My first custom: Hoth Han Solo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALongTimeAgo

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am relatively new here and I have been planning on putting together my first custom. Originally, I chose to make a custom ANH Han Solo, but then I decided to work on a figure that Sideshow has yet to give us...Hoth Han Solo.

I started out with a SS Bespin Han Solo and a Hasbro Hoth Han Solo. I did a lot of research and looked at many peoples versions and I think I have a lot to live up to because some are AWESOME.

I didnt start taking pics of the figure until now, so bear with me.

I took the cuffs off the Hasbro Hoth coat and took the elastic out of the inside. I also tightened up the pants and added some elastic to the cuffs so that the pants wouldnt bunch up when the boots were put on. And speaking of the boots, I repainted them and added some elastic to make them look more authentic.

1000000433.jpg

1000000430.jpg

1000000431.jpg

1000000432.jpg

After cutting the cuffs off the Hasbro coat, I decided to make my own cuffs.

1000000434.jpg

I also got rid of the Hasbro goggles and got a more accurate set. I also cut the radio off the Hasbro hat and repainted it.

1000000435.jpg

Heres what I am planning for the future: Gloves and hat. I am going to find a pair of decent gloves and do some work to a German Mountain trooper hat to make a nice Hoth hat.

I am also considering finding a way to iron out the coat to get rid of the wrinkles from the elastic and lengthening the belt/holster.

I think it is looking decent so far....what does everyone think?

Last edited:
it looks like this board won't let the images load cuz you have a "censored" word in the links. that's why it displays as a dashed line in your links.

Back