1/6 Hot Toys MMS291 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Spacetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From this distance, it looks like these guys are having difference backpacks! :google

They probably uesd whatever they could salvage on-set. :lol

Quite possibly.

There was a lot of detective work in this thread on RPF:

Spacetrooper Backpack- Found !! New pics added

Edgarhighlighteddeathstartrooper1.jpg

I just realized that this Spacetrooper was the director, Joe Johnston:

attachment.php

In fact I could almost see Joe Johnston's head sculpt in the Hasbro Spacetrooper. :lol

Apparently that was intentional:

Johnston played an Imperial gunner and a backpacked spacetrooper in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, and in that costume he was made into a Hasbro action figure in 2009.

I had no interest at all in the Shadow Trooper, not because he was EU but because Stormtroopers don't look right all in black. I'm much more interested in this Spacetrooper.

Funny that Hot Toys accentuate the Spacetrooper-ness of this release in their description:

One (1) Spacetrooper armor

One (1) Spacetrooper belt with leather holster

While the suit, belt and holster are no doubt identical to those issued in their Stormtrooper sets.

The more classic black and white Stormtroopers the better as far as I'm concerned!

Seriously, that's the best they could do? I'll probably pick it up, but was really expecting more than a trooper variant. But HT has to pay the bills I guess. I'm more interested to see if they announce and show more ANH figures. Wasn't there a rumor about 12-13 more yet to be shown?

best part of this, is i now have no doubt ill eventually get an ESB TK

Begun, the trooper variants have...

Not sure if I'll grab one. Mostly I'm just happy that they now appear very likely to make all the onscreen variants, which means upcoming options not just for figures but fodder for mods.

The spacetrooper does make sense in that no one has ever done it in this scale before.

YES! Totally getting this. From the time I was a wee lad, seeing ANH, I fell in love with the 'Spacetroopers' after their split second of screen time greeting the Millenium Falcon to the Death Star. I said to myself, 'Self, one day I will own a 1/6 scale figure of those guys.' Looks like that time has finally come. Thanks Hot Toys!

I don't think they'll have these at the con to be honest. If they do I'm in. I'll be there all four days. But I doubt it. I think HT will be there with SS obviously but no space trooper. I hope I'm wrong though.

Love the gun.
Yeah, it is a really menacing design.

I had no interest at all in the Shadow Trooper, not because he was EU but because Stormtroopers don't look right all in black. I'm much more interested in this Spacetrooper.
Feel exactly the same way in regards to the Shadows and this one is a bit tempting, have to say. Wouldn't mind one in the vanguard with two or four Stormtroopers bringing up the rear. It's a small bit of variance but I like it.

First ever Spacetrooper in 1/6 scale! An actual trooper from the movies that has never been done. Awesome! How can you not get two and have one of them pointing? :lol

Looks interesting but not a priority for me. Although that Gun looks badass!

Pretty cool especially since no one has really done one in this scale before. I think it's the right kind of Ex since it's such a fringe type of character and not an essential figure.

I always thought the breathing hoses came out of the two round things in the front like they do for the TIE pilot. I guess I must have mixed up the two Stormie types!

Back