Rocky series documentary - on BIO and A&E

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Rocky Saga: Going the Distance - on BIO and A&E

I enjoyed it as well. Seemed like Frank was more an expert on Rockey than Sly though. :lol

Frank is fantastic and has some great stories. I only had about an hour with Sly whereas I think I spent about 2 1/2 with Frank, so more of his stuff made it in.

Frank is fantastic and has some great stories. I only had about an hour with Sly whereas I think I spent about 2 1/2 with Frank, so more of his stuff made it in.

It was still a great doc regardless. The wife has little interest in Rocky (probably because every time it's on I don't allow her to change the channel), but she actually enjoyed it as well. Any hints on upcoming stuff?

It was still a great doc regardless. The wife has little interest in Rocky (probably because every time it's on I don't allow her to change the channel), but she actually enjoyed it as well. Any hints on upcoming stuff?

No hints - probably the next thing I'll be doing are more ChillerTV specials.

Something like the Rocky doc would be interesting for the Lethal Weapon series. Though not nearly as epic, I'm sure it'd give fans a reason to remember why they liked Mel. :lol

Last edited:
So, I FINALLY got a chance to watch this doc and I was very impressed. It left me with a warm feeling, though it would have been nice to see Mr. T and Talia Shire be involved as well.

The ending really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, right when I thought I was about to cry, they slipped in the scene with Thunderlips throwing Rocky into the crowd and you could not help but laugh. I am so glad they had the opportunity to make Rocky Balboa; it's def. one of my faves.

If anyone knows where on the internet i can watch this,any help would be appreciated :)

Dave, that was a great documentary on Rocky, I wish stuff like that happened more often with films.

A couple points i'm curious about, if they came up in the interviews and such, as i know not everything will have made it in the show.

- Was it discussed at all why Bill Conti didn't score Rocky 4?

- Was it discussed how they kept the Rocky statue up and not just for the movies?

Dave, that was a great documentary on Rocky, I wish stuff like that happened more often with films.

A couple points i'm curious about, if they came up in the interviews and such, as i know not everything will have made it in the show.

- Was it discussed at all why Bill Conti didn't score Rocky 4?

- Was it discussed how they kept the Rocky statue up and not just for the movies?

Regarding scoring Rocky 4 - Conti didn't know why he wasn't asked to do 4, but he did say that Stallone told him that it had been a mistake. That's why Conti was brought back for 5.

There's actually a short extra film on the website about the statue:
https://www.biography.com/tv/biochannel-special/videos/the-rocky-saga-going-the-distance-the-stairs-2181636872

There are a total of 5 of these supplements on the BIO site. They are new information that isn't in the show.

Back