PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah, I have the same case, or rather an older version. I had to put electrical tape over the blue LED. It's so freakin bright.

Do you just use one large monitor? I've been using two monitors for such a long time, but it seems like people are moving, or have already moved, to a single larger monitor, but it feels less efficient to me. I just like the idea of using one monitor for one task, and the other for another task. Not sure I could get used to a single monitor.

Yeah, I just have a soft-spot for Fractal's old silent cases. They're heavy and well-built - somewhat reminiscent of the generic ATX metal cases from the 90s. I always appreciated that aesthetic. In fact, I was surprised to see the that the R5 is still selling at Newegg and Amazon so many years later!

I'm using a single 27 inch Acer Predator 144Hz G-sync monitor. I've never personally found a scenario where I'd need more than one screen, although I've heard that multiple monitor setups help greatly with large workflows. What monitors are you using?

Yeah, the Fractal case was recommended in the build guide that I was using at the time, it's been 10+ years. When so many of the other cases had windows or some other gimmick, that was just about the only one that was plain and simple.

For the monitors, I was using two older Dells, couldn't tell you the name. They're IPS monitors, and I really like them because the colors seem pretty accurate. I do a lot of graphic design, so I have one monitor be my design software and the other is the document I'm referencing.

Work sent me replacement monitors, since the ones I have are so old they don't have HDMI ports to connect to my work laptop, but the ones they sent me are pretty cheap Dells with black that are dark grey, and it seems to push warm, and I can't seem to fix it. Work offers a stipend to upgrade WFH equipment, so I've been thinking about upgrading my own monitors, but the stipend isn't enough for two monitors, but is enough for one. Decisions, decisions ...

Back