Is it still worth it? (prices and tax).

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sniper_Nolight

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure where this post belongs.

Just got my fedex bill. The item this time is the Predator statue. OK statue, but not perfect or mindblowing in any sense.

Here's the numbers in US dollars:

Statue - 299.99
Shipping - 67.69
Fedex bill for tax - 153.36 (over half of the price of the statue, did they raise the prices?!).

This is in Denmark.

I can live with this if every piece is flawless, but they are not these days :(

Having just received the Ringwraith and Isaac Clarke on his way this is getting out of my price range (That's 3 fedex bills this month).

Seriously thinking of cancelling everything but Batman... this is pissing me off.

I payed shipping, but on the fedex bill there's also some transport price included... i don't understand these numbers. am I paying shipping twice or how the hell do they come up with these outrageous prices.

This is not fun anymore.

I think I've reached my limit. This is getting out of hand.

Fu** you SS, fu** you very much for closing your european warehouse.

Just needed to vent off - i'm sorry.

Technically it's not ssc fault but where you live. Just buy locally of don't buy at all. Though, i don't know how people to outside North America can afford this hobby.

Though, i don't know how people to outside North America can afford this hobby.
Yeah, if I had to pay those kinds of fees I most likely would not collect statues at all, and may have some real limits on how much 1/6 scale stuff I purchased as well. Those prices are outrageous, and then you've sometimes got customs on top of that?

Technically it's not ssc fault but where you live. Just buy locally of don't buy at all. Though, i don't know how people to outside North America can afford this hobby.

so do u mean we should quit this hobby :dunno

Yeah, if I had to pay those kinds of fees I most likely would not collect statues at all, and may have some real limits on how much 1/6 scale stuff I purchased as well. Those prices are outrageous, and then you've sometimes got customs on top of that?

That is why buyers outside of the USA ask sellers to mark items as gifts at lower prices. In my experience, if a seller marks an item as gift with a value of under $60, I won't get taxed and customs doesn't get itchy fingers and open up the parcel. For sellers unwilling to ship to Canada, I have a US PO Box...but that works for me as I am a 30 min drive from NY state. But I still get nervous crossing the border with my "$50" Hot Toys DX02 LOL.

Yeah I really don't know,how can people can afford outside the US,some people pays 2x sometimes close to 3x what we pay here.Can you imagine paying $800.00 for a PF ?

Yeah I really don't know,how can people can afford outside the US,some people pays 2x sometimes close to 3x what we pay here.Can you imagine paying $800.00 for a PF ?

I definitely would not be buying statues if j have to pay 2-3x retail price.

That's nice.

Close thread.

So no opinion or other input? - k thanks.

It's just the first time the price has been this high. I've bought other 300$ statues but the fedex fee was a lot lower. I can't figure the system out. With these prices not many can afford it. and the double transport is puzzling me and i will call monday to atleast know how the prices work.

No customs on top, thats the final result.

also why my limit is 250-350$ but that may have to change now :)

Anyhoo. Thanks for your input. I know i'm not the only one 'crying' over this ;)

It's possible FedEx made a mistake and charged an extra tariff tax. My first direct ssc statue, I noticed there was an extra 6.5% tax added to my already GST & PST (taxes). You may need to contact ssc on the breakdown. They might have made a mistake with the harmonized code.

It's possible FedEx made a mistake and charged an extra tariff tax. My first direct ssc statue, I noticed there was an extra 6.5% tax added to my already GST & PST (taxes). You may need to contact ssc on the breakdown. They might have made a mistake with the harmonized code.

yes. ill call them atleast. For once theres 2x transport of sorts and some handling fee on the danish side which to me looks like some penalty for paying late (dont know english words for this situation). :)

recently bought Dutch PF Ex retail cost 349$+70$Shipping+105$ Customs= total costed me 524$......

i can afford to buy old grail statues at ridiculous price like 1200$-1500$ But most of the seller wont ship internationally because of dimensions of the box & even they ship i have to pay 40% customs for it. thats why we ask for lower value & after that statue came damage then ..........:panic:
So better option is to be selective & buy direct from SS

only one solution, No ex, open Es... :dunno,
no ex so we can buy cheaper from retailers, and by declaring low maybe avoid customs,
open ES , could result maybe in lower prices :rotfl

i can afford to buy old grail statues at ridiculous price like 1200$-1500$ But most of the seller wont ship internationally because of dimensions of the box & even they ship i have to pay 40% customs for it. thats why we ask for lower value & after that statue came damage then ..........:panic:
So better option is to be selective & buy direct from SS

agree:goodpost:

ive bought a ringwraith on steed from an american fella, who i finally persuaded to sell to me (he was reluctant, because of damage, so a VERY nice man).
It cost me 540$. Doing that now would ruin me, so it's SS only for me and even that is seriously draining me. :D

Back