1/6 Beatles Guitars, Drums, etc..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hofners

New reply from unclefat.

Seems now we can order these if someone wants to organize this. My ONLY concern is that these will be the same as mine which is too big. I think we're gonna need Mike's help on this.

You can group together the total quantity and tell me how many of 6.75" Hoffner guitar(normally comes with metal guitar stand and black hard case). Then, I will send invoice through Paypal with 30% deposit for the special order as confirmation. Balance will be paid on delivery. Hoffner guitar can be checked for reference in my e-bay store ornaments. If there is any more questions, please feel free to e-mail to me again.

Best regards,
Unclefat

I tried getting some miniature guitar sellers to buy this one:

https://www.tootoo.com/d-p9774541-Miniature_Guitar_Beatles_Set_left_Handed_Hoffner_Bass_Guitar/

It's made by the same company Probadisk that made the drum set but so far no luck?

Mike

I wrote unclefat and told him this is the one we want, looks more to size than the one I have.

aaapmhof.jpg

Last edited:
That Hofner from Probadisk is about 6.5 to 7 inches according to the seller descriptions. Either way, it's close enough to 1/6 scale.

PJAM, how long is the Store-Rooms version anyway? And, how wide is the widest part of the body?

For guitars, it's the width that seems to throw things off scale wise. For a true 1/6 scale Hofner the length would be 6 1/3 inches long and 1 2/3 inches wide based on the measurements of that guitar and reference pics of Paul's Hofner posted on the web.

So, a guitar about 7 inches long and 1 3/4 inches wide would still look about right even if it were a bit longer. It's a visual problem that scale modeler's used to run into and make adjustments so the smaller scale looked right. Nowadays, most ignore that but those models or dioramas make it easier to tell that that's a model...

A prime example of this is the RIC. It looks right but the 325 Capri should be 5 3/4 inches long but looks fine at 6 3/4 inches because the body width is about the right size scale wise (about 2 1/8 inches in a true 1/6) and the longer fret on the uncle fat RIC looks even better by making the guitar look thinner than a shorter true to scale fret would.

If you take a look at the films HELP and A Hard day's night, the guitars all look to be the same length. But, if you take a close look George's guitar is wider than John's which is wider than Paul's. If you look at the Store-Rooms' version George's guitar is slightly wider than John's but Paul's looks just as wide as John's.

I did some measurements on a 1/6 home made RIC body, Hofner body and a Resaurus Epiphone BB King Lucille (about 7 inches long and 3 inches wide) and they look right scale wise as does the Les Paul (I got it off ebay from one sixth toys). But, the RIC and Hofner look more like the things they played when a longer fret piece is used.

Mike

The one I have from store-rooms is 7 inches long and 2 1/4 inches widest at the bottom. The length is fine, width waay off. :D

We need to check into this. Anyone willing to talk to probadisk?

The one I have from store-rooms is 7 inches long and 2 1/4 inches widest at the bottom. The length is fine, width waay off. :D

We need to check into this. Anyone willing to talk to probadisk?

So, the store-rooms version needs to be shaved about a good half inch? That wouldn't be too bad if it were made of wood.

I emailed probadisk and I'll see if they reply...

I might purchase one of those myself. I've hit a snag building my mini guitars. I can't figure out a good way to put strings on them, yet. For technical reasons (re: lack of machinery to make small gouges) I can't use the fret bar like the ones found on the Store Rooms, Uncle Fat, etc.

Mike

I just measured the string holder bar on my store-rooms Hof and it measures 1/2 inch, so based on that and looking at the probadisk bar which is prolly very close as they both hold 4 strings, it seems the probadisk width width is less than 2 1/4 inches. And they are different than the Store-rooms Hof so there is hope.

Latest from unclefat,

Regarding the width of 6.75" Hoffner guitar, I can't have the exact measurement to tell you at this point. All our replicas are made according to the real size in proportional length and width.

Best regards,
Unclefat

So, we're gonna need to hear back from probadisk.

GUESS WHAT!

aaapmhof.jpg

I just measured the above probadisk Guitar on my screen and it was 6.8 inches long and 1.75 inches wide!

I think this is the one, Guys!

Someone please confirm these measurements and I think we'll be good to go.

Last edited:
So far, no word from Probadisk. A couple months ago, I asked Thomas at artstudio about ordering the Probadisk guitar. And, I haven't heard a word.

But, if unclefat can get this then this guitar's the one to get. In fact if he posts these on his site or on ebay I'd buy three of them! I printed it out and compared it to various MacCa Hof pics I have. I used this three view pic especially:

https://sharemyguitar.com/blog/the-beatles-guitar-heroes-17-paul-mccartneys-63-hofner-5001-bass/

And that Probadisk guitar is real close. The main problem with it is the rectangular control panel. On the Hofner basses during the 60s, the 5001 had the two big control knobs on the outside and three small switches on the inside. But even if it's longer by almost a 1/2 inch, it looks right...

So, until Hot Toys or Jakks Pacific makes one, this is the one to get for a Beatles VIOLIN Bass. The store-rooms one is pretty close to scale for the Gibson VIOLA Bass which would be about 2 1/3" in true 1/6 scale (take the measured dimension and divide by 6). So, that's not a loss for a miniature musical instrument collector...

Mike

Alright then. Let's make a list here and I'll figure things out with unclefat.

Here is what he said earlier. I'm hoping we can send him funds direct instead of involving one of us as a Middle Man.

You can group together the total quantity and tell me how many of 6.75" Hoffner guitar(normally comes with metal guitar stand and black hard case). Then, I will send invoice through Paypal with 30% deposit for the special order as confirmation. Balance will be paid on delivery. Hoffner guitar can be checked for reference in my e-bay store ornaments. If there is any more questions, please feel free to e-mail to me again.

Best regards,
Unclefat

So, I'll start it off.

Probadisk Hofner Bass Order List

1 -pjam 2 Pieces
2 - Mike 1-3
3- siquisiri 1
4- wilanlil 1
5- thecapn 1
6 - yodasan 1
7 - Star Puffs 2

Last edited:
Well, you can put me down for three if they're the same price as the other 6.75" guitars. If not then 1 until I get the pricing down.

Mike

Heard back from unclefat: Seems this is the only way to do this so we will need someone to volunteer. I have too much stuff going on but if someone wants to collect the 30% depo and send it to him we can finally get the Hofs we need. I asked him to get us a price.

Who wants to do this?

Hi PJ,
Instead of one by one to ask for deposit as confirmation of Hoffner guitar order, I would suggest to bill you through Paypal for deposit 10 pcs. only (as confirmation of order), I charge the balance when shipment is ready to send to you or individually.

Best regards,
Unclefat

I can't do it because my connection is too slow and I don't know how to use PayPal. It sounds like there's a minimum order of 10 guitars. How much is one guitar and how much is the deposit and the shipping costs?

Mike

Back