EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akamonrg

Super Freak
Reaction score
Recently people received in stock or backordered sideshow products from US wharehouse with fedex.
Does it means sideshow will stop shipping from EU wharehouse or it will concern only in stock/backordered in futur and preorder will be send from EU wharehouse???

I was wonderig about this also. I received one of my orders from the US warehouse a couple of days ago, and, it had a friendly letter from Mr. Michael Tolentino, customer service manager. He said, that because space in the US warehouse is very limited, they won't be combining orders anymore, unless two orders would ship in the same week. So, why is SSC running out of space in the US warehouse? Is there a connection with the EU warehouse?
Also, there are more and more notices of this kind on selected product pages to be found recently:

"Attention EU Customers (Non-UK): Even though this item is not available to ship from the EU Warehouse, you can still order it via our US warehouse. Applicable VAT / Import Fees / Duties will be collected by the courier prior to delivery. If you have any questions regarding shipments to the European Union, please contact EU Customer Service."
What's up with that? Obviously, non UK customers will be getting their orders straight from the US?

If SSC won't be consolidating orders anymore, it's going to result in much higher costs for international customers. If so, it might be time to adjust to new collecting habits I think. It's fair to mention that SS will be enclosing $25 gift cards with every individually shipped order. But, at least in my case, that's in vain: practically all my orders are for Pre-order items, and we all know they are not eligible.

Not a very popular policy, SSC.

Last edited:
If it closes and we have to pay a ridiculus shipping cost AND deal with customs i would propably call it quits or atleast limit myself to a couple figures a year.

Shipping cost seems to be be the same, but I fear about fedex collecting VAT and import fees and duties.
With UK wharehouse VAT is only 15% with no other fees, with fedex I fear I have to paid 19.6% VAT and Fedex customs fees and other fedex file fees.
All we know fedex is not the cheapest way when sending package from US to EU

Cheapest is USPS,but with big items,like bust etc.. They don't even ship them overseas due to the large size.

Sorry square.

I'm not sure if the E.U. warehouse is closing but I do know it's not actually a warehouse, it's just a logistics company that take's the shipping from the state's to sort the package's over here (which is hardly any items are kept instock for the E.U.) backorder items are usually sent from the states (hence the long wait in receiving the product). So maybe it's that this company is having trouble or not keeping SSC happy.

Or maybe its SSC cutting cost by removing the services of the Logistics Company?

Afterall, with the economy in such a mess (I do not for once believe in the "green shoots" propoganda), I am quite sure almost every business is affected in one way or another. And that includes SSC. Their recent attempts to "off-load" many of their in-stock items at up to 50% off may be a sign that cash flow is becoming tight. But of course, I may be wrong. ;)

Or maybe its SSC cutting cost by removing the services of the Logistics Company?

Afterall, with the economy in such a mess (I do not for once believe in the "green shoots" propoganda), I am quite sure almost every business is affected in one way or another. And that includes SSC. Their recent attempts to "off-load" many of their in-stock items at up to 50% off may be a sign that cash flow is becoming tight. But of course, I may be wrong. ;)

Now that you mention the 50% off sale... Please people, take advantage of it, so there's more room in the warehouses!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=8073&utm_source=news-scroll

I just received another 'individually shipped order', but this time it came from the EU warehouse. This one didn't have a $25 gift card, so it safe to assume that only the individually shipped orders from the US warehouse to international customers will have the so much desired gift card. I wonder for how long SSC is going to keep that up, before they decide that 'policy changes are necessary' again.

First the flaking paint issues and now this?!?!? As if we weren't charged enough for shipping and VAT, now we will have to deal with customs??? If I ever have to deal with them, that will be my last order with Sideshow. Not a €!!!

i have backordered cim from us warehouse in about august flexpayed..in october they shipped it to the eu warehouse and then to me..i dont think it will close..at least i hope..

i have backordered cim from us warehouse in about august flexpayed..in october they shipped it to the eu warehouse and then to me..i dont think it will close..at least i hope..

It has already been confirmed. A customer here in Spain had a phone call with a rep and she was told about the matter. Very bad news

omg...then we are screwed....import fees will kill us...did they mention the reasion of closing??

She was told about easier tracking, shorter period of transit and all that crap...:rolleyes:

yeah...i know..will the shipping be via fedex again right???and what if the statue will be damaged in the import process???:banghead:bangheadalso,that's not good for us since vat was around 20% and now the import fees will be about 35%...right???

No. I guess the VAT rate varies per country but I have always been charged 15%. From now on I don't know.

If that's really the case, then there is no real reason to keep on ordering from SSC (except for the exclusives-items). Most other US retailers sell stuff cheaper then SCC!!!

Back