A very very unhappy Sideshow customer!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

show73

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Customer Service I think not! Just have to vent to my fellow FREAKS!

My little brother does not have a credit card, was not a problem before as I would just order 2 of whatever we both wanted. Then the one per person per household came in (fair enough). I Can't order 2 anymore so we start up an account under my Mom's name and Han Solo Exc. came up north. Mom even told the Customer service rep that her son was ordering for her. Never had a problem since. Even ordered a Luke 1/4 Scale Exc. by phone and was not a problem.

My Gray Hulk appears and a couple of buddies (who ordered after my brothers BTW) both appear but still no Gray for my Bro. He gets an email saying it was oversold, so sorry, here is a $75 credit.

So anyways little Bro calls Dawn and tells her again that this is under Moms account, she says "we should close this account" but if you send in a signed letter from your Mom with photo ID saying she authorizes you to use her card it will be fine. (Thought this was already taken care of this over the phone but OK he will just mail it in to her).

An email comes in offering to put a order in for the Gray PF and apply the credit to the order, He does not like it and is not into reselling (which) he was accused of later by Dawn. If we wanted to "bypass" the system (in her own words) why on earth would he not take her up on her offer. Or why did I not order one? Neither of us LIKE the piece. It would be a sure money maker but he said he was not interested.

An email comes in now saying that the account is being closed because of Idendity theft (after verification by phone, and a letter which was going to be sent). My brother is obviously crushed at being royally jerked out of a Gray Hulk and then losing his $75 Credit. Dawn then goes on to tell my Brother that MY OWN PERSONAL account is now going to be closed.

Imagine my horror when I come home from work to hear this garbage. I phone up Sideshow to speak to Dawn's Supervisor but apparently she is the Highest Customer Service Rep they have. This is when I am told that I have to mail in Photocopies of my License and Credit card with my Signature. Tell me that is not a great way of handing over my Identity that they claim to be looking out for.

One big huge mistake on Sideshows part by overselling the biggest Grail piece (in my opinion of course) snowballed into all of this. How do we as customers following Sideshows own Rules even remotely deserve to be treated this way.

Dawn and Erin at Sideshow no nothing about customer service at all!
I tried to stay out of my little brothers business but could not help myself when they flagged my account and told me I have to send in photo ID to verify my own account.

Erin even went so far as to laugh at my frustration over the mishandling and rude treatment my brother recieved at Dawn's hand.

Erin told me a bold face LIE that even contradicted what Dawn told my brother. That the orders are shipped out in the order they were recieved, this is impossible as we both watched the low quantity alert onscreen for over 20 minutes.

What happens when you phone to voice your frustration - they threaten to cancel your account and then flag your Brothers as well.

How is this customer service?? Why lie to me?? Any problems I have had in the past were SO WELL taken care of by Sideshow, but this hostile attitude towards a loyal customer is just crazy!!

They also told my Brother that if he posted any of this info on the message boards that he would be banned from those as well.

I am not scared of their strong arming and threats I have to tell their customers what their so called Customer Service is REALLY like.

Lets see how long this will stay up before being pulled!

Yours 100% truly - A very unhappy show73

I'm sorry to hear this news but from my perspective the SSC CS is one of the best in the world and the reps have always been gratious, patient, understanding and supportive of my needs.

pjam said:
I'm sorry to hear this news but from my perspective the SSC CS is one of the best in the world and the reps have always been gratious, patient, understanding and supportive of my needs.

Same with me that is why I am soooooooo frustrated and confused.

show73 said:
....Lets see how long this will stay up before being pulled!

Not sure what that is supposed mean? There are plenty of threads that are critical of SSC here. Hope everything works out for you. :cool:

pixletwin said:
Not sure what that is supposed mean? There are plenty of threads that are critical of SSC here. Hope everything works out for you. :cool:

He was told NOT to post this ordeal on the freaks board. That's why he said it might get pulled by Sideshow.

pixletwin said:

This means that Sideshow threatened that any post on the message board regarding this "situation" would result in my personal account and my message board account both being cancelled.

show73 said:
This means that Sideshow threatened that any post on the message board regarding this "situation" would result in my personal account and my message board account both being cancelled.
I understand you are mad, but that is weird thinking. I am not sure what gave you the impression that would even happen.

Personally I think it is pretty awesome that they gave you a $75 credit. Here are people with real problems. https://archmemory.blogspot.com

I am not in anyway trying to attack you, so don't take it that way. Just be thankful for the $75 and for this awesome board that lets you vent (I have never heard of any thread being deleted because they complain about Sideshow). :D

My Gray Hulk appears and a couple of buddies (who ordered after my brothers BTW) both appear but still no Gray for my Bro. He gets an email saying it was oversold, so sorry, here is a $75 credit.

So anyways little Bro calls Dawn and tells her again that this is under Moms account, she says "we should close this account" but if you send in a signed letter from your Mom with photo ID saying she authorizes you to use her card it will be fine. (Thought this was already taken care of this over the phone but OK he will just mail it in to her).

An email comes in offering to put a order in for the Gray PF and apply the credit to the order, He does not like it and is not into reselling (which) he was accused of later by Dawn. If we wanted to "bypass" the system (in her own words) why on earth would he not take her up on her offer. Or why did I not order one? Neither of us LIKE the piece. It would be a sure money maker but he said he was not interested.

An email comes in now saying that the account is being closed because of Idendity theft (after verification by phone, and a letter which was going to be sent). My brother is obviously crushed at being royally jerked out of a Gray Hulk and then losing his $75 Credit. Dawn then goes on to tell my Brother that MY OWN PERSONAL account is now going to be closed.

Imagine my horror when I come home from work to hear this garbage. I phone up Sideshow to speak to Dawn's Supervisor but apparently she is the Highest Customer Service Rep they have. This is when I am told that I have to mail in Photocopies of my License and Credit card with my Signature. Tell me that is not a great way of handing over my Identity that they claim to be looking out for.

One big huge mistake on Sideshows part by overselling the biggest Grail piece (in my opinion of course) snowballed into all of this. How do we as customers following Sideshows own Rules even remotely deserve to be treated this way.

Dawn and Erin at Sideshow no nothing about customer service at all!
I tried to stay out of my little brothers business but could not help myself when they flagged my account and told me I have to send in photo ID to verify my own account.

Erin even went so far as to laugh at my frustration over the mishandling and rude treatment my brother recieved at Dawn's hand.

Erin told me a bold face LIE that even contradicted what Dawn told my brother. That the orders are shipped out in the order they were recieved, this is impossible as we both watched the low quantity alert onscreen for over 20 minutes.

What happens when you phone to voice your frustration - they threaten to cancel your account and then flag your Brothers as well.

How is this customer service?? Why lie to me?? Any problems I have had in the past were SO WELL taken care of by Sideshow, but this hostile attitude towards a loyal customer is just crazy!!

They also told my Brother that if he posted any of this info on the message boards that he would be banned from those as well.

I am not scared of their strong arming and threats I have to tell their customers what their so called Customer Service is REALLY like.

Lets see how long this will stay up before being pulled!

it was sold out in 2 minutes...the gray hulk today that is.
you couldn't have watched it for 20 minutes while it was selling out.
if im misunderstanding you i apologies in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, like everyone else on the board, cannot confess to know ANYTHING about this situation, but I'm thinking that if you were to post detailed account information (order numbers, credit cards, names, etc) that it would be deleted at that point... perhaps that is what they meant? :confused:

As far as I know(and I could be wrong), SSC and the Freaks board are two separate entities that don't have control over each other. I don't believe Sideshow has the power to delete your thread... only the Freaks mods do.

That being said, I know there have been a few complaints about SS customer service in the past, but I believe that such specific problems such as yours should be handled between the parties involved and not aired in a public forum.

I'm not taking sides in this matter, but I hope it gets straightened out for you.

SideshowDusty said:
I, like everyone else on the board, cannot confess to know ANYTHING about this situation, but I'm thinking that if you were to post detailed account information (order numbers, credit cards, names, etc) that it would be deleted at that point... perhaps that is what they meant? :confused:
hi dusty...:inlove

No I am referring to the VS piece, not that new PF - sorry that was not clear.
I am happy for everyone that got one, just not to my liking personally. Like I said he was offered to skip the line to get the PF one automatically but declined because he did not like the PF piece, quite the opposite actions of a accused profiteer methinks.

I too have had no probs from SS's CS.

but I too think that if this story is accurate, thats pretty "beat up" (is that term still hip?)
slightly in their defense. Theyve gotta have to deal with scammers/flippers trying to pull fast ones on them everyday. So it wouldnt surprise me if you were mastaken as someone trying to pull a fast one on them.

best of luck to you either way :duff

occulum said:

but I too think that if this story is accurate, thats pretty "beat up" (is that term still hip?)
slightly in their defense. Theyve gotta have to deal with scammers/flippers trying to pull fast ones on them everyday. So it wouldnt surprise me if you were mastaken as someone trying to pull a fast one on them.

occulum, I don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but that banner of yours is highly offensive to gay dolphins.

Batty said:
As far as I know(and I could be wrong), SSC and the Freaks board are two separate entities that don't have control over each other. I don't believe Sideshow has the power to delete your thread... only the Freaks mods do.

That being said, I know there have been a few complaints about SS customer service in the past, but I believe that such specific problems such as yours should be handled between the parties involved and not aired in a public forum.

I'm not taking sides in this matter, but I hope it gets straightened out for you.

How can it be handled between just the parties involved if they just strongarm you and cancel your account? That is my whole point for posting. Sideshow is willing to nothing for either one of us. Not only did my brother get rooked on his Gray Hulk VS piece he then lost his $75 credit when he said he was not interested in an advanced order for the Gray PF piece the next event to happen was the cancellation of the account and accusations of Identity theft and profiteering. How is he profitting if he does not take a "free" order in advance of the lineup to get one?

pixletwin said:
I understand you are mad, but that is weird thinking. I am not sure what gave you the impression that would even happen.

Personally I think it is pretty awesome that they gave you a $75 credit. Here are people with real problems. https://archmemory.blogspot.com

I am not in anyway trying to attack you, so don't take it that way. Just be thankful for the $75 and for this awesome board that lets you vent (I have never heard of any thread being deleted because they complain about Sideshow). :D

Trust me I am not comparing getting screwed out of a collectible with real problems but would you just bend over and take it without letting fellow Freaks know what happened. Not me.

The $75 was great but that was taken away when he said he did not want an advanced order for the Gray PF piece. The whole point is what they hell happened to set off a CS rep to blackball a whole family when she is called out on her mistake. Seems a little extreme don't you think?

Last edited:
occulum said:

I agree, why would a flipper turn down an opportunity for an easy flip then?
He could have had the Gray PF if he wanted it, but instead one of you guys got it.

Bodie The Cursed said:
I have always been offered exemplary service from sideshow CS.

I used to belong to that club Bodie, wish I never lost my membership card.

Back