Vader's Helmet Too Small - Will it be Adjusted?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonlightdrive21

Super Freak
Reaction score
Will Sideshow be correcting the problem of Vader's helment being too small and off scale with his body?

I dont think they have the time anymore....

Last edited:
Yeah... I showed my four year old son a picture of the upcoming Vader figure from Sideshow's site.

He said, "Who's that supposed to be?"

I said, "It's Darth Vader!"

He said, "What? You've got to be kidding me!! I hardly recognized him because the helmet's too small!! It doesn't look a thing like him!! What a rip off!! You're not actually buying that, are you?"

I expect to have the exact same response from every single person who ever sees it.

:naughty

The helmet is too small.

7117_press01-001.jpg

002.jpg

I cancelled my Exclusive preorder, I tried to hook up a fellow boardee for cost plus shipping but he did not even reply. Oh well maybe someone else here will get it from the wait list.
I might pick up the regular when the flood hits eBay.

The funny thing is that could be because of the angle of the picture. But o well I cant wait to hear everybody when he ships esp those who cancel their exclusive versions.

Yeah... I showed my four year old son a picture of the upcoming Vader figure from Sideshow's site.
He said, "Who's that supposed to be?"
I said, "It's Darth Vader!"
He said, "What? You've got to be kidding me!! I hardly recognized him because the helmet's too small!! It doesn't look a thing like him!! What a rip off!! You're not actually buying that, are you?"

Wow, that's quite a vocabulary for a 4 year-old. :rolleyes:

Eric

Personally, I don't think there is a problem with the helmet or the angle of the pic. The problem I see is the cape seems to extend past the shoulders instead or draping around them. An easy fix once the statue is in hand. The helmet itself is fine though and looks to be in correct scale with the arms and chest box.

Wow, that's quite a vocabulary for a 4 year-old.

Erm... I was being sarcastic. He actually shouted, "Vader Vader Vader!!" and jumped up and down. He seemed quite happy with the figure, and he can't wait to try and take it all apart.

Too small for sure...hopefully it is the pic but I doubt it.

Going over my reference pics, the helmet is fine. Again, not the helmet or pic...it's the cape around the shoulders. It looks like they "poofed" the cape around the shoulders up a bit for the pic (possibly to give the statue more mass) when it should have been layed more flat. The cape gives the illusion that the body is bigger than it is in that pic.

Mini-Rock said:
Going over my reference pics, the helmet is fine. Again, not the helmet or pic...it's the cape around the shoulders. It looks like they "poofed" the cape around the shoulders up a bit for the pic (possibly to give the statue more mass) when it should have been layed more flat. The cape gives the illusion that the body is bigger than it is in that pic.

That is exactly what I have been seeing, the shoulders appear to have too much padding, I am hoping this will be an easy fix once it is in hand.

Another point to make is that in the pose he has his arms up holding his lightsaber out, one arm is up higher than the other and that arm has the cape drawn aroud it more which I think gives the illusion of broader shoulders ergo smaller head. In the reference picture Vader is standing straight up arms at his sides. Whether this could really make a difference or not is arguable, but I would say that since it is only a picture odds are its just a trick your optic nerve is playing on you. Besides, do you really think that sideshow would make a figure with a shrunken head?

Back