1/6 ALIEN QUEEN: would NECA do it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zabrak Nut

Freaked Out
Reaction score
This isn't a new idea of mine, but it is one I'm more confident in since reading about the successful sales of NECA's 1/4 scale Preds.
Also, having them in-hand and the QC seems to have improved drastically, as has been discussed.

There's still a very decent chance that they will make a 1/12 (6") Queen from ALIENS anyway, and since they have been basing their larger scales off of the smaller production models, it would be something realistic - whereas most of us have all but given up on Hot Toys making a 6th scale Queen to go with their beautiful Power Loader :monkey2

NECA also appreciates feedback and fan requests, and works well with small businesses. What are everyone's thoughts?

You will never get a 1:6 NECA Queen. You will never get a 1:6 Predator, or Alien from NECA.

A 1:6 HT Queen would even be worse than a NECA version too.

Not only would it be far less accurate, but it would be a $700-$1000 pile of deteriorating rubber.

:ignore:Well that is an argument.

Technically the up-and-coming General Grievous could fall apart in our hands, but things have changed a LOT in the past year or two.

Sideshow and Hot Toys working directly with each other on a consistent basis is a fantastic business opportunity, and a collector's dream.

This is how this discussion works: Hot Toys learns from their past mistakes, and Sideshow has valuable input.
NECA's quality control is much better, and they came out with the online-exclusive 1/12 Balrog figure.
It would be so foolish to cover the whole Queen in rubber that that part of the argument is over for me. The price... that's the big problem. I'd pay a lot for something that looks like the busts released... but I don't buy statues... which is my problem. I like articulation, and that will never change.

Could've sworn there have been at least three other threads like this made since I joined...

yes, NECA will definitely invest hundreds of thousands of $$ to make a 32 inch tall queen. then they will make it an affordable toy out of the kindness of their hearts. and the scrawny plastic legs will never ever break when it's just sitting on the shelf, or when you're making it fight your pro wrestler toys. just remember to send that letter to Santa soon so you can get it in time for xmas. it's gonna be awesome.

there, now this topic never needs to be posted again.

LOL, couldn't find them. :dunnoI mean, I didn't look for an hour, but for a while anyway.

I guess everyone's sick of hearing about it, or for hoping. Can't tell which.
This thread isn't about Hot Toys doing it, it's NECA-specific.
If I remember, a 1:1 Queen is 14 feet tall, standing straight (not hunched like a Sauropod).
That's 28 inches of solid plastic. There's no reason we couldn't have hollow pieces in the upper-body, though. Only the legs need to be indestructible. I just would like a detailed discussion of the different materials that could be used, and the casting process for the body, head, and legs. :pray:The tail is the easiest, imo. Bendy as always, thick and a great counter-weight.

there, now this topic never needs to be posted again.

I guess it's just too bad a company ever considered it (HOT TOYS, I'm looking at you).

I suppose I'm just blowing hot air around, since companies already know it's been talked about. At least everything Star Wars is awesome, and always will be forever.
The high-end market is just now coming into the level of quality I expected it to be back when I wasn't apart of it.

A lot of 6th scale figures that are only a few years old look aged in comparison to the skin textures and reinforced bodies that we're getting. NECA claims to be such fans of the franchise that I thought they might be bold enough, even if it's not something for the very near future. They certainly liked LOTR's enough, but then I guess everyone did. Apples and oranges:monkey2 the Balrog was easier, but it was still bold.

Last edited:
you're right. NECA doesn't want to make it because they're mean. you should totally send a letter to those poopy-heads filled with flawless logic and a deep understanding of economics and figure manufacturing. and if that doesn't work, there's always Santa's workshop.

Ahem. The difference in height between a 24 or 28" figure and a 32" is significant. NECA wouldn't, I guess... charge us over $120 for their products.
Now that that's out of the way, apparently it's going to be too expensive for NECA to even sculpt a 7" Queen. Hooray.

Randy Falk had mentioned in an interview "how cool!" it would be to have a 6-7" scale Queen, deliberately ignoring the fact that McFarlane had even produced one in the first place.
That was neat, and now I'm not sure why (the market?) a 14-16" Queen would be too expensive for them.

Now for Hot Toys' discussion (which has been done to death): I've never seen the Predalien in-person. I'm actually weirded out that it sold as well as it did, however. My opinion aside, it was a truly impressive piece. I'm waiting to see how Grievous turns out, but I can't imagine these DROID pieces are cheap or easy.
ON_TOPIC: I have a detailed solution to the legs of a potential Queen. Unfortunately, it involves having a pair of switch-out legs for either side. If no one wants to hear it, that's cool.
But my response is ultimately this, dude: the problem is MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

awesome! personally, i'm stoked that it's only gonna be $120. i'm gonna get like 10 of these things and have them battle my Inhumanoids figures.

They might, but they wouldn't top McFarlane. I'm envisioning a good sculpt with awful, thick, sloppy paint.

They might, but they wouldn't top McFarlane. I'm envisioning a good sculpt with awful, thick, sloppy paint.

They did a great job on the 1/4 Pred, man. We'll see about the up-and-coming "Gort" this holiday season, but I'd imagine they'll be able to continue doing things right.
& Don't forget there are ex-McFarlane employees working there as well.

Their Dead Space 2 Figs were very good QC wise, I don't think their ALIENS warrior had too many issues, and they're doing alright with the Gears line as well.
It's all about the announcement of a 15-16" Queen to go with our drones. If that doesn't happen we simply scrap this idea and wait five to ten years for Hot Toys. They should get SS to do just the legs if it comes down to that... statue legs with a figure body. Mixed media is the only way to go.:wink1:

And they did a ____ty job on the new Terminator figures, and I don't have a 7-inch predator from them without ____ed up eyes. They're really hit or miss.

It's STILL worth seeing their version of a 7-inch Queen.
From the way Randy Falk talks, as a fan, I honestly feel like they wouldn't even attempt one unless they new they had their QC where they needed it. Embarrassing themselves with HER would be a very bad step.

I'm being optimistic here, which actually isn't something I'm great at. But... It could happen.

I see the way you Zabrak Nut.
Thats a Alien Queen ists impossible, its nonsense.
Neca was a 22 "Alien, a 19" Predator and a Balrog.
McFarlane made ​​two queens.

Neca must make a queen.

I do not understand where the problem is.

Tankman faces is a fabulous sculpt and the painting is not as complicated as the Predator.

I don't believe Neca has the 1/6 license for Aliens (I'm pretty sure it includes the queen)

I see the way you Zabrak Nut.
Thats a Alien Queen ists impossible, its nonsense.
Neca was a 22 "Alien, a 19" Predator and a Balrog.
McFarlane made ​​two queens.

Neca must make a queen.

I do not understand where the problem is.

Tankman faces is a fabulous sculpt and the painting is not as complicated as the Predator.

Thank you Rider. Demorathis does have his point - they do NOT have the 1/6 license for the ALIENS film.
That being said, if they called the Queen sculpt an 18" QUEEN or 24" (ah, copyrights and the legal system, so many holes) they might be just fine. I mean, they didn't have the rights to make 6" Scale LOTR figures, did they?
Yet they were able to make their "Epic Scale" figures, which included a Balrog that just *happened* to be in perfect scale with ToyBiz's figures (I miss that company, too...)

Back