Dirty dirty Snowtrooper stop that . . . slap

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooncat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Been looking for a snowtrooper but the only one I seem to come across is the one below and it just looks dirty and old. They all do, now is that age ? are they meant to look like that ? if they are meant to look like that, why ? snows white ffs, I know it turns to sludge eventually but this thing looks like its been rolling in the stuff ?

Does anyone know where I can lay my hands on a clean version ? would a repaint be any good on these ?

cb44_1.JPG

That's how they come , though that example does seem a little extreme . Buy it anyhow, they are great figures to customise . Well , ditch the body obviously and find some decent hands/gauntlets and you're laughing . The outfit is pretty accurate and they need minimal work to look really good . ( Oh and pick yourself up an MG34 while you're at it!):D

Yeah, that's pretty much how they come. I've got two Hasbro Snowtroopers.

Actually you do want to weather them up a bit otherwise all the white kind of just blends together. I added much more weathing to the boots, knee pad and chest and shoulder armor.

Is this a Hasbro figure? It looks pretty damn accurate , very nice figure.

I wouldnt worry too much about the weathering. They actually had a fair amount of weathering in ESB, especially around the boots and legs. Maybe some light dry brushing of white paint with a sponge might tone down the brown around the shoulders and helmet a tad.

This is like one of my favorite troopers of the oT... then the Scout... so ...

I want to do this too...

Just tracked down a regular version...

So what body should I get to replace it with ?

What else should I look for to upgrade it ?

I personally just used a BBI G1 I had handy and it works fine . There are a number of gauntlet options , I used ones from a Sideshow Civil War figure ( basically 'cos they were white ).

I personally just used a BBI G1 I had handy and it works fine . There are a number of gauntlet options , I used ones from a Sideshow Civil War figure ( basically 'cos they were white ).

Hey Thundergod. Could you post pictures of the gauntlets you used. I'm working on one of these soon and would like to get the parts I need in order.

Shouldn't be a problem Jango , but you'll have to give me a couple of days as I don't have access to some of my collection at the moment . ( In storage due to work being done to my humble abode ). I'll post pics A.S.A.P .

Shouldn't be a problem Jango , but you'll have to give me a couple of days as I don't have access to some of my collection at the moment . ( In storage due to work being done to my humble abode ). I'll post pics A.S.A.P .

Thanks, Thundergod :D

Amazing.

You can get a hasbro snowtrooper with blue highlights instead of the dirt. Try dragon german snow uniform, then you get a good length over the arms.

Amazing.

You can get a hasbro snowtrooper with blue highlights instead of the dirt. Try dragon german snow uniform, then you get a good length over the arms.

I have one of the Snowtroopers with the blue hightlights on his chest.I just looked to make sure and he is cleaner than my regular.I belive they are harder to find though.

Awesome job on those hurricane!!

Wow, great work Hurricane... that would look good with the sets Marmit released. You can hardly tell it started life as a Hasbro.

Back