudson, Drake and even Apone right now for retail. They even had a couple of Hicks early last year, but I took those both off their hands. :D :monkey3

Is this in Japan? I'm in need of an Apone, but I doubt if it would be worth it to go to Japan. (Of course in the case of that $2300 Hicks auction, the guy could've traveled almost anywhere in the world to buy it for that price.)

guys, give me a month im gonna have every bloody uscm( maybe not hicks:monkey5 still wont pay over $250 for a figure no matter how rare it is) posed in a detolf along with a power loader and at least one aliens warrior.lol i actually like my drake figure way more that my p2!!:chew:rock

Is this in Japan? I'm in need of an Apone, but I doubt if it would be worth it to go to Japan. (Of course in the case of that $2300 Hicks auction, the guy could've traveled almost anywhere in the world to buy it for that price.)

Who says you'd have to go to Japan to get one? I sold one of those Hicks I picked up to MaulFan last year. The shipping was a little high, but he ended up paying less than $200 for him. If you're interested let me know, maybe we can work something out.

Edit: And yes, the retailer is in Osaka, where I often visit.

I'd readily do that for Hicks, but Apone is still semi-reasonable on ebay (although he doesn't crop up as often as some of the others), so I'll probably keep looking there for a while.

I'd readily do that for Hicks, but Apone is still semi-reasonable on ebay (although he doesn't crop up as often as some of the others), so I'll probably keep looking there for a while.

Understood. I'd do the same. MaulFan was also looking on ebay for a while but decided to pay a little more (at the time) to make sure he got himself a Hicks. Turned out to be a good thing in his case, but as you said, Apone isn't quite as scarce and can still be had for a reasonable price. Let me know if you ever change your mind. :D

thank you for the tips icruise, badmoon. and here he is!:D

ResizeofDSC01836.jpg

still havent figured out what the three pieces on the lower right corner of the pic are for.:monkey1

The two clip type things are meant to be components of the smartgun, the smae things that Vasquez and Drake disconnect from their smart guns when Apone orders them to empty their guns before entering the hive.

These pieces were actually worn by most of the regular marines on their belts so save them for those guys, trhats what I did with mine.

belt_tool.jpg

That's right, the PDT signal locator. That should rightly go to Hicks, or Ripley, but she already came with one. Drake didn't appear to have one in the movie.

The two clip type things are meant to be components of the smartgun, the smae things that Vasquez and Drake disconnect from their smart guns when Apone orders them to empty their guns before entering the hive.

These pieces were actually worn by most of the regular marines on their belts so save them for those guys, trhats what I did with mine.

belt_tool.jpg

Jeez that's a great Hicks. What all mods have you done to him? Love the Racal headset!

Thanks MML, yeah I did alot of modifications on this figure. The details are in this thread on page 49

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21974&page=49

I've since swapped the stock body for an old Dragon muscle body with concealed joints. Looks nicer on this figure because he had his sleeves rolled up so high.

hicks_popeth_3.jpg

Absolutely astounding job on him. Would love to see what you could do to the other marines!
Just got a Drake and Apone on the 'bay, approx €130 each, and an Ancient Predator (SS exclusive version) for €270. A bit steep for the Predator, I know, but they seem to be getting hard to find. Out of all the HT AVP Preds, I liked him the most.

Well, I'm sure it'll shoot up a bit more just before it ends. And I think the consensus is that posting auctions like this just ends up hurting everyone, because it drives up the price. I know you're just trying to help, though.

Well, I'm sure it'll shoot up a bit more just before it ends. And I think the consensus is that posting auctions like this just ends up hurting everyone, because it drives up the price. I know you're just trying to help, though.

This is true, but it didn't stop my from posting it :monkey5 ;)

Back