Mr. Charlie's Ventures into Pop Culture Reproductions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent47

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've posted a couple customs here now so I thought I'd just start up a thread with all my stuff in it, starting with my newest custom in the works, a Heath Ledger joker using DA's headsculpt.

Paint is mine and the clothes were a custom dye job. Working on the overcoat next. Stand makes his pants a little weird (just noticed that) and just gave him a couple of guns real quick. Used a medicom body so he'd be at scale with my medicom batman begins. Can't say enough about this sculpt:

ledger2.jpg

ledger1.jpg

Next up is my personal fav, my red skull custom, using a skull keychain that I just sculpted over. Like I said, I did post this before. Overcoat is from BBI or something I'm sure (can't remember). Cigarette is also a custom sculpt job and is removable:

DSCN0847.jpg

front1.jpg

face.jpg

shooting3.jpg

shooting2.jpg

My Black Cat custom, using a catsuit and a jakk's head. Posted this one before as well. Repainted it of course. Doctor's bag is off invisible man. Haven't figured out how to make her hair all curly yet or to give her fur on the legs and arms. Oh, and those flotation devices were sculpted on. Suggestions welcome:

good.jpg

flash.jpg

faceflash.jpg

spidey.jpg

yeah.jpg

Last edited:
And a teaser for the next piece. A Hitman custom. This was my first attempt from a couple years back. He just has soft clay on his face to give him bigger brows. This guy's long gone but version 2.0 will be similar, just with better paint, real sculpty, and a more pronounced jaw and chin. And going to stick with the medicom body:

Hitman3-1.jpg

NICE! And awesome to see the Joker done, very cool to see different approaches to that sculpt. :rock

And I'm loving the rest of the stuff as well, the Red Skull rules as does the Black Cat and Hitman... I can't wait to see the future stuff bro, you're making headway fast.

Thanks guys. Means a lot coming from this crew. New Hitman's almost done. Should have pix within the week.

Haven't figured out how to make her hair all curly yet

Surprisingly easy but potentially disastrous. Just put the hair in curlers(or dowels if you don't have any of those laying around) the size you want the finished curls to be and pour boiling water over the head. Then dunk the head in cold water, wait till dry and take the curlers (or dowels) out. Easy huh? Now for the disastrous part. The boiling water can ruin custom paint jobs and once 'boil permed', the hair will be stuck like that. Any screw ups are next to impossible to get out. My suggestion would be practice on some ghetto Dollar Store dollies first.

Humm...not sure how to tell you this one. Be careful. You can ruin a good figure this way. If you are not sure, don't. You can always come back later with another resolution. Hair is some fickle stuff. Good luck though, whatever you do.

Well, that was a long break. Have two new batman-inspired customs to post. The first is actually a kitbash. Picked up the DCD ledger joker not too long ago for the clothes and ended up throwing them on a larger dragon body from Monkey Depot. Next step is to fix up the paint on Josh's sculpt and fix the post so I can apply that as well, and then maybe repaint this one and the shoes. This required taking the neck post off the head that came with the body and gluing to the DC head. Came out pretty well. Still a need a chain from walmart or something for his watch chain tho. But as you can see, he actually looks good next to the Tak batman now (wish I had a before picture, looked like andre the friggin' giant!)
joker1.jpg
joker2.jpg

And I did this girl a while back but never posted her. I absolutely hate the pics of the DCD one that's coming out. Doesn't anyone know Harley's supposed to SMILING? Anyways, bought a harley barbi and switched out the body. Replaced it with a female dragon one and replaced the hands, but actually kept the feet. The real custom work on this was redoing the sculpt. I actually cut her mouth out and resculpted so she would, yes, be smiling. Then repainted it. Now if I can find a good Alex ross 1/6 joker sculpt somewhere and a white tux to dye purple, we'd be set.
harley2.jpg

And an action shot to show the poseability of the new body:
harley1.jpg

Keepin' 'em comin. Here's an oft customized figure, the Punisher. Wanted one for my spidey shelf but I hated the medicom one. It's too clean. I wanted one that was dirty, and when I saw the one Les did a while back, I knew I had to have that sculpt. Tracked it down on One Sixth Warriors.
Also, was going to make the skull nice and white and symmetrical, but I left it like this. That's a body off Monkey Depot, by the way, with the muscle arms. Tried painting them but the paint keeps on cracking. Same on the fingers:

DSCN1454.jpg

DSCN1455.jpg

DSCN1461.jpg

DSCN1462.jpg

Last edited:
...and the fronthead Blade Runner sculpt I just painted, on my android hunter figure:

customhunter2.jpg

customhunter.jpg

customhunter3.jpg

You can curl the hair by using a handheld steamer very carefully. You would need to wrap the hair around something to make it curly while you steam it. I've worked with synthetic hair making dreads, hair extensions etc. You have to be super careful because you can easily melt the hair.

Deadpool (WIP!!)

Why no companies out there have done a high end 1/6 Deadpool yet escapes me, but once I saw this sculpt from Grey Death over on 1/6 Warriors it was inevitable; I had to make one.

But because of my inexperience with a lot of the materials and time constraints this guy has taken me months to put together. Just did so the other day so I thought I'd post some pics, although now I'm tempted to just start over and make a new one so I can erase a lot of my mistakes. For instance, I was using some fake leather scraps to do the ankle straps but since they were the wrong size they ended up sitting strange. Then the glue really mucked things up, so now I have to redo those and his choker as well. And I still need to get the swords to sit right.

Bulked up the body quite a bit using sculpty and made his feet using boots from a vinyl Jango Fett kit I had lying around. Magnetized the feet and used an electrical switch plate as the base, which I intended to cover in gaffing tape. But I didn't break off thick enough pieces of the magnet so he's not standing up quite as nice as I would have liked. Still, it's an idea worth exploring for all you customizers. I'm a big fan of poses and using stands so I'm probably going to try giving all my customs magnetized feet from now on.

The suit is from Triad. Had to repaint the entire thing though since it came in burgundy, not bright red like in their pics. And as you can see it unfortunately ripped right underneath the crotch while I was trying to remove some excess paint. However, I do have to say it stood up pretty well to the abuse I gave it and stretched really nicely. I was still learning how to use the fabric paint during this project. Guess unless I make a new one those tears will just have to be bullet grazes.

Put the straps together using some Dragon WWII stuff from Monkey Depot, and those pouches are custom painted. Still need to seal them and touch up the paint on the suit and give him a better belt buckle.

Check him out:

pool1.jpg

pool3.jpg

pool4.jpg

pool2.jpg

pool6.jpg

pool5.jpg

Last edited:
My Medicom Hannibal repaint. Nowhere near as good as cocoloboy's, but an improvement over the medicom paint job. I can't do eyes, so skipped those, but other than give me some feedback. Thanks.

hannibal.jpg

Back