"The Ghost Who Walks"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedex9r

Super Freak
Reaction score
G'day All

Growing up reading The Phantom Comics I was very excited in 1996 when the movie version of this character was produced. I thought the movie faithfully recreated the feel of the Phantom, in both the loacations and the character himself. The main thing that stood out for me was the amazing job by Billy Zane and the stunning version of the costume that was redesigned for the movie.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that prophouse2000 had made a figure of one of my favourite movies. I few emails later and a short wait I was now a proud owner of the Billy Zane movie Phantom.

I hope you enjoy these pictures of this great figure and his trustworthy companions, Devil and Hero.

phantomfriends.jpg

phantom7.jpg

phantom5.jpg

phantom2.jpg

phantom13.jpg

Again thanks to fellow member Spenser for making this great figure for me.

Cheers :)

I liked that movie too... Great figure, looks awesome... I always thought it would be a fun custom to make ever since I saw Les Walker's amazing one...

I alo liked the movie alot, although I was never a big follower of the Phantom.
The figure looks great, congrats!

G'day All

Darth Steff-Han - Yes it is a DID horse.WW2 era horse.
The white one was hard to get but I really wanted one for the Phantom. I removed nearly all the saddle bags and accesories off the saddle to give it that basic look for the Phantom.

Thanks for great comments all, I really like this figure. He is one of my favourites. Just like another favourite of mine, Hot Toys Superman, he also doesn't come with much in terms of accessories but has a major presence on the shelf due to his skin tight out outfit and vibrant colours.

cheers :)

G'day All

Darth Steff-Han - Yes it is a DID horse.WW2 era horse.
The white one was hard to get but I really wanted one for the Phantom. I removed nearly all the saddle bags and accesories off the saddle to give it that basic look for the Phantom.

Thanks for great comments all, I really like this figure. He is one of my favourites. Just like another favourite of mine, Hot Toys Superman, he also doesn't come with much in terms of accessories but has a major presence on the shelf due to his skin tight out outfit and vibrant colours.

Is it eays to remove bags or did you cut them ???

How could you draw the outfit of the Phantom ?

G'day

Darth Steff-Han - The bags and bedroll that I took off the horse just came of by undoing the buckles that attached them. The saddle has so much detail that each pouch and strap has its own buckle and lace through, so taking off the parts I didn't want was easy.

As for the costume on this figure, this was made for me by another artist, Spencer and I am not familiar with how he did it. Perhaps it was screen printed. All I know is that it looks amazing.

cheers

G'day All

Just a quick update on this figure.

You may not have noticed in the original shots of the Phantom but he didn't have his trademark Skull Ring on his finger.

Spenser was kind enough to rectify this for me by sending me another hand with the ring afixed to it. Many kind thanks to Spenser for doing this for me and producing such a great figure.

Here is a new update picture showing the Phantom signature Skull ring.

phantom18.jpg

i really like this figure so much. its such a nice piece . Im hoping to get one from Spencer if he still makes them. nice!

I have been after a Billy Zane Phantom head since the film came out. Hopefully Spenser will change his mind and offer him [and so many of his other older sculpts] up.

im hoping he still makes the whole figure. I own one of his Christopher Reeve superman figs and its by far my #1 1/6 in my collection. very cool

I'd also love a nice 1/6 scale version of this Phantom. I felt the movie was under appreciated. Campy, but under appreciated.

I wish someone would offer a Zane Phantom and a Warren Beatty Dick Tracy to boot...

Back