Burton's Sleepy Hollow Collectibles, Do People Want Them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm just tossing and idea out there for curiousity, wondering if there's even a chance there'd be enough demand to support someone going after the license.

I've started decorating for Halloween and a staple for me are my McFarlane Headless Horseman figures from this movie.

As I look at the amazing detail of the costume, I can't help thinking how awesome a 1/6 Horseman and Ichabod Craine would be, or a PF Headless Horseman. No dios or statues though, McF serves that purpose well enough, I'd like to see actual cloth and other elements used in the costume, not sculpting.

So chime in whatever your thoughts are, curiousity's got me this morning.

Oddly enough, the fact that the line would be complete with 2-4 figures might be appealing to some since the maximum cost would be under $400.

I'd love it but I like my entertainment a little twisted.

I'd be down for a 1:6 Crane and a Headless Horseman (but they HAVE to make a horse to go with him). The Horseman's exclusive could be an interchangable Walken head!

How about a general Tim Burton line instead? That way we would not only get Sleepy Hollow, but other Burton films as well.

I would love a Burton line.

I would be all over a Burton line of 1/6 figures. Although a lot of them would be one-shot figures though.

But, I'm pretty sure I'd buy a Headless Horsemen... probably would pass on the horse though (too much room). But kit him out similar to the McFarlane figure (holding 2 severed heads) and I'd be a happy camper.

But for others Characters I'd buy in 1/6:
Edward Scissorhands
Pee Wee Herman
Beetlejuice

If not for Shawn and the Joker figures I'd need those as well. but '89 Batman is now covered for me.

HollowOLantern.jpg

OMG OMG OMG - MAULFAN!

The Headless Horseman was and still is my first love. A ghost dressed in black atop a fiery black stallion??? :drool
Ever since I was a little girl have I been passionate about this character.

Burton nailed the action and his beautiful visuals are perfect.
McFarlane's figures are great, but the stallion is too toy-like. (Mine are on display all year!)
And the Polar Lights kit too lame looking...

So... I, also, would love a Horseman PF... but a 1/6th with Steed would bring tears of joy to this woman's eyes!

losthead.jpg

Last edited:
How about a general Tim Burton line instead? That way we would not only get Sleepy Hollow, but other Burton films as well.

I would love a Burton line.

Does Burton work specifically with one studio and one production company? I'd imagine if not getting a master license for all of his stuff would be murder.

I'd be all over a HT or Enterbay 1/6 line. Medi or SS and I'll pass, although SS can make a prop replica set of his glasses from the film and I'd be ALL over it.

As much as I support Sideshow, done properly, I think the Horseman's costume may be out of their realm, as far as a 1/6, which is why I throw PF out there, that scale I'm sure they'd do alright with, but 1/6 Hot Toys could probably pull it off and given their body style, have a skull and Walken head swap out.

im humming the theme right now....

I enjoyed McF's take...but man, a 1:6 Hessian would be....(pun)...killer...blah.

I've wanted an Ichabod & a Hessian for some time now, there on my 'Customs to do' list, but the costuming work would be so difficult. So I'd be glad if a company could save me the work.....

Back