Custom Acrylic Cases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geil

Super Freak
Reaction score
Before I even got my first 1:6 I knew my true enemy was dust but The Tumbler really pushed me on to make something and in the last month I have successfully done so and here is what I have made so far.
You can find all the resources I used and my inputs through my blog to attempt on your own as well https://geilsblog.blogspot.com/

Update:
I have worked out most of the concerns I had so if you need a custom case please send me your size requirements and any ideas or desires and we can brainstorm something together :) Please PM me with your request details, email, address and postal code so I can also figure out the shipping cost
As for case details:
- Cell Cast Acrylic for better scratch resistance and glass like clarity
- All edges are polished for clarity
- 1/4" thickness for shipped items
- Local requests can benefit from thinner cheaper material and bend corners
- Will be shipped flat to save on shipping cost and prevent damages
- Panels are marked for final assembly and industrial grade transparent double sided tape is applied in preperation for final assembly
- Tape is extremely strong and creates a very strong final box perfect for this purpose as it is almost invisible
- Assembly can be performed by anyone with some patience
- Prices are reasonable and I will make them until I get tired of this hobby so act soon. Turns out laying out the cuts is a lot of effort :p

step1b.jpg

case4.jpg

Tumbler case is 1/4" and Batpod case is 3/16"
casebruce.jpg

Dimensions: 9.5'x9.5"x14" with 3/16" thick acrylic

shingle2.jpg

shingle4.jpg

shingle5.jpg

New pavement option :)

Last edited:
Re: Customs Acrylic Case Jamming session :p

thank you very much for the info!!! just have to find a place in australia that supplies these materials...

Wow, these are great !!!

Can I get a PM with pricing info on assembly from you please ??

thank you very much for the info!!! just have to find a place in australia that supplies these materials...

no problemo :) Yeah the toughest part I can't help you with is sourcing the stuff :p

Wow, these are great !!!

Can I get a PM with pricing info on assembly from you please ??

Are you in Toronto? I am only offering my services locally until I wrap my head around a better process. I really just started this and have no pricing info except for the above
The difficult part in offering my service is to keep the cost low. For now I think the only way to keep prices down is to try to make the same thing in multiples and optimize the usage of the panel. I will eventually make more styles and sizes (I want a double wide one so I can pose 2-3 figures together in the same scene most likely for my Terminator figures :)) But let's take it one step at a time. I want to make sure I do it right for everyone. But you are certainly welcome to throw your ideas at me but start cooking up those ideas :rotfl

Man these are EXCELLENT!!

I wish you were able to make a custom zied one and ship in to the UK though lol :(

Man these are EXCELLENT!!

I wish you were able to make a custom zied one and ship in to the UK though lol :(

I will hopefully make custom ones in another 2 weeks or so but you better off looking for a local solution or do it yourself :p
If you order stuff from toys2 maybe I can make stuff that ships with your order and safe you money :p

If you would consider making me one for that xwing and shipped to Southern California, i would be interested.

I will hopefully make custom ones in another 2 weeks or so but you better off looking for a local solution or do it yourself :p
If you order stuff from toys2 maybe I can make stuff that ships with your order and safe you money :p

Well, I think I'd be in for at least two custom cases when you make them :D

I am almost there :) So I had to make another case today for myself :D
tdki.jpg

batpod2.jpg

batpod1.jpg

This is the other case I was working on today for the terminator series, again not 1/4" but looks like I will be doing a few Tumbler cases in 1/4" first :p
marcus1.jpg

very nice, looks good with the box behind it.

Update:
Since I have been getting mostly requests from US even though I was going to go slow and do locals first I am opening this up to everyone. I have worked out shipping costs as well as most other factors and will update my main thread to give more details as to what I can do (which is really everything you can imagine but smaller than 34") but for smaller items I do want to standardize on certain designs e.g. the TDK or TS and maybe a few more as the margin is extremely slim as you can imagine, not even covering my tools so I would like to keep things simple to help me keep part of the weekends to myself and of cause my new found hobby :D .. oh and my wife of cause :p

I actually was going to start off slowly with only a session for locals in Toronto Canada but I have been getting a few requests for US anyways forcing me to look into all the other factors e.g shipping etc already. I just need to post the details and update my existing post.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1991673#post1991673
Shoot me your requirements, or even your ideas and we can discuss this further as well as your address, postal code and email so I can get you shipping cost as well as that tends to be quite a bit if you are needing larger cases :(

Thanks for your reply over on the DX Joker thread, Geil. I made a post including Hydeous' photo of the DX Joker base, and for the most part the case should fit around the outer edges to mimic the real-life movie prop displays that the DX base pays homage to:

Dark+Knight+movie+costumes+The+Joker.JPG

But unlike the actual real-life prop display, the case for the 1/6 DX base would fit completely over the base (I think that's the only feasible way).

Photo of the DX base (from Hydeous):
IMG_7330.jpg

In regards to total size, I think that'll have to wait until we actually get accurate measurements of the DX base. The case wouldn't need to be a tight fit around the edges of the base. I'd actually be able to use it for other 1/6 figures, since I don't plan on displaying the boxes with them.

I have sent you a pm with my info as you requested. And worry not, I'm not looking for large cases. Wouldn't want you to go through a lot of trouble.

Thanks, Geil. The stuff you've made is really great.

Thanks for your reply over on the DX Joker thread, Geil. I made a post including Hydeous' photo of the DX Joker base, and for the most part the case should fit around the outer edges to mimic the real-life movie prop displays that the DX base pays homage to:

Dark+Knight+movie+costumes+The+Joker.JPG

But unlike the actual real-life prop display, the case for the 1/6 DX base would fit completely over the base (I think that's the only feasible way).

Photo of the DX base (from Hydeous):
IMG_7330.jpg

In regards to total size, I think that'll have to wait until we actually get accurate measurements of the DX base. The case wouldn't need to be a tight fit around the edges of the base. I'd actually be able to use it for other 1/6 figures, since I don't plan on displaying the boxes with them.

I have sent you a pm with my info as you requested. And worry not, I'm not looking for large cases. Wouldn't want you to go through a lot of trouble.

Thanks, Geil. The stuff you've made is really great.

Oh that display is soooo cool!!!! Now I appreciate the base even more :D I think I am going to have to make one just for that stand myself!!! The only thing is again with the smaller case the poses will be very limited but then again Joker looks creepy in even that post :D So excited, cant stand waiting for the DX01
In general I like to make cases that are 1/4" larger than needed. I do not have the best tools so I like to have a tolerance of 1/4" to allow me to fix any flaws or mistakes to do. for me the most important part is avoid the box looking crooked and dimensions can always be worked around. But yeah if you intend to eventually use the case for other 1:6 I think the minimum dimensions that will look god is 13.5"x8"x7" But seriously this one might just be an exception to the norm... I better ask Hydeous to measuure that too lol

My first flat shippable case is finally done! See updates on first post. Hope you like it ;)

Back