Will you buy the eventual 1/4 Indy figure ? *speculation thread*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAB

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yes this is speculation ....I thought I'd make it clear in the title so people didn't immediatley faint :D
And since the Indy forum doesn't have a lot of news compared to other areas, I though this would be fun to discuss.

Hot Toys and Enterbay are now in a race to see who can gobble up and release all the 1/4 icons first.

Terminator (both companies), Batman (both companies and HT is doing Returns as well), EB is doing Rambo, Rocky, Fist of Fury Bruce Lee, etc...

Hot Toys got caught on the back foot here by Enterbay changing the game but they are rapidly catching up now and you can guarantee both companies are chasing 1/4 licenses ...or just using what they already have (surprised HT haven't announced 1/4 Iron Man already...)

They'll get to Star Wars and Indiana Jones soon enough.

So what do you want included with your 1/4 Indy ?

And what are you willing to pay?!

Based on whats currently being charged, I think by the time they get to him we'll be looking in the range of $420 to $450.

Would you like him to be from one movie or represent everything?
...which is what Hot Toys seem to be doing with their Batman.

Personally I'd love a general iconic Indy (complete with accesssories from all the movies) and not worry about being 100% accurate to any specific movie. I'd love a Last Crusade era sculpt as well, simply because we haven't really seen that.

Thoughts ? :wave

Yeah I would buy an Indy 1/4 scale figure, depending on quality and material they use.

Already bought it. Didn't notice if it had HT logo on the box though.

jones3.jpg

1/4 scale Action Figures should be consigned to the history books. It's been empirically determined that the format is gimmicky, too expensive, too big for average cabinets unless posed crouched, and...gimmicky. You can bash next to nothing with these lanky monstrosities. And you can't afford them anyway.

There is only a need for one Action Figure format--the GI Joe Format.
:mummy:mummy:mummy:mummy

While I agree for the most part with everything Fangs said, I don't know if I would be able to resist a 1:4 scale Indy. :monkey5

Doubtful. Sideshow has done a very good job with Indy 1:4, which is why I have all three plus the 1:4 Ark. But I really hope they start doing 1:4 Star Wars starting with farmboy Luke, Ep 1 Han, and Leia. I'd swap out my PFs in a heartbeat. I'd also like to see Vader, Lando, etc. HT 1:4 scale Star Wars would absolutely kill.

Most likely no, and it'd be the price driving that decision. When a 1:4 scale articulated figure would be more expensive than any of the Indy PFs I've bought, and if history repeats itself, wouldn't look half as good as my statues, then there's no incentive to spend that kind of money. The PFs do just fine filling my needs. The only one I'd seriously consider would be TLC and that's because Sideshow failed to gives us a TLC Indy.

I'd totally get it if they use good materials. Like real leather jacket, or real material for the hat and not just some sculpted plastic. Painted eyes will be just fine.

All assuming it comes with a kick ass HS.

For my 1/4 collection, it will only be for the essentials, and Indy is definetly ESSENTIAL.

I'd consider it, if it was REALLY amazing. But it would have to be more amazing than my 1/6 Indy. My 1/6 Indy has a tonne of accessories AND a City of Tanis. That's what they'd be up against.

I enjoy the 1:4 format in the form of the Premium Formats, maquettes, and the NECA Predators. I am looking forward to the HT Batman release, but I won't buy it. I am just curious to see the quality, and hot it holds up. If Indy was done right, I would be game for sure.

If the likeness was spot on and the outfit was based on Last Crusade then I'd bite, as that's the only one missing from my Indy 1/4 collection.

Any other Indy look (Raiders/ToD) would have to be pretty amazing for me to jump on board, as I'm pretty content with my pf's.

I actually like the Hot Toys Indy DX just because of some of the inconic positions you can put him in. Specifically the figure and the whip easily hold a 'whipping action' (over head whip coiling dynamically behind him)

I would love to see an awesome gigantic 1/4 Indy on my shelf in that pose!

I actually like the Hot Toys Indy DX just because of some of the inconic positions you can put him in. Specifically the figure and the whip easily hold a 'whipping action' (over head whip coiling dynamically behind him)

I would love to see an awesome gigantic 1/4 Indy on my shelf in that pose!

Sort like a giant Na'vi adventurer looming over the little 1/6 dude.

Love my SS Indy PF, but that's not to say I wouldn't like to see a Hot Toys 1/4 version. The 1/6 Indy didn't look like Ford very much, but the 1/4 Batman is dead on Bale.

Back