Satipo 1/6 completed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

Well finally completed him and kept him fully articulated which is different for me but I could get use to doing figures this way.

RECIPE
1: Satipo - The head is from the 12" Doc Ock figure and the body and hands are from Soldier Story, the shoes, trousers and belt and holster are from Sideshow ROTLA Indy.

The jacket (WW2) and singlet (Modern) are from Dragon, I used model knife and heavy grade sandpaper to give the jacket a really worn feel and did the same to the pants but only minor worn feel.

2: Basket and Equipment - I got frustrated trying to find a cane basket so I made my own it's not movie accurate but I think it came out really well.
I used a toilet roll and cut to size and then used packing string (the white type), I wrapped it around the roll and then used PVA/woodglue to keep it inplace.

The carry brace was made from balsa wood and the shoulder straps are from my 1/6 bits box, the inner lining of the basket was done using left over material and glued inplace.
Some of the utensils are from some Geman WW2 food canisters and wattle bottle, the cup is from a WW2 figure and the pan or skillet is made from a Games Workshop paint lid and plasti card.

The bed roll is again left over material and tied up using model Ship sailing robe. The torches are made using handles from two German intrenching tools.
The torch section themselves are from old plastic model knife containers that you get the spare blades in and the interior of the torches are pieces of plasticard and tissue paper.

3: Base - The base is a Indiana Jones stand and has plater of Pris and sculpty clay added for the ground work, the soil is mulched up dirt/bark from the garden and the plants are from the local pet shop.

Once I was happy with the overall look and feel I used Vallejo, Reaper, GW paints and chalk pastels to paint and weather the entire thing.

Nice Ron..... still haven't even stripped my Ock head.... yesterday was the first time in months I sat down at the work bench... ( of course it was making belts for someone else... one of these days I'll complete my own projects !! when I retire)

This looks great.. nice job on the pack too !

That's awesome! Pack really makes him.

This line is growing by the day! I can't wait for someone to post the SS figures along with all the new customs.

Very nice fig Hemble and that pack is simply amazing. I always like your stands too

I just finished my Satipo. Should I put pics here or make a new thread? I dont wanna intrude on yours.

Last edited:
Ill gladly move these to a separate thread, but I couldnt wait, I have to leave for a while so here they are

Hi All

Guys thanks heaps on the comments always great to hear your input.

mfisher - mate I know how you fill been out field last few weeks so that's why I haven't done any customs of late.

Wor-Gar - Yeah this board is getting better and better with all the awesome customs that are getting around.

Earl Weber -Mate leave him here I have no worries with that and your Satipo looks great and the pics with Indy are amazing.

Ron

Killer -- two custom Sapito/Satipos!

I really want to make one now. Gotta find Doc Ock!

We all gotta figure out how to get a Monkey Man going!

Back