My V for Vendetta 1/6 figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedex9r

Super Freak
Reaction score
G'day All

With the release of Neca's talking 1/6 V for Vendetta figure I was inspired to finally make the figure I have wanted for ages. After getting the figure I came to the conclusion that the Head, Belt and gloves were able to be used but everything else had to be done from scratch.

I am very happy with the finished result.

v1_1-1.jpg

v3_1.jpg

v2_1.jpg

v4_1.jpg

Here is a rundown of what went into this figure.

BBI body with neck post modified to allow neca head.

Triad toys "The One" leather overcoat modified and shortened to V's 3/4 length

DID corp realistic Boots German series 1

21st Century Villian black pants

Classic Hasbro Darth Vader Cape

Repainted NECA gloves and belt buckle

I hope you like it, feel free to ask me any questions.

cheers :)

Great custom, zedex9r! Thanks for the recipe!
Maybe it would interest you to know there's a member of the onesixthwarrior-forum (Auret) who makes very nice metal 1/6 swords and daggers; maybe he has some metal Vendetta daggers as well. Just a thought...

Awesome Job... looks great, I'd love to do this myself... I do think you should maybe put a slight gloss of the hair or the Mask because the head and hat look a bit dead in comparison to all the textures on the body!

Top job though!

That figure ROCKS!

thanks for sharing pics & info on this one, very nice job!

That's a great custom! I got mine with the identical idea in mind, but so glad to see it played out so well! Your boots and gloves rock, as does the cape (I did the same thing to my figure for now! Better than that plastic cape!) and the tunic is cool. Not movie accurate, but then, you'd need that weird patterned material to match it. Not so easy! If I find any I will let you know. I bet something is out there.
But otherwise, yeah, he looks great!
Congrats on a nice, clean, wicked figure! :rock

What did you use for the tunic? I've been thinking of doing this as well and the tunic (and its weird material) is the sticking point, but whatever you used looks great!

Looks great all around. Good job!

That is a great custom. But I can't help but think he should be on a taller body.

G'day all

Again to all, thanks for the feedback and nice comments.

To be getting suggestions and tips from some of the most talented customisers is an honour :)

grangewallis - I did actually think of painting the hair and hat, I was just being too cautious. I think I will give it a shot.

Lord Vicious - I will look into the metal weapons. Thanks for the lead.

figuremasterles - Thanks for the feedback. You are right, it would probably be impossible to get 100% accurate material for the tunic. The pattern on the real V coat is very subtle, but it is there. If you hear of anything, I would appreciate the lead.

metaphorge - I used the Triad Toys "The One" leather coat. Took off the silver buttons and shortened it to 3/4 length. In the photos there is still some visible spots where the buttons were, but you don't see them in real life.
This is a great quality item and worked out better than I expected.
Here is a link to the coat:
https://www.triadtoys.com/estore/product/product.jsp?prodId=1000544&randID=1188526339968

The pictures I took do make him appear to be on the short side, but he does look better and taller "in the flesh".
I used a BBI body (it was all I had at the time) but I may look at using something that is a little taller. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers

metaphorge - I used the Triad Toys "The One" leather coat. Took off the silver buttons and shortened it to 3/4 length. In the photos there is still some visible spots where the buttons were, but you don't see them in real life.
This is a great quality item and worked out better than I expected.
Here is a link to the coat:
https://www.triadtoys.com/estore/product/product.jsp?prodId=1000544&randID=1188526339968

The pictures I took do make him appear to be on the short side, but he does look better and taller "in the flesh".
I used a BBI body (it was all I had at the time) but I may look at using something that is a little taller. Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks; I was guessing it was a Triad piece from the looks of it.

As for a taller body, get a Hot Toys New Gen Life one; you probably won't even have to change the neck attachment.

G'day All

Just thought I would show some quick updated pics of my V for Vendetta custom. I took on some of your suggestions and did a few little adjusments.

Firstly I managed to score a new cape for him, this is a Meidcom Vader cape. It is not as big as the previous cape and seems to sit on him a bit better.

I also extended his neck post slightly to make his head sit a bit higher. Also I painted his hair semi gloss black to give it more of the movie look. I left his hat as is was as I felt a glossy hat would be too much.

Darth Steff-Han- I don't know about a Dragon body, I used a BBi body. It was a lot easier with the neck adaptor and neck ball joint. Seeing as how the NECA V figure has no neck at all it would be a little more difficult to fit onto a Dragon body as you would have to fashion a neck of some sort.

Here are a few quick update pics.

v8.jpg

v6.jpg

v3.jpg

v4.jpg

v7.jpg

v1.jpg

enjoy :)

cheers

G'day All

Been busy taking some pics of this figure and decided to post some more from my collection. This group of images shows more of the artistic side of this figure and capture the feel of the movie.

Hope you enjoy them. :)

v12.jpg

v22.jpg

v16.jpg

v10.jpg

v14.jpg

v27-1.jpg

DAMN DUDE! THAT LOOKS FANTASTIC! Why couldn't they have come out with THIS as a toy! :monkey2
You did great zedex9r!
What is that coat again? Did you make it? And your new photos totally ROCK!
Just a terrific, clean, exceptional custom!

Back