Asmus Toys : Night Guard production dairy...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AD Artwork

Super Freak
Reaction score
Honestly,
we didn't like what happened in the photos shooting.

So, we will just take the easy way, share the photos from which we took during production.

Hopefully, you can see what we are trying to do to improve the HS over all these time...

Asmus Toys

This is the sample we got back from factory in early April.

The left one is the sample we did to show the factory, exampling the skin texture we want.

Int he middle is what they did for us...

On the right, well, its a T-1000 by Hot Toys.

644721_10151334048301968_1507756345_n.jpg

T1000 looks displeased to be in the shot. Great work, the painted hairline brings It down a bit as it throwing the proportions out slightly

When the tablet was mass produced, we designed to be done in ABS plastic.
but some how, it just doesn't look right...

230107i6f8g8uzulk8sgg4.jpg

We want the accessories to be more diverse, it must have a good value of its own,
and mustn't be like the way it is right now, a piece of plastic...

Then someone came up "why don't we use die-cast medal instead?"
so in spite of the production of plastic tablets were already made, we opened up another production just for the metallic tablet.

225918jluwr6bu0ub86uu9.jpg

225921htf01wcfcgttq2cf.jpg

The problem with metal piece, it that we cannot mass produced the engravings, because the carves are too fine to be made into molds.
to solve that, we have to print the patterns on instead. It is a production value we must sacrifice, because metallic tablet does have so much better quality than the cheap plastic one.

Then it comes a second problem, the color of the metal itself is too "boring", it is just gold and has no depth. To improve that, we painted the tablet with a coat of transparent brown, this will brings out the aging, and the natural look of a golden piece of slab.

225923yaziz68bx6rrbbtd.jpg

(Left: Plain metal tablet MID: Painted tablet RIGHT:plastic tablet)

So that's how we upgrade our tablet into actual metallic tablet!

One more thing that remain, its how we deal with the eliminated plastic tablets?
I guess don't be surprised if your box contains 2 tablets ~

Last edited:
Ok, that unpainted one looks spot on-no tweeks needed. The painted looks "special".

I agree, the unpainted sculpt is perfect. The eyebrows on the painted version ruins the likeness. I hope the painting improves as that sculpt is great.

Wow great to see how much effort goes into this and that you don't stop when you're not 100% satisfied :)
That figure for 99$ incl free shipping is a great deal! I haven't seen the movie yet though...

Roger that,
I will pass you guys' opinion on,
and see if we can fix that damn eyebrow before it is packed in!!

I preordered this, I hope the eyebrows get fixed! Everything is perfect except the paint job. Thanks for listening to the collectors:clap

I've only recently heard of Asmus Toys, but what made you guys choose Night at the Museum?

I wish you guys the best of luck... But maybe something like Tropic Thunder? :)

Back