Animated Gandalf vs Saruman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grond33

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got my Animated Gandalf Maquette today. Here are a few quick pics.

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

Cool!! I'm looking so forward to this. Saw it last year at SDCC and it's been at the top of my radar ever since.

That looks awesome. Hadn't really thought about these being designed as a pair, but it looks natural. Great shots.

I skipped this series, but I have to say Saruman looks really cool. Don't like gandalf very much. There's some hits and misses in this series. So far, I like gimli, saruman and legolas. Gonna skip them though, too much stuff lately and no more room.

I think the pair look better with Saruman facing the viewer, his "Lazy Eye" focused on Gandalf. Very cartoony feature that works.

I still don't exactly know what to make of these; they are goofy as hell and in some ways just WRONG, but I am indeed picking them up and I'm not missing out on any of em!

Wow these look great together! Dang it I don't need to collect anything else!

Saw them in person afew days ago, and they made for a great setup. Far more impressed with Gandalf than I thought I'd be.

They look great. Trouble now is being able to afford these, the dioramas, and any good looking PF's! I really hope the GTW turns out to be awful!

FrodoEyes said:
They look great. Trouble now is being able to afford these, the dioramas, and any good looking PF's! I really hope the GTW turns out to be awful!

That's why I only choose a line or two from each series (SW, LOTR, ALIENS, etc.). For LOTR, I chose the 1/6 line (since I'm really building up a cool 1/6 collection between SS, HT and Medicom) and the GG Animaquettes (because I'm getting the SW Animated line, and I think these are cool, whimsical representations of the characters in awesome action poses). NO busts, NO dioramas (so far), NO Weta statues...The occasional PF (so far all I own is the PF Fett from the SW line...GTW may be my first from LOTR...they just take up a TON of room, so you have to be choosy). :rolleyes:

But hey, to each their own, right!

hey mr grond, first of all nice models and collection, I would like to ask you about te material of gandalf.. what is he made of polystone? thanks

All of the Gentle Giant animaquettes are made of polystone, although I always had the feeling that they could have been done in plastic for a lot less, given how they typically don't have a lot of detail.

Back