Split customs into 2 forums?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the Customs forum be separated into Show your Work" and a "How to" sections ?

• Yes

Votes: 75 72.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • Some other new division (post idea below)

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Customs forum is growing and that's a good thing. Previously we'd split out the commissions, but I'm wondering if we want to split out the "Show your Work" threads from the "How do I do this" and the "where can I get this?" kind of threads.

What do you guys think?

Work in Progress section for showing sculpts, asking questions, Show your Work section for finsihed projects, I like it.

What was the problem with the commission seperation? Thats seemed a very logical way to seperate a large chunk of it.

I do like the idea of a Q and A forum.

But I don't think WIP belong with those. WIPs and Finished work should stay together in one place. You'll end up doubling the threads if someone creates a "WIP- The Beatles thread" in one forum and then the finished work gets a "Finished- The Beatles" in the other.

Last edited:
I like the way it is now but I guess you could have another thread devoted to how to.

Last edited:
I say split them. One forum for chucky17. One forum for the rest of us.

Normally, I'm very opposed to new ways to segregate the forum. But in this case, I'd actually propose 3 sections: "Show Your Work", "How-To", and "Commissions."

I'm really only here to see people's work and get advice, but it's really hard to wade through all the commissions crap. I know it probably won't happen because it's kind of a grey area you probably don't want to "officially" acknowledge, but it would go a long way to making the customs section useful and fun again.

Last edited:
I'm pretty new here, so my input might not matter as much, but I think it should be split, one for customs/WIP's, and one for tips/where to find items, etc.

When I finally get my loft built out, and turn it into my display room, and to have space to actually make stuff, I'll be more active though. :D

I think there should be two section should since a lot of the tutorial topics are being buried by the commision request, finished bashes, ''looking for parts'', and wip custom threads

Unless we go Deckard's route and replace the whole thing with a golf course, my vote is to keep things as they are.
I don't mind progress, but I'm averse to change.
p.s. I'm old, what was the question again?

If anything, I'd like it if the threads with PICTURES of WIP & finished projects were kept divided from everything else with no pictures of custom work. That way it would be both easier to find & see stuff. The 'general resources & questions' section could include the 'speculation' threads as well so those wanting see work don't have to wade through the "I need people to sign up to commission a sculpt" or "Have you ever seen customs of character 'x'?" or "How do I customize this head/body?" threads that have nothing to show.

Also, there are so many sticky threads at the top that take up space, perhaps those can be in the non-picture 'resources/questions' section only so more work can stay on page 1 of the stuff w/ pictures section?

Last edited:
i dont know if that is the answer or not. i do know that the customs section is not the same as it used to be. it once had a tighter knit feeling to it that seems to have gotten buried and displaced with the amount of commissions. but i will say that expansion has brought us some damn fine talent to the board that simply amazes me.
so a separate section for commissions, how to, & a just for fun (show off) may work. :dunno

Yes, the forum should be separate in 2...Elvis1976's customs in one part...:woo and all the other customizers in the other forum..:monkey4

Normally, I'm very opposed to new ways to segregate the forum. But in this case, I'd actually propose 3 sections: "Show Your Work", "How-To", and "Commissions."

I like those, but I need to say, as much as I DO like the fact a special customs section has been made in Star Wars, I don't like the fact it's not also down here in the commissions area as well with another "entrance" to it, as it were. New people here would completely miss it.

It's fun seperating topics. I can see seperate custom sections down here for "show your work":

Indy, Doctor Who, Horror, Aliens/Pred, superheroes, Those Smelly Apes, Whedonverse--- it makes it easier to find those customs if say you were looking for just Indy customs if they were all piled in one section instead of lookig through 126 pages.

Back