Darth Mauls and Adreth Beys and Things, Oh My!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
This trio of knuckleheads arrived this week...

Trio01.jpg

Trio02.jpg

Individual pictures to follow... :chew

Great pix cummins...really like the black & white....Thing looks awesome..I wish I could have gotten one of these....after the 1:1 Legend bust I really could'nt afford these...but they all look great!!

Lonnie your the Biggest Sideshow Collector this board has ever known !!!! And how many Premium Format you own? 40 ? And havent you ever said that you have also in your possession the SSE edition of the Son of Frankenstein 12'' limited to 10 worldwide ??? I would like to see pics of all your amazing collection one day....Man..no one comes close to you here.... Your kinda my Hero...:lol

Shaihulud said:
Lonnie your the Biggest Sideshow Collector this board has ever known !!!! And how many Premium Format you own? 40 ? And havent you ever said that you have also in your possession the SSE edition of the Son of Frankenstein 12'' limited to 10 worldwide ??? I would like to see pics of all your amazing collection one day....Man..no one comes close to you here.... Your kinda my Hero...:lol

Thank you for the praise, you are too kind! I wouldn't have this Sideshow collection if I didn't have a 30+ year non-sport trading card collection to liquidate! Kind of trading one hobby for another I guess...

Of course, my collecting goal is to one day have one of every piece Sideshow every produced! :rotfl

hairlesswookiee said:
thats awesome!!! man i bet your credit card was on fire. truly awesome.

Actually, I don't put anything on my CC; I use my debit card for direct Sideshow orders (mostly the exclusives) and have a wonderful, understanding and patient friendly neighborhood Sideshow dealer, Adam at Dark Shadow Collectibles!!!! If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have half the collection I have! Go buy stuff from him, you won't be sorry!!!! :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Man, the Thing bust looks sweet. Wish I could afford it.:monkey2 If what Shai says is true, then add me to the list of people who want to see your amazing collection one of these days.

carbo-fation said:
Man, the Thing bust looks sweet. Wish I could afford it.:monkey2 If what Shai says is true, then add me to the list of people who want to see your amazing collection one of these days.

Yes, everything he mentioned is true... I am working on setting up some displays at home soon. Right now, I display select pieces at my office at work, and rotate them every two or three months. As soon as the local IKEA is completed and open (2007 bummer!) I will probably get some display units for home and finally get some more stuff displayed. In the meantime, I am planning to take some pictures of some of the rarer items and once I do, I will post them on the board. But! It will probably take me a while, so don't expect it too soon! :lol

Shaihulud said:
... Your kinda my Hero...:lol

And just for the record, I have never been married and don't have any kids, so you guys and gals out there with significant others and /or kids, are my Heroes!!! I don't know how you manage to build a collection and support kids, etc. but my hat is off to all of you!!! At least I don't have to try and explain new boxes to some one... :rotfl

LOL! My wife gave up asking a long time ago. :lol Great looking pieces, and the best Darth Maul pic taken yet. Awesome! :maul

Mini-Rock said:
LOL! My wife gave up asking a long time ago. :lol Great looking pieces, and the best Darth Maul pic taken yet. Awesome! :maul

Thanks Rock. The Thing is actually a little bit paler orange than my pictures, but the Maul looks pretty close to "in person" although the red is a touch too bright. I am planning on getting a light tent and a couple of lights in a few months so I can take better pictures of my Sideshow pieces. It is very hard to get correct white balance with plain old indoor lighting! :maul

lcummins said:
Actually, I don't put anything on my CC; I use my debit card for direct Sideshow orders (mostly the exclusives) and have a wonderful, understanding and patient friendly neighborhood Sideshow dealer, Adam at Dark Shadow Collectibles!!!! If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have half the collection I have! Go buy stuff from him, you won't be sorry!!!! :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Adam is great. He's got great deals going on right now if you missed his mega sale a few weeks ago.

Lonnie, those pics look great! I'm partial to The Bey myself, of course, because I think that one is far and away the most awesome of all the busts (having said that, I confess Bey is the ONLY 1:1 bust I own!)

I think the next Austin SS Nuts meeting needs to be at YOUR house! (Or maybe your office, where ever you've got most of your "goods" on display!) :lol :D :wave

Wow!!! Ardeth Bay has to be one of the vey best busts they ever did next to the Predator and Darkness! Stunning !!!!! Maul looks great too (minus the mediocore eyes)

Back