Custom 1/6 Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillip750_3

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I thought, with all of the great Star Wars figure being release from Sideshow at Comic Con this week I would show my Chewbacca as I have had a few member asked to see it before and I never got around to showing it. So this is my attempted at being more active and not just logging on and reading what’s going on.
I made two and a half wookies I wanted to make all the main wookies but didn’t get to it as the hair cost a mint. This one is for me and another one was a commission and I started to make Grakchawwaa I had his head done but was the wrong color so I removed it and then never got back to.

So, please take a look and let me know what you think. Oh and everything is custom except the gun that came from GG and the stand from SS and the hands.

Really nice custom chewie..............best i have seen a credit to you..:D

What can I say but... WoW!

You have shown me that a furry Chewie wouldn't turn out to be a teddy bear. I bet seeing what could be done, most fans would prefer this over a sculpted Chewie.

Last edited:
Hi BuddyGus,
This figure was hard to do, it took about 2 1/2 months on the hair and another to to trim it so I'm not going to hide anything and just let anyone know if they want to try it. Yes, I had to sculpt my own head. If you look at it, it has no eyes, so I used small plastic balls and made each tooth and tongue. Then apply the hair then shape it, very hard and like I said I only make two… The other head is Grakchawwaa.

But if anyone would like me to make one for them let me know and I will think about it.

that is an amazing figure. this is a hard custom to pull of correctly and you seemed to have nailed it pretty well. excellent work all the way around. :chew <------kind of appropriate icon huh?

I love the amount of articulation it has. And like mentioned before, it looks like Chewie and not just some random Wookie. If there was any way you could get the hair to lay a little closer to the body I think it would look a little better.

Overall this :rocks. I think you did an amazing job.

I think it looks more like one of the Wookiees from ROTS than Chewbacca but it's very well done.

BEAUTIFUL custom! I wonder how big the creative team is at Sideshow? I'm surprised they don't have more 1:6 and PFs rolling out sooner.

Maybe there's still yet more to come very soon. Chewie would be an awesome addition. You did a wonderful job capturing the look and using fur too!
:banana

Really excellent work! And one of the only custom jobs where it actually looks like Chewie! Great work :rock

Wow, that looks very cool (and very labor intensive). I kind of wish I knew whether or not Sideshow was ever going to make a Chewbacca. If they're not, I could start looking into custom alternatives, but I don't want to spend a lot on something like that if they'll be releasing one that could potentially be better.

Back