DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Probably never gonna happen given that she's never even mentioned here but if they get far enough I'd love to see Candice.
98e7f0194ff6bd02af669e2767aab109.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been saying I would love a Candace/Rupert Thorn 2 pack for a while! Would be awesome to see

I've been saying I would love a Candace/Rupert Thorn 2 pack for a while! Would be awesome to see

I think that some villains need their henchmen made into action figures, some more than others like Scarface, Ra's, Joker.

Probably never gonna happen given that she's never even mentioned here but if they get far enough I'd love to see Candice.
98e7f0194ff6bd02af669e2767aab109.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched that episode last night. Absolutely Candice/Thorn/Rhino/Mugsy to make this line whole.

Then again Kevin is 'out a here' so I do not expect anything beyond what has already been sculpted and maybe not even that.

Yes, sadly he resigned about 2 weeks ago :(

Just watched that episode last night. Absolutely Candice/Thorn/Rhino/Mugsy to make this line whole.

Then again Kevin is 'out a here' so I do not expect anything beyond what has already been sculpted and maybe not even that.

Why would the line stop?

The best way to get out really minor, one-off or non-action oriented characters would be to pair them with a Batman, Robin, Joker, Harley or Catwoman. Anything from two-packs to five-packs, basically. So the focus should be on what could be done with those characters to make people want to double-dip?

Here are some ideas:

Mask of the Phantasm Multipack:
Batman- Battle-damaged outfit, improved Bruce Wayne headsculpt with hanging cowl
Joker- Jet-Pack, battle damaged outfit, jetpack flame base (think SAGA Boba Fett figure), helmeted sculpt, defeated non-helmet headsculpt and 2 Joker bomb planes
Andrea Beaumont with removable Phantasm mask (they already made her headsculpt)- acid damaged sickle, baloney sausage
Hazel (movable head and arms) and Dog (movable mouth)
Salvatore "Sal" Valestra with briefcase and oxigen tank

"The Man Who Killed Batman" Multipack:
Sid the Squid with coffin and Batman cowl
Rupert Thorne
Candice
Joker (trenchcoat and sad facial expression)
Harley Quinn - wearing a crown and covered in jewellery

"Joker's Favor" Multipack:
Charlie Collins with Joker Bomb
Harley Quinn - GCPD Outfit and novelty cake
James Gordon (Smoking outfit - should be able to be switched out with a Bruce Wayne head)
Henshaw (Joker's Henchman)
Batman - closed cape

"Two-Face" Multipack:
Two-Face (TAS) (with alternate arms and trenchoat)
Harvey Dent
Pamela Isley (red dress)
Leslie Thompkins
Batman tied to a giant penny

"Arkham Asylum" Multipack 1:
Scarecrow (TAS) with three headsculpts (S1, S2, Crane)
Batman (asylum jacket)
Joker (judge outfit)
Lyle Bolton
Pamela Isley (prison inmate uniform)

"Arkham Asylum" Multipack 2:
Dr. Harleen Quinzel
Joker (prison inmate uniform)
Lock-Up
Batman (black and white) - basically a The Forgotten mine scene variant

"Harleyquinade" Multipack:
Harleen Quinzel (prison inmate outfit)
Batman (smiling facial expression)
Joker (bomber pilot outfit)
Knuckles, Vinnie, or Kowalski

"Be a Clown" Multipack: - I'm biased, but this was the first episode I ever saw so it has a special place in my heart
Joker as Jekko the Clown (with unicyle and Joker candle bomb)
Mayor Hill
Jordan Hill
Batman with removable belt and water torture tank (and exclusive thumbs-up hand)
Joker's Clown throne

"Catwoman" Multipack:
Catwoman with exchangeable Selina Kyle headsculpt and sleeping Isis
Roland Daggett
Bruce Wayne
Red Claw
Batman with Glider

That would leave the following relevant characters unassigned: Summer Gleason, Hugo Strange, Kyodai Ken, HARDAC Batman, Grey Ghost, Clock King and retro Batman (no yellow emblem, belt with compartment pouches).

They could pack in a generic GCPD officer with a cop car, a SWAT Team member with a SWAT Truck, and the GCPD Helicopter with Bullock's rookie days cop partner (the senior officer in charge of the helicopter in MOTP)

Last edited:

The best way to get out really minor, one-off or non-action oriented characters would be to pair them with a Batman, Robin, Joker, Harley or Catwoman. Anything from two-packs to five-packs, basically. So the focus should be on what could be done with those characters to make people want to double-dip?

Here are some ideas...

You've got my support. Now get retailers interested in those ideas!

Here are some ideas:

Mask of the Phantasm Multipack:
Batman- Battle-damaged outfit, improved Bruce Wayne headsculpt with hanging cowl
Joker- Jet-Pack, battle damaged outfit, jetpack flame base (think SAGA Boba Fett figure), helmeted sculpt, defeated non-helmet headsculpt and 2 Joker bomb planes
Andrea Beaumont with removable Phantasm mask (they already made her headsculpt)- acid damaged sickle, baloney sausage
Hazel (movable head and arms) and Dog (movable mouth)
Salvatore "Sal" Valestra with briefcase and oxigen tank

"The Man Who Killed Batman" Multipack:
Sid the Squid with coffin and Batman cowl
Rupert Thorne
Candice
Joker (trenchcoat and sad facial expression)
Harley Quinn - wearing a crown and covered in jewellery

"Joker's Favor" Multipack:
Charlie Collins with Joker Bomb
Harley Quinn - GCPD Outfit and novelty cake
James Gordon (Smoking outfit - should be able to be switched out with a Bruce Wayne head)
Henshaw (Joker's Henchman)
Batman - closed cape

"Two-Face" Multipack:
Two-Face (TAS) (with alternate arms and trenchoat)
Harvey Dent
Pamela Isley (red dress)
Leslie Thompkins
Batman tied to a giant penny

"Arkham Asylum" Multipack 1:
Scarecrow (TAS) with three headsculpts (S1, S2, Crane)
Batman (asylum jacket)
Joker (judge outfit)
Lyle Bolton
Pamela Isley (prison inmate uniform)

"Arkham Asylum" Multipack 2:
Dr. Harleen Quinzel
Joker (prison inmate uniform)
Lock-Up
Batman (black and white) - basically a The Forgotten mine scene variant

"Harleyquinade" Multipack:
Harleen Quinzel (prison inmate outfit)
Batman (smiling facial expression)
Joker (bomber pilot outfit)
Knuckles, Vinnie, or Kowalski

"Be a Clown" Multipack: - I'm biased, but this was the first episode I ever saw so it has a special place in my heart
Joker as Jekko the Clown (with unicyle and Joker candle bomb)
Mayor Hill
Jordan Hill
Batman with removable belt and water torture tank (and exclusive thumbs-up hand)
Joker's Clown throne

"Catwoman" Multipack:
Catwoman with exchangeable Selina Kyle headsculpt and sleeping Isis
Roland Daggett
Bruce Wayne
Red Claw
Batman with Glider

That would leave the following relevant characters unassigned: Summer Gleason, Hugo Strange, Kyodai Ken, HARDAC Batman, Grey Ghost, Clock King and retro Batman (no yellow emblem, belt with compartment pouches).

They could pack in a generic GCPD officer with a cop car, a SWAT Team member with a SWAT Truck, and the GCPD Helicopter with Bullock's rookie days cop partner (the senior officer in charge of the helicopter in MOTP)

wow...you have to work for DC :) :clap Fantastic ideas but I don't think Dc will release all these figures... :(

I was bored so I've decided to beat up a spare Joker face. Hahaha he looks terrible but was fun to do xDDD
P_20171003_161012.jpgP_20171003_161035.jpg

That looks great Blebble! Right out of Mask of The Phantasm :)

That looks great Blebble! Right out of Mask of The Phantasm :)

Thanks man! :) hahaha was fun to do xD (and no risky since the spare Joker is for the treanchcoat expression pack one)

Nah, blebble, that looks great!

Thank you! xD The hair should be sculpted and painted though, it looks too much "2D" effect xD But was fun to experiment :D

For those of you who have pre-ordered the GCPD Rogues Gallery with BBTS, they have received the Rogues Gallery but the bonus Gordon figures were not included.

They are awaiting them before shipping.
The wait continues 😭

For those of you who have pre-ordered the GCPD Rogues Gallery with BBTS, they have received the Rogues Gallery but the bonus Gordon figures were not included.

The wait continues ��

Thanks, I was wodering what the delay was. Wating for it to come in so I can ship my POL.

The wait continues ��

What is the bonus Gordon figure? I don't remember anything being mentioned or stated about it. I preordered the Rogues gallery set with BBTS immediately when they put it up.

Plus, I already have the regular Gordon release.

Thanks!

Edit: Just looked on their site and yes, they've added Gordon to the set. It's a little strange. When I preordered the set, nothing was mentioned about the bonus Gordon. Could be they're trying to make up for the delay. But it's weird considering now I have to wait for a bonus figure I don't need at this point. I can sell or trade it though so that's nice.

I was hoping they'd run out of Gordon figures and offer Bullock figures instead since I've yet to buy a Bullock. ;)

I wonder if they'll substitute him.

Could be they're trying to make up for the delay. But it's weird considering now I have to wait for a bonus figure I don't need at this point.

Nope. Gordon was offered as part of the deal at BBTS before the set was even officially released. Maybe not as early as when you first ordered but not long afterwards. Some even thought he was an overstock item that BBTS was trying to get rid of but obviously that's not the case if there is a delay.

Nope. Gordon was offered as part of the deal at BBTS before the set was even officially released. Maybe not as early as when you first ordered but not long afterwards. Some even thought he was an overstock item that BBTS was trying to get rid of but obviously that's not the case if there is a delay.

I actually think that was the idea, getting rid of the remaining Gordons they didn't sell. However, I can speculate more people ordered the Rogues and now they have to wait for more to meet the initial offer.

Bit of a slip whilst trying to give added value to their costumers, if that's the case.

Back