Hot Toys Spider-Man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman5

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was thinking today about last summer with all of the different Supermen and Batmen figures from Medicom, Hot Toys and Takara and well that got me thinking. Could Hot Toys come out of the woodwork and show up with Spider-Man 3 products. While I love the images of the Medi figures I would be hard pressed to not think about getting a HT Spidey.

What do you guys think?

Could they do that, or would they have licensing issues with Sony/Columbia/Marvel?

If they could snag a license, it would be cool to see what they could produce!

I say the more the merrier. Competition fuels improvment. Not that I think Medis Spideys are bad, I'm getting Spidey, but hey I'd like to see more!

i agree the more the merrier. i cant get enough super poseable high quality spiderman figures

I'd love to see Hot Toys or Takara or any of the other high end companies get their hands on a Spider-Man license.

But to be honest I'd be more excited to see a line of 5" Spider-Man figures that are produced with adults in mind.

Some of the figures from Origins like Doc Ock and the Lizard weren't bad, but why the hell did Symbiote Spidey come with a handglider? We need a Marvel Legends style Spidey line.

Now Hasbro have got the license though, I don't hold out much hope of ever getting one.

Hell yeah! HT did an admirable job on Batman and Supes, and there's ALWAYS room for more 12" Spidey figs, especially really good ones! (Hey, how come we don't have any Spidey smilies?)
:chew

It would be nice to have another SM3 figure just so that you could pick between the two and pick which one was better. It worked good for Batman Begins. The Superman Returns figures were......well let's just say they weren't my "cup of tea.":D

I think if HT did have the SM3 liscense that they would have already announced it. The longer they wait the worst it is for them.

I'd buy a HT Spidey in a second, probably two....I like the Medi version but there are improvements that can be made. I'm anxiously awaiting the SM3 Medi figures because I wasn't too impressed with the SM2 Spidey.

I would personally love for them to get the license for the upcoming Hulk movie. A 14" Hulk with the rubber muscle suit would be awesome. They could really make it awesome.

It would be great if Hot Toys also would get the Spidey 3 license.Great news for us too!But bad news for our wallets. :monkey2

However, at least for now I have to say that I don't think we'll see anything MARVEL from them for a while.It seems like Medicom has a pretty good lock on the Marvel license for that part of the world and I think they have a good relationship with Marvel as well.

I wouldn't doubt that Hot Toys most likely has some interest in Marvel licenses but they either are prohibited from going after them or are just concentrating on other things right now.

One thing I commented on in the Spidey 3 threads and most people who saw the pics notice that Medi's Spider-man's cloth outfit ends with a "sleeve" around his wrist (the same with the comic figures as well)...while Medicom has done a good job, I think HT personally would've gone that extra mile to figure out something so you'd have a seamless transition from the arm/wrist to the hands since Spidey's suit (espiecially the arms) is practically all one piece.

I think the Medi from S2 is better than the one from S3 and I'd welcome a HT or Takara competitor. I don't know how the licensing works, but it's obviously possible given what happened with Bats and Supes.

Seems a lot of you would be willing for ol' HT to tackel Spidey. I agree with a lot that has been said. And sadly I think the point that was made about licencing just makes me want to cry. There is plenty of spandex to go around:lol

Let's show some support for Hot Toys to make Spiderman figure. I know they will see it.....

Maybe somebody should tell Sony to give Hot Toys the license....

I'd definitely be in for Hot Toys Spidey figures.

Ive never tried posing a Hot Toys body to some acrobatic poses though...is it even possible?

HT bodies have great poseability...they just make alot of stuff that inhibits it.

I'd love an HT Spidey or even Venom. :D

nash said:
I've never tried posing a Hot Toys body to some acrobatic poses though...is it even possible?

I've managed to get some pretty life-like poses out Hot Toys' body designs, but some types are better than others. Modifying them (plastic surgery) can increase their range of motion even more. As 'Spliff' (gotta love that name!) says, sometimes the range of motion gets restricted one way or another, like with the armour on the Colonial Marines, for example. I don't think any of their bodies has the flexibility that a character like Spidey would require, tho!

HT has come up with new body designs more often than (ahem) other companies lately, so it's entirely possible they may design a new super-poseable body if they ever decided to do characters like Spidey.

I just wish they'd make some sets of different interchangeable hands, like Dragon did some years ago. Having plenty of hands to choose from would really increase our display options! :D

Mudshark said:
I don't think any of their bodies has the flexibility that a character like Spidey would require, tho!

Exactly what I was speculating. I have a nude older HT body and I really can't see it doing acrobatic spidey poses like the Medi bodies can.

I'd still want a HT Spidey though.

When I had my HT Superman I could get some "Spidey" poses out of him. So I think it would work.

Back