Please help! Keith's Computer died!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
Ok so the Chase and Keith cosmic connection strikes again! (Inside Joke) So anyways I deleted a ton of crap out of my junk email bin. I then get the blue screen of death. So I kept restarting my computer and getting the same error.

Now when I turn my computer on my monitor goes straight into sleep mode. It's like it doesn't even recognize the system is on. I tried unplugging everything and powering down and all that stuff.

Can this be fixed? :banghead:banghead:banghead

Re: Please help! Keith's Compture died!

I screwed mine up the other night deleting stuff, not as bad as yours it seems. I finally figured out doing a restart hitting F11 fixed it. don't know if that helps as I really don't know jack about computers. :eek:

I screwed mine up the other night deleting stuff, not as bad as yours it seems. I finally figured out doing a restart hitting F11 fixed it. don't know if that helps as I really don't know jack about computers. :eek:

I don't either. My next question is going to be can I use my existing networking equipment on a new Imac? They seem to be user friendly for none computer savy people like me. And if something goes wrong I don't have to figure out if it's the computer or the monitor. Its all in one place. :lol

What is the error that you're getting?

If it's something messed up with the files you can take your windows CD and load up the install process and there's an option to repair where it will check through all the files and repair as needed.

An iMac won't be more simple just because it's all in one box either-it could still only be one part that's messed up (all current macs use the same hardware as Windows PC's)

But the OS might be easier for you to use and more reliable.

My best guess (considering we don't know what kind of error) is that either you have a virus or your memory is pooping out on you.

I can't do anything though because the damn monitor keeps going to sleep. :banghead

Yes, a mac will work with your network hardware just fine.

As for your Windows problem, see if you can boot to Safe Mode: https://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

If you can, you should be able to run utilities and such to diagnose and fix the problem.

That's the problem. I can't see anything. :rotfl My monitor is not recognizing the computer anymore.

That's the problem. I can't see anything. :rotfl My monitor is not recognizing the computer anymore.

What kind of monitor? CRT or LCD? If it's CRT, it could've died I guess. Maybe your graphics card fried? You don't see *anything* when you turn your computer on?

What kind of monitor? CRT or LCD? If it's CRT, it could've died I guess. Maybe your graphics card fried? You don't see *anything* when you turn your computer on?

It's an HP LCD. The only thing I see when I turn the monitor on is that it is telling me there is no source. And then it enters sleep mode about 3 seconds later. I tried to unplug everything and re plug it all back in. I am thinking a virus fried my computer. I deleted a bunch of junk emails and I bet I released something. I don't know. Right after I did that though it started to act up. I started getting messages about windows needing to shut down. It restarted my computer several times and then I got the blue screen. While it kept restarting my moniter had blocky lines going through it. Then eventually it just stopped working.

put your windows cd in & reboot & pick repair windows.

or try reinstalling the monitor software.........

:lol I get what your saying, really. But I can't see on my monitor. I have no idea whats on the screen. :dunno

if you boot with the windows cd it may recognize the driver you need to at least get it to safe mode.

if that doesnt work.........:gun

If you get desperate enough you can stop over and borrow an extra monitor I have to see if its a problem with the computer or the monitor itself. If its saying no source your monitor is not recognizing its connected to the pc. Im going to assume that you unplugged and replugged all connections. ( i didnt read through the entire thread if it was already mentioned.)

Back