Star Wars.....the Musical!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
George Lucas Is Doing It on Purpose
Posted at 12:12 PM Dec 23, 2008

mad%20star%20wars%20musical-thumb-411x536.jpg

You know when parents are too stupid and insane to take care of their child, the state steps in and takes the child away for its own good? There has to be some kind of law that would similarly allow someone to take the Star Wars franchise away from George Lucas for neglect, abuse and now...a musical.

George Lucas has signed off on Star Wars: A Musical Journey, a two-hour live musical event featuring a Stormtrooper kick line and singing Wookiees John Williams' Oscar-winning score.

Premiering next year in London's O2 arena, the production will be performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in synch with movie clips from the six live-action films. The show will play in chronological order, from The Phantom Menace to Return of the Jedi.
Seriously, there's no way Lucas isn't doing this ^^^^ on purpose. He clearly hates the Star Wars franchise and us, and because he doesn't have the time or energy ot skull-^^^^ every single Star Wars fan individually, he's content with making the most asinine Star Wars ^^^^ possible. Look, if Mad Magazine thought it was a joke, you're not allowed to do it seriously, *********.

I think I'd prefer the skull^^^^ing, honestly.

I wonder what else will get the Fossey treatment at this point? :lol

You know when parents are too stupid and insane to take care of their child, the state steps in and takes the child away for its own good? There has to be some kind of law that would similarly allow someone to take the Star Wars franchise away from George Lucas for neglect, abuse and now...a musical.

I love this paragraph. :lol

ha no matter how much the fans begin to loose their faith in lucas they will always spend money on his creation. He makes a ton of money who can blame him, if i had a chance to milk my idea for the kind of money hes gotten over time i would to.

i have a mate who has asked if I want to go to London to watch this with him,
He says he has heard it is quite good, though I very much doubt it! Think im going to pass.

Star Wars: A Muscial Journey is NOT a musical...

It's just a collection of the best pieces of music from Star Wars, played by an orchestra on stage, whilst a viewscreen shows the scenes that go along with it...

If anyone has the ROTS soundtrack, the bonus disc is Star Wars: A Musical Journey...

It's just a collection of the best pieces of music from Star Wars, played by an orchestra on stage, whilst a viewscreen shows the scenes that go along with it...

If anyone has the ROTS soundtrack, the bonus disc is Star Wars: A Musical Journey...

You mean there isn't a Stormtrooper chorus line?:monkey2

Wherever that quote comes from it seems like it's designed just to stir up crap.

But there is this - which is probably one of the best things EVER:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/UkTQwP2gFxU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/UkTQwP2gFxU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

THERE IS NO MUSICAL!!!

It's a concert! That magazine cover is from 1978! A Musical Journey is great!

:mad::mad::mad:

I think hearing the Royal Philharmonic play selections of Star Wars tunes with a big screen showing clips from the movies would be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind getting the ROTS soundtrack just to see that.

And that dance-off was funny. I gotta go to Star Wars weekends sometime. But being a local I can't stand Disney when it is crowded.

Thank you. Honestly, I can't believe it took someone that long to realize that! It states what it is in the e-mail! It's NOT a musical. :rolleyes:

Thank you. Honestly, I can't believe it took someone that long to realize that! It states what it is in the e-mail! It's NOT a musical. :rolleyes:

No sir! Thank YOU!

I think the ROTS soundtrack is worth getting anyway...

But still, for $10, you can't go wrong...

I don't know why people are jumping to the wrong conclusions!
It only makes reference to 'Musical Journey'.

It plainly says that they are having the Royal Philharmonic playing select scores from all six films while playing select 'FILM CLIPS' from the six films.

They also said that they are trying to get one of the stars (Don't count on the big three, my guess is Lee, McDiramid or someone like that....which would be better anyway...) to narrate some of it.

It is not a Broadway or West type piece of Musical Theatre! So stop talking like it is! :rolleyes:

p.s. - Howard Shore did a thing similar to this for LOTR. No one freaked when they did it....Of course, then they DID a Musical Theatre rendition of LOTR after that....Which didn't do too badly. I saw it in London.)

I don't know why people are jumping to the wrong conclusions!
It only makes reference to 'Musical Journey'.

It plainly says that they are having the Royal Philharmonic playing select scores from all six films while playing select 'FILM CLIPS' from the six films.

They also said that they are trying to get one of the stars (Don't count on the big three, my guess is Lee, McDiramid or someone like that....which would be better anyway...) to narrate some of it.

It is not a Broadway or West type piece of Musical Theatre! So stop talking like it is! :rolleyes:

p.s. - Howard Shore did a thing similar to this for LOTR. No one freaked when they did it....Of course, then they DID a Musical Theatre rendition of LOTR after that....Which didn't do too badly. I saw it in London.)

It'll probably be Ian Mcdiarmid, he narrates introductions for each piece on the ROTS soundtrack bonus DVD...

Yeah, I agree. They made a big deal about him when he attended Celebration Europe....(he was there for a New York minute!) :cool:

Back