Arcade Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ropen

Super Freak
Reaction score
After the new Jurassic World teaser was shown one thing I would like to see would be an updated version of the arcade Jurassic park shooter where you back in the car on the jeep and just go rampant shooting dinosaurs, as much as I love arcades, I feel like it's a good time to come back due to new technology that would make racing games and anything else be immensely intense.

Am I the only one that feels this way? Arcades were the closest thing to real life growing up to me at that time in some sense like Sega Daytona, or any fps games, plus the demo sounds on one, just make it more tempting and you can say in some sense that the in app purchases are the same thing as spending all your allowance to play a game back then...

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

That's an interesting point - we're at a technological point where arcades could take a giant leap forward, yet given all the advancements in home gaming, arcades are just not financially viable (for the most part).

I genuinely miss arcades. I think having that opinion instantly dates you, but I don't care. It's great for kids now to be able to have insane video game experiences at home. But the next generation is going to miss out on a true experience as a kid / teenager / slightly older than teenager. They won't put quarters on the screen to call next, and they won't have lots of other little interactions that were so much fun in arcades.

Near where I live, there is a legit arcade being kept alive. It's a mix of arcade / garage sale, in that they just will put out whatever games they have, with very little rhyme or reason. But everything is the original price (no $1 to play Pac-Man like Dave & Buster's), and it's a great trip down memory lane with some of this stuff.

Site whoring a bit, but The Manitou Springs Penny Arcade.

I used to spent a lot of time in arcades. I think they can still make money, just depends on the location. There are still a few in the LA area that at are busy. My neighborhood is booming, lots of new shops and nightlife. All food and beverage, not a lot else. I've actually considered opening an arcade. Consoles are great but sitting at home is nothing like an active arcade, the whole social settings is absent. Console games (for the most part) are not the same as arcade games.

Being the last man standing on Street Fighter at home is nothing compared to an arcade, :lol

Arcades still thrive go kart/kiddie golf places, and Chuck E Cheese, but yeah, they cater to different audiences and are intrinsically different than what I had growing up. Some of my fondest childhood memories are wasting hours playing Altered Beast, Final Fight, Street Fighter 2, Rampage, Mortal Kombat etc. with buddies, then walking over to the food court to eat some of that awesome, greasy pizza.

I used to spent a lot of time in arcades. I think they can still make money, just depends on the location. There are still a few in the LA area that at are busy. My neighborhood is booming, lots of new shops and nightlife. All food and beverage, not a lot else. I've actually considered opening an arcade. Consoles are great but sitting at home is nothing like an active arcade, the whole social settings is absent. Console games (for the most part) are not the same as arcade games.

Being the last man standing on Street Fighter at home is nothing compared to an arcade, :lol

I beat Marvel Superheroes straight through once

I beat Marvel Superheroes straight through once

I used to beat groups of guys at S.F. That game (franchise) in particular really made arcade games competitive, especially when you had groups of people lined up, quarters stacked and waiting. To me that's what made arcades really fun was competing against any number of random people on any given night. True you can do this online, just isn't the same when you have a live audience & trash talking friends.

I used to beat groups of guys at S.F. That game (franchise) in particular really made arcade games competitive, especially when you had groups of people lined up, quarters stacked and waiting. To me that's what made arcades really fun was competing against any number of random people on any given night. True you can do this online, just isn't the same when you have a live audience & trash talking friends.

I remember seeing people do the same thing when Mortal Kombat was big

Back