Best 12" Capt. Jack Sparrow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjam

Here on the Perimeter
Reaction score
What is the best sixth scale Jack out there?

So far the best I've seen is the Medicom DMC Sparrow coming out this fall.

84_1.jpg

The only other one out there that isn't a custom is the zizzle, which is a child's toy and priced and detailed accordingly.

Darklord Dave said:
The only other one out there that isn't a custom is the zizzle, which is a child's toy and priced and detailed accordingly.

Didn't neca do some Jacks?

NECA is releasing a Jack 12" figure, but it's just going to be the regular action figure in 1/6 scale. No real clothes or anything...

Is there a possibility of Takara or HT doing a version? I'm never sure how licensing works with import figures. After seeing the Superman and Batman figures they did, I'd be willing to wait if either one of them were to do a Captain Jack.

Collector Freak said:
NECA is releasing a Jack 12" figure, but it's just going to be the regular action figure in 1/6 scale. No real clothes or anything...

Then it sounds like Medicom will clean up unless we hear some announcements at SDCC, their DMC Jacks are already at 140 on ebay soon to be 175 I presume. It does look pretty damn good.

I pre-ordered mine at Alter Ego about a month ago and know they still have some for around 125 if anyone is interested, I doubt they'll last much longer...

I should I'm sure we'll see some pics of this fig soon from SDCC, Michael Crawford will probably post some too...

Darklord Dave said:

Okay, I do not think its fair to just classify the Zizzle 12 inch as a child's toy and toss it on the trash bin. I would love to find one for 20 bucks right now, but they do not stay on the shelves long enough. The face is a decent likeness and the outfit is well done. The only problems are the articulation (decent but nowhere near Sideshow/Medicom) and the boots are part of the sculpt. It may not be perfect, but it great for the cost and would look nice on a shelf. Take a look at Micheal Crawford's review:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_060206a.htm

P.S. Now that I look at those pics again from the review, I believe the facial sculpt on Zizzle is superior to Medicom. Medicom still wins in articulation and overall outfit.. but thats 140 vs. 20... I would settle for the 20 dollar fig :emperor

The zizzle is def best value but cannot compare to the outfit and detailing Medicom will have, this could be a huuuge hit for them IMO. I'll be very interested to see some SDCC display shots. As far as I know Medicom protos are very close to their prod pieces...

I've been tempted by Medicom's, but at 125 I could almost get the big fig from disney. The problem of course is where would I put either of them...

Medicom is definitely the best out there, but you'll certainly be paying for that title. I hope someone Stateside (Sideshow, maybe...:monkey3 ) would make them but so far it seems NECA (no poseablity) and Zizzle (meh) are the only games in town.

I figure at some point if no one else does one I'll track down a Medicom Jack... and for headsculpts the Medicom stuff usually looks better in person, at least that's been my experience, but still nowhere near as nice looking as Sideshow.

That is why I P.O.'d this baby, gonna be hard to beat this Medicom piece, I actually dig the sculpt and the outfit looks very nuts plus if anyone else does a 1/6 jack, it won't be released till 07...

Thanks for the pics lakehouse!

Last edited:
Yep, if I didn't have a Sovereign Sparrow I'd buy the Medicom in a heartbeat. I think the face looks great.

I do want the Zizzle one but just for the coat.

melvinpelayo said:
Agree. Have you seen the "skeleton" version though?

I don't know what that is, if you're talking about the second link you posted, I know that guy mojoebaby, does an amazing catwoman and lives here in SoCal. His Jack is really well done but the Medicom is still the best I've seen.

Back