12 shot dead at movie theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a gun permit....its called the Second Ammendment

(Also a God given RIGHT aswell)

:slap

The second amendment was written to preserve and guarantee, not grant, the pre-existing right of individuals to keep and bear arms-- to allow for farmers to keep their guns and thus to be allowed to defend themselves against an English dominant superpower... God (or your believe in any diety) has absolutely nothing to do with it.

This isn't just an American thing. We (Canada) recently had a shooting in T.O. that was all over the news-- It's unsettling however that people feel that more guns are the answer. Anything can indeed be a weapon-- and there are enough idiots/a-holes/lunatics around that it doesn't make much sense to mass produce automatic weapons for mass consumption. Does it make a law-abiding sane owner of an automatic weapon feel good/safe about owning one? Sure... feel safe. But the weapon that was assembled next to yours was just used to kill other law-abiding sane people... Sleep tight.

This is a terrible tragedy.

There is no reason for the idea of more guns to be unsettling.

More people that use guns for ill should be what is unsettling.

The loop holes are the problem. Gun shows don't run background checks and don't limit number of guns sold. Some don't require an ID. That's part of the problem. Our gun show down the road from me usually sells 5000 guns over a weekend. Not a single one has a background check.
Thats your state. In CA you have to still wait even at a gun show. Hell you buy a gun from someone else it must be brokered by a gun shop to make sure checks and waiting period is done.

Then again I know where I can get anything you want in Long Beach, just make sure they don't think your a cop/

It's very alarming that they call Detroit the most dangerous city in america yet its so rare you hear these kinds of things happening in my city.
God bless all the families that lost a loved one.

i dont know why these incidents always result in a gun debate. no amount of gun control is going to stop some determined whackjob from getting one.

That is not really true. The waiting period may very much deter impulsive acts. More importantly to your claim, how many people really know exactly how to get illegal firearms? This murderer is highly educated, apparently from a stable middleclass background, what is the realistic chance of him having connections to organised crime? Some people would go out of their way to find a gun no matter what, but that very effort would exponentially increase the chance of them getting arrested or noticed. Humans are lazy and even a small deterent can have a halting effect.

Very sad to hear this. My condolence to all the families that have lost a loved one.

It's very alarming that they call Detroit the most dangerous city in america yet its so rare you hear these kinds of things happening in my city.
No one is crazy enough to try this in Detroit, they know the other people are armed too.

And Detroit isnt most dangerous Flint MI is.:rotfl

Thats your state. In CA you have to still wait even at a gun show. Hell you buy a gun from someone else it must be brokered by a gun shop to make sure checks and waiting period is done.

Then again I know where I can get anything you want in Long Beach, just make sure they don't think your a cop/

I'm almost 40 years old. When I went to school we never had to walk through metal detectors. We never, ever heard of anyone having a gun. A nudie magazine, cigs, beer, yes, but a gun no. And we had real mobsters living on our street in northern jersey. Look at today. Guns everywhere and metal detectors everywhere. I bet you my parents never worried about me getting shot back in 1979. Would you take that bet today? So we get more guns and machine guns and get more metl detectors and full body scans. First we got scanned at airports, then schools, now maybe movie theatres, next restaurants, then malls. All so we can carry more guns. But at what cost?

No one is crazy enough to try this in Detroit, they know the other people are armed too.

And Detroit isnt most dangerous Flint MI is.:rotfl

lol so not the case, Ive lived here all my life and if there's one thing i know these types of things just don't happen here, im not saying they wouldn't but its very unlikely. Flint...Detroit ranked number 2 same thing.

That is not really true. The waiting period may very much deter impulsive acts. More importantly to your claim, how many people really know exactly how to get illegal firearms? This murderer is highly educated, apparently from a stable middleclass background, what is the realistic chance of him having connections to organised crime? Some people would go out of their way to find a gun no matter what, but that very effort would exponentially increase the chance of them getting arrested or noticed. Humans are lazy and even a small deterent can have a halting effect.

ill concede i do believe the waiting period can deter impulsive acts. but this most definitely isnt that. this was calculated and prepared. Now, Im not a gun person myself, so i dont really know the ins and outs of illegally obtaining one, if this guy was determined enough to pack tear gas, vests, assault rifles.........well, he's working on another level, and probably wouldve just made his own explosive device if really pushed to that level.

this didnt happen because the guy somehow got access to guns. it happened because he was a deranged prick. and it wouldve happened with guns, knifes, homemade bombs, molatov cocktails or whatever. and thats why im not sure this should result in a guns debate, honestly.

I'm almost 40 years old. When I went to school we never had to walk through metal detectors. We never, ever heard of anyone having a gun. A nudie magazine, cigs, beer, yes, but a gun no. And we had real mobsters living on our street in northern jersey. Look at today. Guns everywhere and metal detectors everywhere. I bet you my parents never worried about me getting shot back in 1979. Would you take that bet today? So we get more guns and machine guns and get more metl detectors and full body scans. First we got scanned at airports, then schools, now maybe movie theatres, next restaurants, then malls. All so we can carry more guns. But at what cost?

Well nothing was heard of back then. You really think they are more sexual predators now or did we just not hear about it? I agree things are somewhat worse now ( I am only few years younger then you) but I also think we were more naive about things back then too.

lol so not the case, Ive lived here all my life and if there's one thing i know these types of things just don't happen here, im not saying they wouldn't but its very unlikely. Flint...Detroit ranked number 2 same thing.

I was part joking and part not joking. I have been in the WORST parts of LA and felt somewhat unsafe. I was in Detroit for couple weeks for work( dealing with law enforcement) and a few areas I was in I was like FU get me out of here. I am not scared easy as far as that stuff either.

I agree with Star Puffs about differing life schedules and such. However, bringing infants to any movie is just plain inconsiderate. On par with talking on a cell phone during a movie or kicking the chair of the person in front of you.

I agree with this. I know that there are people who do it, take their infants to the movies because theoretically they'll sleep through it, I don't agree with it. I have a two almost three year old and I won't take him to the theater because he can't sit straight or shout out and I think it's rude to other patrons just in thought alone, let alone my eight month old.

It's a tragedy that an infant was hurt (the news reports I saw didn't say killed but injured) and like Star Puffs said it can happen anywhere but the bringing an infant to the theater in general is mind boggling. I understand if both parents wanted to see the film and didn't have childcare, I'm sure there are a thousand excuses or reasons to justify it but I personally don't get it and I don't understand people who do it under any circumstance let alone to a midnight showing of a blockbuster film with loud noises that are sure to startle the child awake in a packed theater filled with 300+ people. The gunman was an unfortunate event on top of a puzzling choice of these parents.

The more you read about this guy the less sense this makes. Neuroscience grad student, graduated with honors from UCR (not an easy school) no criminal background.

What causes someone to make such a drastic change?

Because he realized humanity is ____ed up. I don't blame him either.

That is a very ignorant comment. Not all parents work 9-5 jobs or live on that scgedule. A child not yet in school could be up at midnight and have a perfectly healthy sleep routine.

More importantly this sort of killing could happen at any time. In fact mass murderers often target daytime groups because there are more people. People acting like there is some gross irresponsibility in a "midnight" showing are basically looking to blame the victims a little bit.

I don't know why anyone takes a baby to things like this, including ballgames. For one thing, it's very loud and the baby starts to cry, it disturbs others. Believe me, if I had a baby, I would just stay home or get a sitter. A movie is not that important.

If that guy would've went into a Detroit theater, chances are several guys would've pulled out their guns and shot his ass, that's why you don't hear about shooting like this there.

You do hear about shootings one or two at a time though.....often.

:slap

The second amendment was written to preserve and guarantee, not grant, the pre-existing right of individuals to keep and bear arms-- to allow for farmers to keep their guns and thus to be allowed to defend themselves against an English dominant superpower... God (or your believe in any diety) has absolutely nothing to do with it.

It was written to protect US citizen's right to have and use weapons. It gives them the right to protect themselves, their property and their country, and also against a tyrannical government...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms...shall NOT be infringed

Jesus Christ(who is my God ;)) in Luke 22:36
"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

even Jesus Christ supported our right as free men to have a weapon to protect...

so [slap] right back at you

He bought these waaaay ahead of time, beyond 5 days. It was all planned out. Wouldn't have stopped him.

What difference do gun laws or anything like that matter. If someone wants to kill they are gonna kill by any means necessary. Don't fear the gun fear the person using it. Why do people put a political spin on everything???

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

If that guy would've went into a Detroit theater, chances are several guys would've pulled out their guns and shot his ass, that's why you don't hear about shooting like this there.

You do hear about shootings one or two at a time though.....often.

oh please. if that were to happen the likely outcomes are as follows

You hit someone else in the theatre

You hit the bad guy, if your that good

Law enforcement thinks your the bad guy.

all the while there are people running and screaming past you. oh, and forgot to mention, it's dark and you've been tear gassed. and hell, whats better than one sociopath with a gun? kickass with a gun! ok, bullseye. whatever you say. :rolleyes:

It was written to protect US citizen's right to have and use weapons. It gives them the right to protect themselves, their property and their country, and also against a tyrannical government...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms...shall NOT be infringed

Jesus Christ(who is my God ;)) in Luke 22:36
"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

even Jesus Christ supported our right as free men to have a weapon to protect...

so [slap] right back at you
Quoting fictional literature?:dunno

:chase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back