Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the Black Series Maz Kanata, Finn in First Order Disguise and Poe Dameron in store at a Barnes and Noble yesterday.
The Finn and Maz looked really nice but the Poe Dameron figure had HUGE googly eyes.

Hey guys, just got the Vader and Kylo Ren in from the latest wave. I'm really happy with them, they're great figures! I just feel like Vader could use some extra bulk, cause next to his grandson he doesn't look too impressive.

Also, I find Kylo has some charisma in his new outfit. I'm starting to like it, even unmasked. (Not shown in the pic: the lightsaber is an improvement over the earlier release. More deep red, less orange-ish.) If you're interested, I'll take more pics when I get back home.

Another one with Mafex Rogue One Vader, for comparison:

His new outfit looks nice I like the new design better than his TFA version but the only similarity that head shares with Kylo Ren is the black hair because the rest of his head doesn’t look anything remotely like Adam Driver.

Some shots of the Deluxe Wal-Mart Kylo are hitting the web

Screen_Shot_2017_10_03_at_8_38_24_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_10_03_at_8_38_45_PM.png

It also appears that the Battlefront II figure is starting to ship as well.

Screen_Shot_2017_10_03_at_8_39_07_PM.png

His new outfit looks nice I like the new design better than his TFA version but the only similarity that head shares with Kylo Ren is the black hair because the rest of his head doesn’t look anything remotely like Adam Driver.

Yeah, I'm not sure the picture really does him justice but the likeness isn't amazing anyway. I wonder if the "deluxe" with the advertised superior paint fares better. (I already know I like the sculpted cape more.)

What did you do to customize your Vader? He looks amazing.

Nothing, really. I just soaked the cape in water. I left before he was completely dry so I'm don't know yet if this type of cloth will keep the shape.

Nothing, really. I just soaked the cape in water. I left before he was completely dry so I'm don't know yet if this type of cloth will keep the shape.

He looks great, could almost pass for Hot Toys Vader. Did you flare out the dome of his helmet too, looks like it, I’m definitely gonna water treat my Vader.

He looks great, could almost pass for Hot Toys Vader. Did you flare out the dome of his helmet too, looks like it, I’m definitely gonna water treat my Vader.

No mod on the dome, this bad boy is totally stock. Maybe it's the angle that gives this impression, or maybe the fact that the cape lays closer to the body. It really looks like a mini ANH Vader, it's awesome. :)

It is a great figure, and Vader, strangely enough, seems like a character rarely done well, so that’s why I grabbed this one despite having a nice 12” version.

That's true. Most companies are having a hard time nailing Vader, despite many years of trying in all imaginable formats. It always feels like a rare opportunity to buy a good one. :lol

I'm still waiting for "my" 12 inch version. Hot Toys ROTJ Vader can't be too far away, now :)

At the moment my 12” is the Disney Elite Vader with a Hot Toys cape, also waiting for HT Vader. Before Hot Toys, I thought this was one of the best Vader pieces out.

Back