Frankenstein The Revenant will return!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much Sideshow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Monster

Super Freak
Reaction score
FROM THE MAY 27TH 2009 EDITION OF ASK SIDESHOW:

? Hey Sideshow, what ever happened to that Frankenstein ‘The Revenant’ 12-inch figure? I would have bought him for sure! Two of him, if you would have let me.

Great question… The Revenant prototype that was previously revealed was a very, very (very) ambitious 12-inch figure - with unique body, arms, and other new tooling that would require significant investment, and would sell for a relatively high retail price. We’re unlikely to produce the 12-inch figure as shown, but the design & concept of the Revenant is likely to be reborn in another scale and… format.

YEEEES!!!!!!!!!! :fireworks:fest:chew:fireworks :D

Thias was definitely an awesome design.This will look good in PF.

attachment.php

It was always a shame that never came out. I'll be impressed if they do a PF of it.

I'm ashamed to say I know nothing about this. Can somebody please tell me where this version of the Monster came from? The name Revenant, please explain?

Is this somehow based on Bernie Wrightson's designs?

Also, who asked this question of Sideshow? Was is a fellow freak? The Monster perhaps...

The figure definitely looks awesome, I am just unaware of its origins. Thanks for any info.

I'm ashamed to say I know nothing about this. Can somebody please tell me where this version of the Monster came from? The name Revenant, please explain?.

It was supposed to be the first in a new line where Sideshow would produce original takes on classic monsters (in 2002, I think). They could never make the production cost-effective, so it got abandoned. :monkey2

As for the name, I think it was chosen because:

A) it sounds cool
B) Revenant refers to someone who has returned from the dead

Thanks for shedding light on that for me Kabukiman. Now you can mark me down as, yep, I would so order this. I like the fact that Sideshow has their own "originals" line!

Thanks for shedding light on that for me Kabukiman. Now you can mark me down as, yep, I would so order this. I like the fact that Sideshow has their own "originals" line!

Yes furystorm, Back when Sideshow Collectibles broke the news about their "originals" line, I had hoped for a Frankenstein The Revenant PF Figure.
Now it looks as if it is in the works.:D That's what makes everyone at Sideshow Collectibles so special, They care about their fans. :)

Thank you Sideshow, Thank you. :)

Yes furystorm, Back when Sideshow Collectibles broke the news about their "originals" line, I had hoped for a Frankenstein The Revenant PF Figure.
Now it looks as if it is in the works.:D That's what makes everyone at Sideshow Collectibles so special, They care about their fans. :)

Thank you Sideshow, Thank you. :)

HURRAY FOR NICK AND ALL WHO WANT ONE!!!

BIGGER HURRAY FOR ME, BECAUSE I DON'T...AND I CAN BUY GROCERIES INSTEAD!!!!:chew:chew:rotfl

I'm definatley in for one of these. I'd love to see the 12" figure get made too! I'd love a line of original takes on monsters! I know many of us would pay $100+ for this Frankenstein to be made! Do it Sideshow!

I remember seeing that figure for the first time in tomarts toy guide back when i was still buy magazine...:duh

Back