WGP "Sci fi" electric, modular dio range

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been on the forum for years, and anyone who has the misfortune to listen to me even a little bit at one point or another has knows I have been obsessed with making a 1:6 space station for a multi-level book case display... but myself am without talent. Which is why it is GREAT being a partner in sculpting studio (laugh). It will be made up of exterior hallways and interior rooms, each part sold separately do you can configure your base to your own plans, your own space, or let each section be stand alone.

The first planned piece from us is a main set piece- a sci-fi doorway.
AUG2011reddoorway.jpg

The doorway is scaled to fit in a detolf, planned around 13" high and 12" wide. The door is recessed for cover in gun battles, hiding aliens in wait, heroes hurrying to jerry-rig the door open, etc. The red lights will be electric if you want the alarms at red alert. The area sign will be light up, and switchable to make your doorway a junction to another level, and air lock, the entrance to a bio lab, and elevator, etc, all at your discretion.

The door will be able to open so if you want zombies or Cybermen or Stormtroopers trying to get through, peeking through from the other side you can. The floor plated in front of the dio are removable to allow only one row of plates there, or two if you have more room.

Hallway expansions will be sold, so it you want to add a hallway to the right or left side of the doorway (or both) to expand the scene, you can.

Hope is to have the main doorway set out by the end of the year.

LATER PLANS:
A med bay is high on the list and also in develpment, as is a light up genetic experiment/stasis chamber.

Hallways are made for you to continue on with another section, or sideways walls and doors will be made available to "cap" a hallway section off.

Here are other Photoshopped exterior hallway concepts I made:

Corridorconcept.jpg

Engineeringcorridor.jpg

XENOBIOLOGYhavok.jpg

At this point I need to drop the "space station" tag and start calling it "sci fi" environments, because technically they can be used for anything. :)

I could use a few of these but I'd have to remove stickers and paint it a different color. I'd prefer cape non light up versions myself in basic plastic. But some of these could definately work with my Firefly collection.

I could use a few of these but I'd have to remove stickers and paint it a different color. I'd prefer cape non light up versions myself in basic plastic. But some of these could definately work with my Firefly collection.

Good point about having some offered non-electric. That will actually probably be the normal way they will be offered- non-electric. Not everyone shares the preference to have dios light-up. :)

As far as the stickers go, those will all come on a separate sheet for you to apply yourself because we want these to be as customizable as can be, and we expect most people to want to paint theirs to suit the look or the dio they are shooting for. :)

could be very useful to recreate a scene from aliens to give those uscm's some kick ass poses.

Rick,
Not sure if you're aware but a few years ago Kotobukiya did a series of "Mechanical Chain Bases" for Gundam figures
( they work for other robot lines too ) which linked up in more or less the same way as you're proposing.

They wouldn't work for 1:6 scale but it might be worth checking them out as they could provide some more inspiration for what you have in mind.

Back