1/6th scarf Doctor Who

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkeddalek

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello this is a season 12 scarf that I have been workin on yes it is hand knit
and yes it takes a while to do. Off and on for a couple months now and it's 3/4 done. Could really use a tom baker to go with it.

Season 12 scarf 6 original colors no green $40
Season 12 scarf 7 color with green $45
Season 13 late-early 14 scarf shorter version worn round Toms shoulders no wrap round neck $30
Season 16 and season 18 $60 because of width and length Consumes much more time and material.

Last edited:
Here is the season 18 scarf using the terra cotta or rust color which dosen't really show to well on the show but is there.

Hello this is a season 12 scarf that I have been workin on yes it is hand knit
and yes it takes a while to do. Off and on for a couple months now and it's 3/4 done. Could really use a tom baker to go with it.

Reallly cool! Too bad it takes so lomg to make. We'll be needing these when I finish my Tom sculpt.

BTW, nice ink. Only a true Who fan has a Dalek tatoo! :naughty

Yeah, those ARE gorgeous! I copy what Chris said, too bad they take so (understandably) long. GREEEAT results though!
NICE JOB!
-Rick :)

Thanks WST. Workin on doing them faster have only taught myself to knit a year ago understandably the full size scarves go faster. As you you don't need 60/60 vision. But I am capable now of doing three rows a minute of 1/6th scale. And will be teaching my wife, should go faster smaller fingers.

It looks great. What kind of thread or yarn are you using? I need to make a season 18 scarf myself. I am trying to make the whole costume by hand and it's not easy.

that scarf is a beauty! :)...i got timelord knitwear to make mine for me, julie from timelord knitwear makes fantastic full size scarfs so i commissioned her to make me a 1/6 version

DSCF0532.jpg

Thanks WST. Workin on doing them faster have only taught myself to knit a year ago understandably the full size scarves go faster. As you you don't need 60/60 vision. But I am capable now of doing three rows a minute of 1/6th scale. And will be teaching my wife, should go faster smaller fingers.

Smart move. It will certainly bring in some nice extra income should you ever decide to go that route. :) And I applaud ANYONE who learns a skill or goes out of their way to accomplish something they themselves want. Too many people don't even bother, but just look at your results!

Thank you WST. I tried ribbon and stretch fabric (could not make it look as good as Billy B's scarf so that left me with lernin to knit) And then relearning to knit at 1/6th scale, and then after many trial and error come up with what I have now.

Wish I could share my secret but then what good would I be.
No really simple rule of thumb don't use yarn use a multiple twist thread much stronger and easier to work. As for size lay a thicker piece of yarn in your hand at the craft store and bring along a hand from the figure you are using lay thread in figure hand and compare.
Looks kinda silly but works great. also take along good hi res pics for reference in color match, do not guess trust me that does not work. Amazing the tricks your brain plays on you.

it was £15 i think. i have a season 18 as well and she adds the tasles to the ends :)...timelord knitwear use the correct pattens and colours, so its about as close as your going to get ;)

You taught yourself to knit for this. :joy That's love and dedication and just plain awesome. I can sort-of knit, but never had the patience to tackle a 1:6 scale project, so what you've done is even more impressive. You rock. It's the personal effort and attention that really make custom projects special. I'm gonna shut up now before this turns into a total After School Special moment...:rolleyes:

Hey thats okay big enough to admit I grew up on The Kids of Degrassi Street.
One can say the same of your works of Art, you can't just head out to the store and by what you need for customs since it rarely exists, and if not for artisans like yourself there would be a lot of good lookin Doctor Who fig standin on shelves neked.
Thank you Vikki
Jay

Here is the finished 1/6th season 12 scarf next to 1/6th David

Last edited:
That is a beauty !!!!
Great work !!

I'll need some scarf action for my Who sculpts
Russ :)

Thanks Russ. Check out the modeled version, need a non neked Tom Baker ta go with the scarf.

lol
yes you need a Baker w some clothing. I dont think he should leave the Tardis w no knickers on.:eek:

Greeeeeeaaaaat. Thanks to y'all, now I have "nekkid Tom Baker" stuck in my head. :eek: :eek: *shudder* I must go poke out my mind's eye now....

Back