1:6 scale Wampa (Star Wars) and Ice Cave Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceCrawler

Super Freak
Reaction score
Posted this in the Star Wars customs section, thought I'd post it here too. Also, making an environment for him, also posted here.

Original base figure used for the body (on left):
DSC_1565.jpg

Final figure near completion (pardon the messy fur). Fully articulated, jaws open and close, and it also has a sound device in it's side that plays the Wampa roar at the press of a button:
wampa2.jpg

Ice cave environment being made:
cave1.jpg

Sean

Brilliant and SO cold. <__<'
The base-doll really kicks some $h1t out of me, very creepy; I'm glad that in the end it transformed into something nice and friendly. :D

Last edited:
!!!_O__M__G_!!!
I need to know how you're doing the snow and all those crystal glitters... ><
Looks so real! Respect, man.

!!!_O__M__G_!!!
I need to know how you're doing the snow and all those crystal glitters... ><
Looks so real! Respect, man.

Thanks. It's fairly simple actually but the effect does look pretty real. Remembering growing up in New England, and the snow and ice storms we had, I had a lot to draw on in regard to making it look somewhat realistic. The finished surface is just Ultracal (like plaster). I did a smooth finish over the whole thing, then when dry I stippled some wet Ultracal over it with a coarse crush to give texture to certain areas (the water gets quickly sucked into the dry Ultarcal and leaves a nice "snow" like texture). Then I just got this really ultra-fine all white glitter or clear (important, it can't be iridescent or anything) and glued that over different areas, just trying to make it look as natural as possible. All that is best seen in this shot:

2-1.jpg

Sean

Back