Alex Ross' Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Earlier this year I was commissioned to paint the head, neck area and hands on an Alex Ross Superman for a custom. The end result was so cool I had to share it. I can only take credit for the painting, but considering the articulation limitations of the body I think it came out pretty f'ing sweet!

This is the Mego 12 1/2" Superman body from 1978. The first Superman figure I ever got was Mego and yes, the articulation is in a word lacking but until Hot Toys this was the best Christopher Reeve Superman on the market. It is 1/6 but very big and very heroic looking. Using this body to make an Alex Ross Superman makes a lot of sense. Your paint work is incredible and really does the character justice. Thank you for sharing.

Really good looking piece. I've always loved the look of Ross's Superman and that captures it really well. I have the DC 12" Kingdom Come and always thought it was and essential piece for the Superman canon. Congrats, man.

Really good looking piece. I've always loved the look of Ross's Superman and that captures it really well. I have the DC 12" Kingdom Come and always thought it was and essential piece for the Superman canon. Congrats, man.

Thanks! Yeah, I've been waiting for someone to do an Alex Ross Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman for awhile.

now we just need someone to try to tackle this guy. Alex Ross Robin
RossRobin.jpg

Back