ThreeZero RAMBO: First Blood Part II - 1/6th scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it's blasphemous to Rambo fans but I've decided to stick with just one Rambo figure and I'm going with Part III - it's probably like having a Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines Arnie T800 (if there was one) and skipping T1 and T2.
I think you are correct in your analysis.

I'm sure it's blasphemous to Rambo fans but I've decided to stick with just one Rambo figure and I'm going with Part III - it's probably like having a Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines Arnie T800 (if there was one) and skipping T1 and T2.
That said part III is the only Threezero Rambo built from the ground up to be accurate to the movie. Imo quality and accuracy of the figure is just as important if not more so for me that the quality of the specific entry. So yeh I’m in the same boat sticking to just part III for now

I can understand that though a-dev. The Part III Threezero figure is amazing. It's one of those figures that is so great I'm tempted to pick one up myself despite not being a huge fan of the third movie.

That said part III is the only Threezero Rambo built from the ground up to be accurate to the movie. Imo quality and accuracy of the figure is just as important if not more so for me that the quality of the specific entry. So yeh I’m in the same boat sticking to just part III for now
That in fact is part of my thinking. They've used the same body for all 3 figures but it's only accurate for the third film right? And I dunno, the facial likeness seems better. I have the First Blood figure and the headsculpt isn't quite as nice IMO. The clothes are well done and nicely weathered but I think it's fair to say that, in terms of the overall look, his later appearances in black combat gear came to be more widely associated with the character. So these are all the reasons I've still got Rambo III on display but boxed up the First Blood figure. And the Rambo II figure is too similar to the III to warrant a purchase from me.

That in fact is part of my thinking. They've used the same body for all 3 figures but it's only accurate for the third film right? And I dunno, the facial likeness seems better. I have the First Blood figure and the headsculpt isn't quite as nice IMO. The clothes are well done and nicely weathered but I think it's fair to say that, in terms of the overall look, his later appearances in black combat gear came to be more widely associated with the character. So these are all the reasons I've still got Rambo III on display but boxed up the First Blood figure. And the Rambo II figure is too similar to the III to warrant a purchase from me.
Yeh the body is only accurate to part III, and i am pretty sure it was designed specifically for the longer hair of part III in mind. Can’t say about in person since I never owned them but in the promo pics something looks very off in the neck area from certain angles so il stick with what I got even if I prefer the red bandana and part II boots.

That said if I didn’t stick with one version of a character per shelf I’d definitely pick up one of the others

Rambo is currently chilling with Dutch, Wick and Myers

Nah it's not, Rambo III is an awesome action movie and part of the original trilogy. He looks just as iconic in 3 as he does in 2.

Nah it's not, Rambo III is an awesome action movie and part of the original trilogy. He looks just as iconic in 3 as he does in 2.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Lol GIF by Laff
:chase

Actually, I agree. Rambo 3 was peak Stallone as far as his 80's image.

Threezero did a fantastic job on their rambo figures. Just the bodies are the downside. Slystore rambo looks nothing like Sly.
Yeah, Sly Shop Rambo has the most odd looking "likeness" I think I've ever seen in a sculpt. I've always found it odd how folks swear it's a spitting image of Stallone from that film.

I think it captures the sorrow in the character. However, the sculpt and paint are from a bygone era and not in a good way.
I will give it that in person it is better.

Back