SW VS. LOTR #1- Han Solo VS. Aragorn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Han Solo or Aragorn?

• Han Solo

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • Aragorn

Votes: 81 66.9%

• Total voters

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
OK everybody, here's my plan. Every Saturday night between now and the end of the year, I will be posting a poll offering you a choice between a Star Wars character and a character from the Lord of the Rings movies. To be fair, I didn't post this in either the SW or LOTR forums, but rather the general movie discussion so it doesn't seem partial. Please vote for your preferred character, and leave a comment or two about why you chose who you chose. At the end of the fifteen weeks, I will tally up the scores for each side and we shall see which trilogy has the more memorable, popular and endearing characters. I have each of the 15 polls already prepared, and I hope that it will be somewhat fun to see who comes up each week. So here we go!!

I am going with Han. He has more attitude and is a lot of fun to watch when he is on the screen (at least in the first two movies). However, this was a tough choice. Aragorn's character develops and grows stronger and more interesting as the trilogy progresses, while the Han Solo of ROTJ is pretty bland. But his presence in the first two makes up for it.

Are we limited to the interpretation of the characters from the LOTR movies, or can we consider the book versions? Because, based solely on the movie version of Aragorn, I would probably pick Han. But if I compare the book version of Aragorn with the film version of Han, there isn't even a contest. Aragorn would be my favorite, hands down.

I'm all about Solo, Don't get me wrong, Aragorn being the king and all, leader of man... thats all good. But seriously, its Han freakin' Solo... not contest!

Han for me. He was my favorite character from the SW trilogy as a kid and he still is.

That's right Krusader, show love for the only scoundrel who's head the Kurgan would not free from its body!!!

I am going with aragorn, because like the f'n Kurgan he fights with a sword not some uncivilized blaster.

Han may be a pimp, but Aragorn can slash them necks. So my vote is for the barbaric Aragorn.

TOE said:
Han may be a pimp, but Aragorn can slash them necks. So my vote is for the barbaric Aragorn.
The Kurgan would be proud of how Aragorn dispatched an unfortunate uruk named Lurtz.

come on its got to be Han

Hes got so much on his plate its amazing hes alive

Bounty hunters always after him (greedo, boba, etc)

Best friends a wookie??

Jabba wants him dead

Vader wants him dead

Caught up in a war he didnt want to be in

great stuff

It's gotta be Han if not that he's a much more interesting character than simply because he was played Harrison Ford of the 1980's. 'Nuff said.

Great idea Tom. Though most of these are going to be like choosing a favorite child.

Got to go with Elessar. No slight to Han, he's one of the greatest characters in the SW universe. But Aragorn is the man. He fought, Orcs, Uruks, Ring Wraiths, Watcher's from the Water, Cave Troll, Armored Trolls, the Dead, and the temptation of the Ring. Nuff said.

I'd have to go with my man Aragorn.... As much as I love Han, Aragorn would find a way to take him out. Han is lucky and he's ****y, but Aragorn is cunning and would not give up until Han's head was seperated from his body.

:aragorn FOR GONDOR!!! :aragorn

Back