She Predator - Machiko pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fremen

Super Freak
Reaction score
What a nightmare to get the feet on.

mach1c.jpg

mach5.jpg

mach7.jpg

mach9.jpg

mach10.jpg

mach11.jpg

mach2.jpg

mach3.jpg

mach4.jpg

Great pics Fremen. She looks fantastic from what I can see. Sadly, this is one line I had to force myself not to collect.

I don't have most of the hot toys predators. They're just too damn expensive.
But I love this one and couldn't pass it up.

Tomb Raider. Hehehe. Funny. Ya, kinda looks like her eh.

Not as bad as most Predators but for a girl like me, a pain in the ass.

The feet were really, really hard.

I had to use a tool to stuff in the hole of the feet to stretch them out so I could get the feet on.

I didn't have any string and you need string to put the daggers and sword on the back on. I had to use fishing wire that is too thick.

There are springs that you are suppose to use to somehow tie the upper arm plate and bra thing together but don't ask me how, the springs never came out of the bag. I didn't even try to figure it out.

The stand won't stay in the base of mine which is a pain.

Love her to bits though.

Oh, and the glue of one of the upper arm plates failed so I had to crazy glue the elasticy thing back onto the arm plate so it would stay and hug her upper arm.

Not as bad as most Predators but for a girl like me, a pain in the ass.

The feet were really, really hard.

I had to use a tool to stuff in the hole of the feet to stretch them out so I could get the feet on.

Well, if it's any consolation, I have to use my tool to stuff it in the hole too. :lol:lol:lol

I'm sorry... great looking figure. I've only put together the Wolf, and boiling water helped. And I've heard hair dryer works well too, except I don't own one of those.

Oh, and the glue of one of the upper arm plates failed so I had to crazy glue the elasticy thing back onto the arm plate so it would stay and hug her upper arm.

Same thing happened to me on the Wolf, shin guard plate strap broke, reapply with super glue. To be honest, the delicateness of the HT Pred figures turned me off to collecting them. They are certainly as delicate as statues.

I found out while making my AVP Cleaner Kit Predator, Wolf and my brothers Predator 2 and Predator 2 Elder,AVP Scar and AVP Elder that it takes a gentle hand and not brute force to put these things together. The more you do the easier they are to build.
:chew

The feet are a sinch. You just need a bit of the old-school vinyl kit experience. Heat the top of them up with a hair dryer and they will go on like melted butter. When they cool again, they are as rigid as before. Just make sure you don't move them around too much while they are warm, or the holes will cool in a more expanded shape and be loose.

Here's a couple pics of one I built and posted on onesixthwarriors.

I thought that Hot Toys did such an amazing job on the new Hot Angels body that I wanted to do it justice with my customization of the She-Predator Machiko figure. The first, and most classic Predator had half armor on his chest, and so did half of the Predators on screen in AVP, so why not Machiko, especially when HT did such fine sculpting and even detailed her nipples with authentic texture. I didn't do this to be a perv, (well not just to be a perv) I also did it to accentuate her character. Machiko is a woman who's ferocity in battling Aliens earned her a place among the Predators. Predators aren't going to be sexually attracted to her, and she is in friggin' space where nobody can hear her... modesty. This Machiko captures her primal, amazon, Galactic Geographic magazine persona.

Sorry some of the pictures are a bit blurry. I hate my damn camera. The flash is broken so I have to stay perfectly still while the shutter stays open longer. Anyway-

I first started by stripping off what 'clothing' she had on in the package (chest armor, skirt thing, and netting). I then painted the nipples to look very natural and complimentory to the artistry of the sculpting because one of her breasts was going to be covered only by the netting.

HPIM3117.jpg

HPIM3118.jpg

I cut away the portion of the breast plate I didn't want on her, then, not wanting to damage the original netting, I used some spare Elder netting, test fit sections of it it to see how it would lay and stretch, and began gluing it to the armor pieces and trimming it simultaneously until the netting covered the right breast the way I wanted. Getting it and the armor to stay in place perfectly required that I glue the armor into place on the body. If you try this, make damn sure you don't get glue where you don't want it because the fine, soft material they used for the torso is very, very, very delicate. Did I mention the delicate part yet? Don't screw up because scraping bad glue off is not an option. I suspect this material will disintigate in time like the ED-209 dome. This stuff is way more supple and realistic than the older female rubber torso like Ripley has.

HPIM3128.jpg

HPIM3127.jpg

For the legs, I used the leg portion of the Elder netting. I turned the legs so I could get up as high into the hip sockets as possible to glue the netting on while stretching it down the length of the thighs to narrow the fit to her legs much like the old Chinese finger cuffs trick. I pulled down the knee covering as much as possible to tuck and glue the netting in where it would be hidden.

HPIM3122.jpg

I do not intend to use the helmet in this version of Machiko because she is not fully geared up, so I test fit it to her hip armor and found that the piece on her right hip almost seemed like it was meant to be a mount for her to hang her helmet when not in use. Without glue there really isn't any way to attach it, but it did seem sculpted to frame the helmet perfectly so I glued it there.

HPIM3124.jpg

HPIM3125.jpg

The weird little blue things I attached to the other side where I like them better as they brign the hip armor detail down the leg more.

HPIM3123.jpg

Future customizations: I never liked the sword in the pictures though I like it much better in person. I still hate the sheath though, so I'm not sure what I will use the chains for that hang from the back of her belt. I also hated the lame blades on her right gauntlet, so I pulled them off since they were only glued and set into the channel. I like it without blades, but may customize some spare chromed blades from an AVP gauntlet to fit on somehow. I also don't like the blades on the spear. They are reminicent of the blades on the spear the Elder gave to What'sherface at the end of AVP, but they look lame scaled down and are sculpted like an afterthought. I'll probably cut those off and replace them with the blades off a spare Elder spear I have. Why not just give her the spare spear, you ask? Because her entire spear is scaled down to fit her proportions. I tried it the other way and it looked too huge extended.

HPIM3120.jpg

HPIM3129.jpg

Thanks for looking. I didn't bother spell checking, so try not to notice any misspelled words, okay?

I think I was one of the first few to get her, and I make it a huge point to heat up the feet...peg (whatever) things - I used a blowdryer to do mine.

The only other problem I had was with the damn chains/sheath. I swear I thought I was going to ^^^^ a brick when trying to attach them, I finally said '^^^^ it' and used some clasps.

Here's a few shots I posted a while back. Really, a freaking EXCELLENT figure.
11uesfn.jpg

2i704up.jpg

By the way, I'd still love to cover up the elbows, but, it's chill for now.

It really is a sweet figure. I just hope the rubber body doesn't disintigrate like Hot Toys are known to do. I've got another Machiko I will post pics of tonight. She has full armor and full net and a samurai sword. I liked the sword idea, especially for a japanese character, but the one they made was over the top.

HPIM3120.jpg

HPIM3129.jpg

Thanks for looking. I didn't bother spell checking, so try not to notice any misspelled words, okay?[/QUOTE]

Killer custom bro!! The netting looks better on her legs than on her belly, looks much more accurate to how a woman would wear her fishnet stockings. :rock

Back