Anyone use BESTA from Ikea for Displaying??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adoptedscot

You wish it, I dish it...
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I just got some and I like them a lot. I had all Billys before, but they're only 10.5 inches deep. And most Sideshow PFs (and other large statues) wouldn't fit. The Bestas have a nearly 16 inch depth which fits most everything except Greivous (nothing fits Greivous). You're limited in width to their standard which I think is 23 inches, but it's still wide enough to display 2 PFs side by side. There are no fixed shelves either, so height isn't a problem.

They're pretty stable on their own, but they have an elaborate device for attaching them to the wall which I haven't bothered with.

They're really best for large items, as smaller busts and things would get lost in the depth. And there aren't any clear glass doors available for them, so they'll be open to the elements unless you get the solid wood doors.

Thanks Dave, they sound really good.
I did notice that about the doors which is a shame, they only have the clear glass ones if you get them in whitle which i'm not into.

They could be just what I need, I've only got 3 PF's (Neg Zone & Red/Blue Spidey and Doom), will have 4 when The Thing comes, the rest are all statues from various companies,Sideshow/Bowen/Moore etc so they should fit nicely.Although I do also have the GG LOTR Mini Busts but I suppose I could mix them in with the Weta statues.

May I ask one last thing please?. Do they stand on carpet okay without the wall bracket thingy??

Thanks again :duff
Shell
x :D

I have them and love them!

hyllor01.jpg

hyllor02.jpg

hyllor03.jpg

hyllor04.jpg

I have clear glassdoors on mine?!
Really stable, holds alot of heavy items w/o problems.
Great size for PF's and even 1:1 busts.

I have clear glassdoors on mine?!
Really stable, holds alot of heavy items w/o problems.
Great size for PF's and even 1:1 busts.

Superb, you have a FANTASTIC set up Optimus!! :bow
I didnt realise they were Besta, they look so different.
Yep, unfortunately only clear doors are available in white here, if I were to get the Beech version they can have frosted doors or solid but from looking at your pics the black ones look awesome!

I would love the set up you have.Thanks for sharing those pics:duff

Glad I can help!
The black or dark, dark brown (as they are) really makes the figure or bust stand out even more. It "pops". At least I think so!
Add some lights and you'll have an kickass display :cool:
The doors I have are clear with an aluminum (spelling?) frame.
Looks great in my opinion.

:love Thank you

I'm an idiot !:duh I cant believe I didnt see them, even the woman I spoke to on the phone the other day said they were only available with the white units.

Downside is it will take 3 of the 60x64 glass doors to cover a single unit(60x192) and I need at least 5 units.....ouchee.

Thanks so much for your help folks, I'm glad I asked now.

Yeah, the glassdoors is where they get you!
The units themselve isn't that expensive, but the doors will set you back!
It's either that or you'll have to break out the duster more often :D :maul

Yeah, the glassdoors is where they get you!
The units themselve isn't that expensive, but the doors will set you back!
It's either that or you'll have to break out the duster more often :D :maul

Looks like i'll have to do some money calculating cos I can't dust :D

Plus I always said to myself when I finally get to display my collection I would do it properly.
I've spent years moving houses so I never been able to display anything,maybe now, finally, I can. If I can afford it.

Thanks for all your help people,much appreciated.
I love that display Optimus, you have it set up beautifully.
xx :D

Hmm, I don't think the glass doors are available in the US? Or perhaps they didn't register for me since they're square and aren't appropriate for the size of the space needed for most PFs.

I'm gonna buy them too. I wanted windows on front and left/right side, but those are too expensive.

I do have a question. They are 128cm in height (around 4 feet)
if I buy another part that is 2 foot in height, can I put it on top or isn't that very smart.
I need 3 of those 4 foot Besta shelves and 3 of the 2 foot ones.
Only then, everything will fit :D

I'm gonna buy them too. I wanted windows on front and left/right side, but those are too expensive.

if I buy another part that is 2 foot in height, can I put it on top or isn't that very smart.

Or you could just buy a larger set and adjust the shelves accordingly:
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80102127

..then buy the doors.

I plan on buying the smaller ones to put on top of the ones I have.
Don't see a problem there.
The reason why I didn't buy the tallest one is that the shelve in the middle is bolted in (not movable). This way I get 64cm (hight) to each figure, if I don't move any shelves of course!

EDIT: Just checked with IKEA and it seems like the center shelve IS movable.

i just picked up a besta unit as well. gonna have to wait on the glass doors though. here's a pic of some stuff i threw in it.

DSC06253.jpg

Back