Sideshow Collectibles X Hot Toys - Star Wars Collaboration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
empty_wallet_2.jpeg

284561_10150239180092344_58690437343_7663533_5752226_n.jpg

Amid highest anticipation, we are morethan proud to announce our most exciting & unique collaboration with ourlong-term partner Sideshow Collectibles on the Star Wars saga! Fans can get thefirst glimpse of our DX Bespin Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure at theSideshow’s booth (booth # 1929) at San Diego Comic-Con soon!

Sideshow Collectibles X Hot Toys

Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys areproud to announce a unique collaboration, a union of talent andartistic vision aimed at bringing the very best products to life in 1:6Scale. Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys have worked together successfullyfor many years, supporting one another with shared licensingopportunities, global distribution support, customer service, and of course, creative collaborations. To further the unique relationship the two companies have, thetwo have come together in a way that best utilizes the strengths ofeach, redefining the boundaries and potential of their joint efforts.

"This is an exciting evolution ofthe natural relationship between Sideshow and Hot Toys, and an excitingdevelopment for collectors," explains Greg Anzalone, CEO & President of Sideshow Collectibles. "For the first time ever, our two companies will be workingsimultaneously on complementary products for key properties, includingStar Wars, Indiana Jones, DC, Marvel, and others. It's a refreshingway for us to look at the collectibles business, bridging the creative powersof artists around the globe, so that we can bring to life many excitingnew products."

"This is a very exciting collaboration between our long-term partner, Sideshow, and us. As a Star Wars super-fan,it is my dream to produce the 1:6th scale collectible figures ofthe Star Wars saga. We would like to express our gratitude to the Sideshow team, especially Greg, Tom and Brant to give us this valuable opportunity tobring the Star Wars property to the 1/6th scale world. We hopethat this collaboration will bring about a new landscape in the collectible industryfor truly unveiling our realistic likeness and detailed craftsmanship, andwe are looking forward to bringing about more exciting productsthrough this collaboration to our collectors in the near future", said Howard Chan, Founder & CEO of Hot Toys Limited.

Collectors will get their first glimpseof the new collaborative efforts at San Diego Comic-Con International, July20 - 24 in San Diego, California. Attendees will be able to get theirfirst view of Hot Toys' DX Bespin Luke Skywalker Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure, as well as Sideshow's Indiana Jones Map Room Sixth Scale FigureEnvironment. The Hot Toys' Bespin Luke will be displayed alongside Sideshow's newestSixth Scale Figures, including Boba Fett, IG-88, General Grievous, andmuch more. The Sideshow Map Room Environment will be displayed with HotToys' Indiana Jones figure,
featuring his cairo disguise costume, true to the famous film scene.

"Our goal is to allow collectors tobe able to recreate their favorite scenes from some of the greatest filmsfrom past and present, using tremendously detailed and highlyarticulated figure collectibles and environments from both Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys," explains, Tom Gilliland, Sideshow CreativeDirector. "It's an exciting time for both
of our companies and I suspect forcollectors as well. We're inspired to move forward in this unique way and tofurther build on the artistic legacy of what what we have created todate."

For full coverage of San Diego Comic-ConInternational, as well as the opportunity to pre-order the newestcollectible products, please visit www.SideshowCollectibles.com.

While exciting, I'll probably skip the Hot Toys line. Way too expensive.

BESPIUN LUKE IN DX FORM!!!! plus Boba, and General Grievous at SDCC!!!!! holy crap!!!

While exciting, I'll probably skip the Hot Toys line. Way too expensive.

did you see how much SS Zartan is? that's pretty much HT standard price. IG-88 is also around a typical price for a HT figure

Smart move on Sideshows part. If you can't beat the enemy...;)

Great news indeed, can't wait to see what they came out with.

"For the first time ever, our two companies will be working simultaneously on complementary products for key properties, including Star Wars, Indiana Jones, DC, Marvel, and others."

Please be a Marvel 12" comic line be involved to go with the DC line!!!!

This announcement puts the nail in the coffin for my statue collecting days though. Space and wallet can only support so many lines and the 1/6 stuff has just been improving by leaps and bounds.

Im so excited bespin luke dx, boba fett and preordering ig-88 in the same day, dreams do come true lol

I was about to get into some other HT lines, but if this one is fruitful, I know where my money's going. :panic:

Wow, this is 1/6 overload!

I'm happy, but now I have to choose which one of these I'm going to get 'cause there's no way I can afford them all. :(

This is great. I will gladly buy anything HT has to offer with the SW range including reissues! :rock

Overload yes... HT has been announcing many of the figures/properties people have been losing hope on.

"For the first time ever, our two companies will be working simultaneously on complementary products for key properties, including Star Wars, Indiana Jones, DC, Marvel, and others."

Dear Greg Anzalone,

jurassic-park-6-jeff-goldblum-dr-ian-malcolm.jpg

"Son of a _____... you did it."

:clap :rock :clap :rock

BESPIUN LUKE IN DX FORM!!!! plus Boba, and General Grievous at SDCC!!!!! holy crap!!!

did you see how much SS Zartan is? that's pretty much HT standard price. IG-88 is also around a typical price for a HT figure

I may change my mind after I see the figures... But I'm not made of money!

Back