Devastated Laker Fan..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodie The Cursed said:
YOu think Phoenix is sticking thier big butt in this so the Lakers don't get Garnett..

Right now I hate Boston and Phoenix more than I ever have..

BAH...
:lol<LOL!!

as much as i love and respect the matrix, i'd gladly welcome garnett in his place!

Bodie ... sorry your hopes were dashed ... but you really have to own something to have it stolen .... all the Lakers ever had with KG was a hope ... or as Gandalf said "a fools hope". Every franchise has its dark ages - just look at the fabled Celtics the last decade. Take some comfort in those flage over the arena .... nothing lasts forever including being on the bottom - unless you are the Cubs...:D

gideon said:
Bodie ... sorry your hopes were dashed ... but you really have to own something to have it stolen .... all the Lakers ever had with KG was a hope ... or as Gandalf said "a fools hope". Every franchise has its dark ages - just look at the fabled Celtics the last decade. Take some comfort in those flage over the arena .... nothing lasts forever including being on the bottom - unless you are the Cubs...:D
Which is why I am enjoying what the Spurs are doing now. Once Duncan retires, who knows what will happen to them.

KupKake should've traded for Kidd or Boozer when he had a chance.

Hell, he should've never traded Butler for Kwame "Michael Jordan Broke Me" Brown.

The problem the Lakers have now is they don't have the combination of expiring contracts/draft picks/impact players to get help for Kobe. If they did, they wouldn't trade them.

They definitely shouldn't have given Kobe that no-trade clause. That means he dictates where he will go and what gets traded for him.

If the Suns make a deal which ends up being Stoudemire for Garnett they are trading the future for two years. BAD DEAL. Garnett for Marion and other consideration is a great Suns deal. But leave out Amare Stoudemire.

Marion can opt out of his deal next year. And he said he doesn't want to play in Boston.

gideon said:
If the Suns make a deal which ends up being Stoudemire for Garnett they are trading the future for two years. BAD DEAL. Garnett for Marion and other consideration is a great Suns deal. But leave out Amare Stoudemire.

I heard Stoudemire has an entourage that the team has been trying unsuccessfully to part him with. They say Amare is a good guy, but the element that surronds him is not.

Perhaps this is why they are willing to shorten their "window" w/ a classy guy like Garnett..

...GO LAKERS!! :eek:

is stoudamire for garnett part of the rumors? last ive heard it was just marion.

Im going to be pissed if STAT gets traded.

nash said:
is stoudamire for garnett part of the rumors? last ive heard it was just marion.

Looks like Amare's unwillingness to part ways with his Entourage (as Bodie mentioned), may be the deciding factor.

nash said:

Prepare to be pissed.

Bannister said:
Prepare to be pissed.

well, maybe it will be for the best. my main concern at this point is winning a championship.

but damn, thats a big trade for an aging superstar

nash said:
well, maybe it will be for the best. my main concern at this point is winning a championship.

but damn, thats a big trade for an aging superstar
Phoenix ain't winning a title as long as Robert Horry has a hip to check you with.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Reports now are that the Garnett trade to Phoenix was all hype...

GO LAKERS!!!

I read that too, and the same apparently stands with Kobe. :monkey1

everything is all HYPE until it's done and agreed upon.

Back