Anyone NOT like the HOT TOYS Aliens figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CelticPredator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Im not sure if this has been discussed, but anyone agree that the Aliens figure....kinda, well sucks? I mean the paint rubs off TOO easily, and leaves these big nasty black spots.

I had to repaint him, now he looks stupid, and his arm broke, and his foot is lost...I HATE THIS ALIEN....:(

Sorry for the rant...but this drives me nuts for a $160 figure....

Nah. I just my aliens to be awesome. The bad rubber, and bad joints lose the awesomeness 10 fold.

the aliens alien sucks balls , it was made crappy.
The rest are brilliant figures , but they all have there fair share of problems too.
What figure doesn't though ? :)

I'll take pics....its quite sad.

I do think the rest of Hot TOy's Aliens are well made...but I dont like any design past Alien 3. Too fleshy, and flabby.

NECA's is pretty good. The design kills it. But I like the Alien. I have them devouring the Wolf now...hehe.

I'm not a massive collector like some of you guys, but this is how I feel about my Alien Warrior:

It's simultaneously the best "toy" I've ever owned, and the shoddiest.

- The paint has peeled off the rubber in various sections.

- I had to do the superglue trick on several of the ball joints.

- One of the jaw tendons is torn.

- And it cost me £130 ($260!) after customs and excise charges and shipping.

But when I see it standing there, looking so absolutely bad*ss. Well, I just forget all of the above and sit there admiring it.

That said, I wish the QC had been better. Is the brown alien much the same?

i bought a grid alien that was supposed to be new, but it was previously displayed. after a partial refund, i decided to try and fit it in the limited space i have. it went together very easily. all the joints were acceptably tight and the paint showed no sign of peeling or rubbing. all the rubber was also in good shape. i think the problem may be in excessive positioning. do you actively play with your alien? it is a poseable model kit and not an action figure. also, did you perform the recommended heating of the joints with a blow dryer or boiling water before snapping in the arms and legs?

Last edited:
Here's the thing...

Yeah, these are "action figures", but they're not REALLY meant to be played with.

You're hands leave an acidic residue on everything you touch. Since these figures are made of rubber, the effect is quite dramatic if you handle them alot. Also, again due to the fact that they are made of rubber, any continuous movement will wear it out very quickly. Such as the jaw tendon area.

That, coupled with other factors like room temperature and if you leave them in sunlight, will severly shorten the lifespan of these figures.

Are there some qc problems with the Aliens Warrior figure...sure. But it sounds like you might be experiencing some of the other things I've mentioned as well.

Well, I noticed all these faults within about 10 minutes of assembling it. I only opened the mouth once or twice before I noticed the torn tendon, so I didn't touch that again. The rubber was peeling off a bit just from my handling it as I put the figure together, and it had come off even more by the time I'd handled it to do the superglue fixes.

I don't play with it as such, I just re-pose it every week or so. If anything, the shoddy condition its in has made me less bothered about handling it. If it's on its way out, I might as well enjoy it!

Check out the ribcage area in this photo. This was shortly after opening the box:

AliensComplete2.jpg

The paintwork is intact, but you can already see a fold where the rip eventually appeared in his face.

And this is how it looked a short while later. You can see how much the paint has peeled off on the ribs, showing the plain black rubber beneath.

AlienAgain3.jpg

In fact, you can see it peeling off all the way down to its crotch

AlienAgain.jpg

But it doesn't matter. I mean, just look at it! :)

you think your is is bad though mate , you should of seen mine from play.com.
Both arms and legs snapped off , both hand joints stuck in the broken hands.
The top jaw snapped off , the tounge ripped out and the paint all chipped.
Got my refund and all the figure parts to keep though :)

Stop Buying Toys Ans Buy Yourself Some Nice Statues.

Back