Freaking Fed Ex! I want my Obi-Wan!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
I cannot take off work for every statue to be delievered. I have SIGNED permission for them to leave my packages on the door step. However, they decided to ignore that today and e-mailed me saying they could not complete delivery due to me not being home. Yeah, I WORK you tools! Why don't you obey instructions or deliver at 7pm when I am actually home. People DO work you know.

Sorry for the rant and I know this thread was not "needed" but I am totally pissed here. They have left my stuff EVERY other time until today. Morons!

Have Sideshow deliver to your work. That's what I do - we have a mail room and everything, and I never get a shipment refused now. I had the same problem, and the Fed-Ex facility is 30 miles away, I don't even want to contemplate driving there to pick up something that was supposed to be delivered to my door.

yeah, my Fed Ex facility is about 35-40 miles away and I am not making the drive. At my work we have no one that sits by the LOCKED front door so they could miss me there very easy.

I called SS and they said I can fax a form for EVERY order over $100 so they won't require a signature and it can be left, but that does not help me for Obi-Wan.

Looks like I will have to totally WASTE a day off tomorrow to sit home and wait for him. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Avoid the hassle and aggrevation and get it delivered to your work. Makes life a lot easier.

I've learned not to expect much from FedEx. Sorry, but you had to know I would join in on a FedEx bashing thread!

Delivery exception

Same thing happened to me today. <sigh>

Agent0028 said:
I've learned not to expect much from FedEx. Sorry, but you had to know I would join in on a FedEx bashing thread!

Did somebody say Fedex bashing thread? :D

UPS is very good about tucking my packages around the corner of the front porch so that they are out of direct view from the street. Fedex likes to leave them in plain sight. I am glad that they require a signature, actually. There's no way that I would want these things left sitting around.

PLUS, when they have tried to deliver my packages to somebody in the wrong city/state, the signature forces them to catch their mistake. Rather than just getting dropped off on somebody's porch, the (hopefully honest) would-be-signer points out the error and the package gets rerouted.

Me too. Waited around all day for FedEx, left for 2 hours in the afternoon to pick up my daughter from school and buy some milk and guess when FedEx shows up?

Tommorow, I have to leave 2 hours in the morning, guess when FedEx will probably come?

Yeah, I remember when I got my PF Demon Freddy... Damn FedEx left it in plain sight in front of my door. Doesn't sound bad until you realize that I live in an apartment complex right next to a main road in Gainesville. All kinds of rough crazies walk down that street, and all they had to do was look to their left to see this huge brown box sitting there.... just waiting to be stolen.

To top it all off, that day was one of the few days that I was not home until really late, so they had a LOT of time to steal it. It was delivered at 2:00 PM, I got home.... at 10:30 PM. :horror

dumbasses :censored

tomandshell said:
UPS is very good about tucking my packages around the corner of the front porch so that they are out of direct view from the street. Fedex likes to leave them in plain sight. I am glad that they require a signature, actually. There's no way that I would want these things left sitting around.

That's why I left a note..two actually. I live on the second floor (apartment) of a house, so my entrance is around the back and up a flight of stairs. Assuming there was a chance that FedEx wouldn't be bright enough to realize that, I put another note on my mailbox, which is on my downstairs neighbors' porch. Both notes asked them to put it in the left hand corner out of sight.

I was home for most of the afternoon, and they ended up delivering in the 30 minutes I was gone. Thankfully, the note worked, and it was tucked away from any kind of street view.

KitFisto said:
I cannot take off work for every statue to be delievered. I have SIGNED permission for them to leave my packages on the door step.

The shipper can state that the signed permission on file at FedEx is not permissible. I believe Sideshow does this, so it really doesn't matter what you have on file unless the driver overlooks it.

I also have the EXACT same problem, since the signature delivery creates a major problem for me. There's never anyone at home when my packages get delivered. It is a major headache, and actually causes me to order from Sideshow less because of it. I would rather risk that my package get stolen (extremely unlikely), than to deal with arranging to pickup the package each time. Add in the fact that I work about 60 hours a week, and it's even harder to find a time to get to the FedEx depot when they're still open (I'm at work when they are open).

well... i think we should start refering them as FedUp instead. sounds more like how some of you feel about them.

Oh my golly Tom, out of the problems I've had with FedEx I've yet to have them try to deliver to the wrong house (that I know of, where good old GW was for the 48 hours after he was supposedly delivered I dunno) but if that did happen, I think I would have heart failure, especially if it were a PF!

As for calling them FedUp, I'm all for it. :lol

You know, I once had a shipment of live animals lost for 4 days, then they magically were sat on my front porch by Mr. UPS. Almost had a stroke, so I know what's it's like to have shipping problems...............
theverse

I have an arrangement with my regular FedEx guy, but sometimes there's a substitute who insists on leaving the little notes. But luckily my guy was working today and on this rainy LA day he even used the plastic bag I left him to protect my Obi-Wan box on his final delivery attempt.

oh, and Obi is awesome!

I took the day off and am sitting home waiting for him. Which mean FedEx will probably get here after 5pm when my fiance will be home from work already.

I talked to SS and they said I can sign and fax them a form and they won't require a signature next time, but I have to do it for EVERY order over $100 instead of just keeping 1 master copy signed and on file. In this case I am a little annoyed with SS. If I sign a waiver and give permission I think one master copy should be enough instead of having to do resign and refax with different order number EVERY time.....oh well. At least I am home to get Obi today!

Not puppies, water turtles! Used to be a big reptile keeper, until I was introduced to SSC...........but yes, poor turtles................
theverse

What about requesting an evening delivery when you place your order? For me, FedEx doesn't normally come until after 4 or so and no one is usually home until 4:30 or 5. I'm thinking about seeing if they can hold off delivery until after 5:30.

theverse said:
Not puppies, water turtles! Used to be a big reptile keeper, until I was introduced to SSC...........but yes, poor turtles................
theverse

Hey very cool, me too; though I was more fond of boas and pythons (I was a breeder). All we have left is an African Spur-Thighed.

Anyway, back to FedSucks; it really is hit and miss with me. I have a regular driver who like clockwork comes about 9:30-10 on the days I am expecting something. Then I have a less-than-stellar driver who won't get out of the car if our drivethrough gate isn't open ... :monkey4

Funny thing is, I think I have only signed for 2-3 packages, I should have had to for about 10. :horror

Back