Custom Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance from the Shining Headsculpt by Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Many of us have expressed interest in a Jack Nicholson headsculpt of Jack Torrance from the Shining. The amazing Chris Howes as agreed to sculpt one if there is enough interest. He (and I) would prefer the "Here's Johnny" expression, if that sways you one way or another. It is arguably the most famous shot in the film.

Please visit this poll to express your expression choice!
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45890

Please note, this will begin after Chris completes his current list. He has many sculpts ahead of this one, so please be patient. Good news is, you'll have time to save up!

Alright you know the drill:

Prices:
$35.00 plus shipping per head for 10 people. If we get 15 to commit, the price drops to $20.00 for his standard precasting discount.

It returns to $35.00 after casting begins. To get the presale discount, payment must be sent before actual casting begins. Chris will announce when the presale period is closed.

Chris is also offering a painted axe to go with Jack. It is an additional $15. Or unpainted for $12.

Shipping Cost of $5.00 within the USA. $7.00 international.

Payment:
Do not send payment to Chris until either Chris or I give you the word (we need at least 10 people to commit before Chris will move forward with sculpting). Once we have a price locked in (based on the commitment numbers) I’ll post payment details (or Chris may post info on this). Chris prefers paypal, but is willing to accept Money Order if you don’t use Paypal.

Samples of Chris Howes’ work:

https://www.chowes.com/

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...ad.php?t=37796

How to get on board:

Please send me a PM or post a reply here that indicates your interest and possibly how many you'd want and then I’ll add you to the list below.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kuato, the very talented painter, has kindly offered to help out with painting all Chris' commissions! :banana That's a lot :D. Please check out his work on my Joker heads here.

To keep from driving him crazy with overload on discounts, this is how it will work.

Kuato will offer a fantastic discount of only $30.00 plus shipping per head for the FIRST 10 ORDERS of each of my commissions. after the first 10 orders, his regular price of $45.00 plus shipping per head comes back into effect.

So, we will need to set up a list, first come, first served, to get the discount and post discount paint services of Kuato.

The paint transaction will be a separate transaction directly with kuato. Payment details will be announced once we get a list filled up! If you get in line for the FIRST 10 DISCOUNT then drop out later, the list will move up and whoever was next in line at the FULL PRICE will be bumped up to the FIRST 10 DISCOUNT.

DO NOT SEND PAINT PAYMENT YET! KUATO WILL SAY WHEN TO!

shining_xl_01--film-B.jpg

1) darkchylde80
2) Reinhardt
3) Voorhees27 + axe
4) toyadventurer
5) uscmhicks +axe
6) metaphorge
7) Charles Hughey
8) SpawnFan
9) MwNN
10) DarkArtist81
11) Gruff Old Bear
12) Snake Sucker
13) sadieshalf
14) dragonsleeper
15) amarcord
16) 16k
17) hydrobud
18) FlyAndFight
19) 2000man
20) eighthsamurai +axe
21) Saya

Axe Only
1) Deckard

Painted by Kuato
1) Buttmunch
2) Voorhees27
3) uscmhicks
4) Reinhardt
5) MwNN
6) dragonsleeper
7) amarcord
8) Snake Sucker
9) toyadventurer
10) eighthsamurai

Last edited:
i would probly first like to c how this looks. painted and all. thanx

Howes is officially the Worlds Busiest Man at this point, no?

Almost!!

Hence the statement, "Please note, this will begin after Chris completes his current list. He has many sculpts ahead of this one, so please be patient."

My intention (if all goes well) is to clear through the current round of active commissions by shortly after the new year. Then round 2 starts! I'm getting requests left and right, so all new ones will have a similar statement to distinguish which group they fall into.

You should see the array of heads 'n stuff on my workbench. Ah, it's like the good old days!! :D Except for now I don't have a stable of sculptors at my disposal to distribute the work to!

Finally got the list updated. We are half way there to getting this made! If you want on list, but didn't specificially say so in your first posts, please clarify that for me.

Maybe we can get him in to see an optometrist if we all chip in.

How are you doing, btw. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back