Can the SS Buck broken neck be fixed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was swapping bodies on a couple of my SS figures and the neck broke on one of them. I didnt boil the head long enough, so when I tried to remove the head, the head/neck popped and now the head just flops. Can this be fixed or should I just buy a new body? If any one has any info id appreciate it.

Thank you Coco
Thanks to that thread, I was able to fix it, though I didnt want to struggle like they did, so I found my own way. What I did is, I dremmeled a small hole on the top of neck joint itself, big enough for a small screwdriver to fit in, I put everything back togeher, including the screw, slid the joint into the post and screwed it in by using the hole. Fixed in less than 5 minutes.

Here is a Buttmunch's drawing from the other thread adding what i did.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to swap Jedi Luke's body onto a short body with short arms. How long are you supposed to boil it?

Thanks to that thread, I was able to fix it, though I didnt want to struggle like they did, so I found my own way. What I did is, I dremmeled a small hole on the top of neck joint itself, big enough for a small screwdriver to fit in, I put everything back togeher, including the screw, slid the joint into the post and screwed it in by using the hole. Fixed in less than 5 minutes.

Great idea!

Waller, I usually just put the head in the hot water for a minute or two after I remove it from the stove. I've even microwaved some water to the boiling point and stuck it in there. Worked either way.

Great idea!

Waller, I usually just put the head in the hot water for a minute or two after I remove it from the stove. I've even microwaved some water to the boiling point and stuck it in there. Worked either way.

Awesome. Thanks, Coco!

Thanks for sharing that link Coco... Its good to know that my awesomeness helped someone else. :lol ;)

I had to fix another one just the other day, the 2nd time around is so much easier.

Now that is a great idea... it would totally remove a lot of the problems and you would never know the difference since the dremmeled hole is hidden by the headsculpt :clap :clap :clap

I would say this qualifies as a Freakinnovation :rock

:lol I had no idea my quick and poorly done diogram was so helpful - and after all this time!

Back