Beetlejuice 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to the film. I hope we get some good merchandise. Maybe a toy line like the old kenner one. Some collectibles would be nice too. I wonder if Inarts and HT going to make a BJ figure?

The trailer made me feel nothing.
As much as I like Beetlejuice, I'm not sure I want to see the aging actors return in a sequel all these years later, and current Tim Burton is just not the same.
Hope it turns out decent.

Last edited:
The trailer made my feel nothing.
As much as I like Beetlejuice, I'm not sure I want to see the aging actors return in a sequel all these years later, and current Tim Burton is just not the same.
Hope it turns out decent.
Fair.

I've felt this way about a lot of "old men" returning to a role they can't reclaim the glory from years later.

Makeup and character with that for me. It's still Keaton giving his BJ through it. Without seeing how old he actually is. Idk, on this one, I'm good with it.

For example

New Deadpool/Wolverine.

I'm over Deadpool comedy.

And Mr Wolverine looks out of his element trying to reclaim this role. The entire premise of the film is just bleh to me.

Unpopular opinion I know. I still hope it does well tho. Fans need a win lately.

Fair.

I've felt this way about a lot of "old men" returning to a role they can't reclaim the glory from years later.

Makeup and character with that for me. It's still Keaton giving his BJ through it. Without seeing how old he actually is. Idk, on this one, I'm good with it.

For example

New Deadpool/Wolverine.

And Mr Wolverine looks out of his element trying to reclaim this role. The entire premise of the film is just bleh to me.

Unpopular opinion I know. I still hope it does well tho. Fans need a win lately.
Yea , I agree.
Flash was an ok watch on vacation, but Keaton felt like he phoned that in.

Yea , I agree.
Flash was an ok watch on vacation, but Keaton felt like he phoned that in.
Yep. He definitely phoned it in. That was not 89 Bruce. Even at that older age. Enjoyed seeing him "89 Batman" the hell out of the action scenes tho. Even if was mostly CGI.

Ignoring nostalgia, that version of Batman just has an amazing presence on screen to me.

Fair.

For example

New Deadpool/Wolverine.

The makeup is sure to help but Keaton will struggle to match the energy he had in the first one.

The makeup is sure to help but Keaton will struggle to match the energy he had in the first one.
So you expect a 1:1 recreation of a 1988 performance and anything less than that is..

meh?

Is that what you're saying? Because you're obviously not getting that. For extremely obvious reasons.

So you expect a 1:1 recreation of a 1988 performance and anything less than that is..

meh?

Is that what you're saying? Because you're obviously not getting that. For extremely obvious reasons.
No of course I'm not expectimg that.
My point was about the makeup hiding his age somewhat but he can't have the energy he had when he was younger, therefore there's no getting away from the fact he's now an elderly man, which goes to my previous post that I don't want to see Keaton going back to his old roles that he simply can't do properly in his old age.
There's the fact that Beetlejuice is already dead and shouldn't age.

There's also the issue that frankly, Tim Burton is not the director he once was and has produced poor work for years.

The trailer shows Beetlejuice doing his usual shtick but in old man slow motion, Winona is wearing pretty much the same costume, all the little call backs to the first one. By necessity they need to do something different, not mine the same old stuff but with pensioners this time.

No of course I'm not expectimg that.
My point was about the makeup hiding his age somewhat but he can't have the energy he had when he was younger, therefore there's no getting away from the fact he's now an elderly man, which goes to my previous post that I don't want to see Keaton going back to his old roles that he simply can't do properly in his old age.
There's the fact that Beetlejuice is already dead and shouldn't age.

There's also the issue that frankly, Tim Burton is not the director he once was and has produced poor work for years.

The trailer shows Beetlejuice doing his usual shtick but in old man slow motion, Winona is wearing pretty much the same costume, all the little call backs to the first one. By necessity they need to do something different, not mine the same old stuff but with pensioners this time.
Winona cannot , and never could act.....

There's that also.

Back